Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:35 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Not to mention the only option is the confirmed upgrade - so unlike Delta once you use your MTM certs that’s it. They would rather send the cabin out empty than move elite customers up front. Not sure how that makes sense.
exactly. Not to mention how you have to actually book flights to see how many certs. Discussed as nauseam here of course but that’s only because of how insanely ridiculous it is.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:25 am

Angry Move to Mint Dynamic Pricing

Sharing my frustration about the Move to Mint certificates earned with Mosaic 3 is really unusable based on dynamic pricings. I had a flight that allowed me to use 4 MTM certs for 4 passengers but when the flights points redemption dropped, I cancelled and re-booked same exact flight but then the MTM pricing went skyrocket and now I can't use it because I don't have enough. Anyone else have a positive experience with tracking the Mint pricing and see it come back down after such? Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just redeemed 1 MTM certificate LAX-FLL on 5/30. My Blue fare was $199.00 and Mint was pricing out right about $1,200.00 so I was worried it might be two certifs. Overall very happy with this redemption and got my preferred departure time as well.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
exactly. Not to mention how you have to actually book flights to see how many certs. Discussed as nauseam here of course but that’s only because of how insanely ridiculous it is.
Spoke with the Mosaic Line a few days back & the agent - who seemed competent - stated that they now have to ability to check for you how many M2M certs would be required for any particular routing.

It's obviously a band aid for a bullet wound & way too little too late, but I would suggest those attempting to use M2M certs to call the Mosaic Line from the start from now on & hopefully it'll be a less time-intensive process checking through viable options. She was very apologetic & definitely understood how bad a look this was for Delta status matchers, who, for the most part, had many similar type of issues redeeming GUCs up until this point.
skydelt likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:08 am

Forgive me if this has been asked, if I use MTM certificates, but then cancel or reschedule the flight, do I lose them? Do they transfer with the ticket? Do they come back to me?

I rarely travel routes that offer Mint, so I am inclined to use them for a BOS-LAS trip this fall. But it's possible I might move my date by a day or two. If I use them now, what happens if I change the flight?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mgordong
Forgive me if this has been asked, if I use MTM certificates, but then cancel or reschedule the flight, do I lose them? Do they transfer with the ticket? Do they come back to me?

I rarely travel routes that offer Mint, so I am inclined to use them for a BOS-LAS trip this fall. But it's possible I might move my date by a day or two. If I use them now, what happens if I change the flight?
the certificates are returned to you but the travel ultimately needs to occur before 12/31 when they expire.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by pgh234
Another DL refugee here. Can anyone confirm if Move to Mint works on Blue Basic fares or flights purchased with points? It seems like they should, but I can't see that in the T&Cs.

I haven't posted enough to upload an image of the voucher. Here is the fine print pasted below: bolded the section about Blue basic. Nothing states about upgrading on tickets purchased with points.

Move to Mint

Book in back, then move to Mint—our refreshing take on premium travel—at no extra charge, though additional taxes may apply. After you purchase a core seat on a Mint-eligible flight, head to jetblue.com/manage-trips to upgrade your flight to Mint.
Move to Mint certificates are valid to use for travel by their expiration date. Additional applicable taxes may apply at checkout. Certificate(s) can only be used to move from a core seat to a Mint seat on routes where Mint seats are available. Move to Mint certificate holder must be traveling in order to use certificate(s). Move to Mint certificates cannot be redeemed in connection with certain bookings including, but not limited to, Blue Basic fares, group bookings, JetBlue Vacations packages, bookings made with a corporate or government discount, bookings made with other airlines even if they include a JetBlue segment and bookings with pets. Certificates cannot be used for moves directly into Mint Studio® seats, even if only such Mint seats are available. Customers who have used Move to Mint certificate(s) who no-show for the flight without canceling the booking before the time of departure will forfeit the certificate(s) and applicable taxes, except where prohibited by law. Certificates and applicable additional taxes will be recredited to customers who have used Move to Mint certificate(s) if the flight is canceled or operated by substituted equipment on which Mint is not available.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:49 am

Yes you can use with award travel
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:14 am

So, if I use certificates to MTM, can I choose my seat? Do they let you choose the Mint Suite (not studio) on older Mint layout when you MTM, or do you have to take a 2x2?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgordong
So, if I use certificates to MTM, can I choose my seat? Do they let you choose the Mint Suite (not studio) on older Mint layout when you MTM, or do you have to take a 2x2?
You can pick your seat and yes you can take a suite on the older planes.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
So after planning out our travels for the year, I determined there was no necessary travel I could use my 2024 MTM certs on. So found FLL-SFO-FLL flights for 5500 points each way that needed 1 MTM each, and me and my youngest son are going to fly out to SFO for lunch over memorial day weekend. Even managed 2A and 2F on both flights.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
So after planning out our travels for the year, I determined there was no necessary travel I could use my 2024 MTM certs on. So found FLL-SFO-FLL flights for 5500 points each way that needed 1 MTM each, and me and my youngest son are going to fly out to SFO for lunch over memorial day weekend. Even managed 2A and 2F on both flights.
Did that require 1 cert per segment or does 1 cert cover FLL-SFO-FLL?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Did that require 1 cert per segment or does 1 cert cover FLL-SFO-FLL?
per segment. So was 4 total for my son and I.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by AntimonyER
per segment. So was 4 total for my son and I.
Good deal. They finally got smart and moved off the 3-4 certs required each way for that route.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:19 am

JFK-LHR 4 mtm pp. it’s insulting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.