Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks! Did the same, worked great. Appreciate the report.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by crimonist
In October 2023, I had a flight from SAN-JFK where I had used a MTM cert get super delayed, so I called the Mosaic desk and they got me moved onto a flight out of LAX -- they booked me into a Mint seat without me even having to ask. Obviously, that's not really the same thing as a SDC, and policies might have changed since last year, but just wanted to note it.
Yes, there were a couple of reports (even SDC) last year (e.g., Post 45 ) of remaining in Mint after a SDC; I wonder if that is still the case - particularly now that there are a couple of reports to the contrary in this thread.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:15 pm

Has anyone seen a JFK-SFO or SFO-JFK upgrade for 2 certificates? So far Iíve only seen 3 or 4, which is crazy.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:53 pm

They really ought to upgrade the IT to show the # of certificates needed before booking. I just spent 60 minutes buying then canceling flights to hunt for a one-way that only needed 1 certificate. A big waste of time and also probably creates a bunch of junk data for JetBlue's analysts...

That being said, proud to now have 6 transcon Mint flights booked using my 6 certificates, all in either the throne seat or the 321neo setup. Took a lot of hunting, but LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK-LAX, LAX-MIA, LAX-EWR-LAX. Squeezing the most out of my one year Delta status match!

Last edited by nenbeely; Feb 28, 2024 at 4:53 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by nenbeely
They really ought to upgrade the IT to show the # of certificates needed before booking. I just spent 60 minutes buying then canceling flights to hunt for a one-way that only needed 1 certificate. A big waste of time and also probably creates a bunch of junk data for JetBlue's analysts...

That being said, proud to now have 6 transcon Mint flights booked using my 6 certificates, all in either the throne seat or the 321neo setup. Took a lot of hunting, but LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK-LAX, LAX-MIA, LAX-EWR-LAX. Squeezing the most out of my one year Delta status match!
Did you happen to notice any patterns with the ones that worked out for you? i.e., was it more or less "it's the ones with less than $500 fare difference between Y and J" or something else?
nenbeely likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Did you happen to notice any patterns with the ones that worked out for you? i.e., was it more or less "it's the ones with less than $500 fare difference between Y and J" or something else?
For the most part, it seemed pretty unpredictable, and I did keep notes on my attempts to try and discern any rhyme or reason to their certificate pricing. Only two observations - going west to east from LAX there was more 1-cert inventory than east to west, and any flights where the Mint cabin was more than half full already did not offer 1-cert redemption (and these were often the more expensive cash fares.) I did have one case (the return flight EWR-LAX) where on initial attempt it showed 2 certs, and then when I checked again 2 weeks later it had been reduced to 1 cert. Otherwise all other routes I checked after a time delay maintained the same certificate pricing.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by nenbeely
For the most part, it seemed pretty unpredictable, and I did keep notes on my attempts to try and discern any rhyme or reason to their certificate pricing. Only two observations - going west to east from LAX there was more 1-cert inventory than east to west, and any flights where the Mint cabin was more than half full already did not offer 1-cert redemption (and these were often the more expensive cash fares.) I did have one case (the return flight EWR-LAX) where on initial attempt it showed 2 certs, and then when I checked again 2 weeks later it had been reduced to 1 cert. Otherwise all other routes I checked after a time delay maintained the same certificate pricing.
Great insights, thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:46 am

So there is really and truly NO way to see before purchase how many MTM certs I need?

So what do I do? book refundable fare, check, cancel, repeat?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by jbandy10
So there is really and truly NO way to see before purchase how many MTM certs I need?

So what do I do? book refundable fare, check, cancel, repeat?
Book any fare and take advantage of 24 hour cancel. And then yes, check, cancel, repeat. Totally ridiculous.

If you call they can apparently do a dummy booking but not ticket and see the required number. However not sure how patient they will be to repeatedly do that.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question

Can MTM certs be used for bookings made entirely with points?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Yes
UVAhoo06 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Yes, I've done exactly this. Worked just as it did with cash bookings.
UVAhoo06 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Iím flying JFK PSP for work during a busy time. With Jetblue having a direct, I booked it.

Required 4 MTM certificates both ways. Wild. But the PSP JFK flight is a 930pm red eye so I happily took it as the only other Jetblue flight i take regularly is YVR JFK, which for some wild reason leaves at 1030pm without mint seats.

Happy to try mint once before losing this Delta matched status.

My flight was booked on a corporate travel engine and I was able to use a certificate after booking
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:16 pm

Trying to plan my certificate use through the yearÖ

Does anyone know if I have confirmed Mint with my certs for a flight next year 2025, but donít re-qualify, do I retain Mint for that flight?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by artificialard
Trying to plan my certificate use through the yearÖ

Does anyone know if I have confirmed Mint with my certs for a flight next year 2025, but donít re-qualify, do I retain Mint for that flight?
I believe the answer is no. Same goes for booking even more space seats for 2025

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.