Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Another data point - one-way LAX-BOS in first week March weekday, on what is currently slotted as a321Neo, only took 1 MTM certificate for the leg. I will say, if/when they start letting us see how many certificates it'll take before booking... if the ones I locked in at 2 MTM per segment are then showing as 1 MTM, it's an obvious cancel-rebook-reupgrade. How will JetBlue IT handle canceling a flight where you've already applied certificates? Any bets on the smoothness of the process in getting access to those certificates again?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone able to fix the "Ack. This flight isnt eligible for a Move to Mint." error message? SFO-FLL and FLL-SFO show mint cabin, but error keeps popping up and customer service doesnt know what to do.

Ive seen that message before when searching for availability on JFK-LAX. At least for me, it means that I dont have enough certificates available for use for that particular flight.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Ive seen that message before when searching for availability on JFK-LAX. At least for me, it means that I dont have enough certificates available for use for that particular flight.
Which would mean that one segment upgrade is more than 4 certs, which would be kind of crazy given that prices aren't that high. Too bad even customer service has no idea how many certificates it would cost. Hopefully they will actually process MTM normally when the 48/24 hours come up.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by olouie
Which would mean that one segment upgrade is more than 4 certs, which would be kind of crazy given that prices aren't that high. Too bad even customer service has no idea how many certificates it would cost. Hopefully they will actually process MTM normally when the 48/24 hours come up.
They definitely won't process MTM manually in any way in the T-48 window - as part of the new change, that process no longer exists and you must apply the certificates yourself using dynamic pricing, in advance. From https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mosaic under "How Move to Mint works":

Starting 1/4/24, you can redeem Move to Mint certificates immediately after booking. After you finish booking your core seat and check out, just head to
jetblue.com/manage-trips. You can Move to Mint any time before check-in, up to two hours before departure. You get to choose which flights you want to apply your certificates to, instead of them being assigned automatically.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by nenbeely
They definitely won't process MTM manually in any way in the T-48 window - as part of the new change, that process no longer exists and you must apply the certificates yourself using dynamic pricing, in advance. From https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mosaic under "How Move to Mint works":
Good to know. I guess I just have to wait until they figure out how many certificates are needed.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
From what I've encountered, I've booked a few blue fares where the corresponding mint fare was $799 and under. Those flights required only 1 certificate. I've briefly had a flight booked where mint was $1200+. Those required at least 3. So as long as the mint fare is low, it's possible the required certificate amount will drop but no guarantees it'll happen.
This was helpful - I found some sub-$799 mint fares and was able to book BOS-LAS (and back) using one certificate per person each way. Moreover it worked with award travel too.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
This was helpful - I found some sub-$799 mint fares and was able to book BOS-LAS (and back) using one certificate per person each way. Moreover it worked with award travel too.

I havent tried out the $800-$1200 range for mint fares so I have no idea how many certificates are required. But based on my limited sample size, it could be 1-3 certificates for that fare range.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:16 am

Has anyone attempted to use on of these on a third party booking?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Its pretty aggravating system (and classic JetBlue IT) that you cant determine the number of required certificates until after you book and ticket a flight.

I spent yesterday booking and cancelling itineraries, as everything I tried came up with 2 certificates required on domestic itineraries.
Are people paying cash & then getting these refunded using the US 24hr cancellation rule? or travel bank? If the former, are refunds being processed instantly?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Londonlouis
Are people paying cash & then getting these refunded using the US 24hr cancellation rule? or travel bank? If the former, are refunds being processed instantly?
ticketed with both miles and strictly cash payment and both were immediately credited back to the original form of payment under the 24 hour rule.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I wonder how much they're paying Sabre for this mess of booking and cancellations because Mosaics don't know how many certs are needed in advance?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:47 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Datapoint: Booked JFK-LON R/T for next month $968 plus 4 certs versus cash $2942.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Datapoint: Booked JFK-LON R/T for next month $968 plus 4 certs versus cash $2942.
How much of the $968 was the additional payment required to use the certs?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 2:10 pm

Also curious about this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:38 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Fare $181. Taxes/Fees $655.20. Move to Mint 4 certs + $132.30.

Total 4 certs + $968.50.
olouie, Londonlouis and ericabneri like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.