Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:57 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
"Certificates cannot be used for moves directly into Mint Studio® seats, even if only such Mint seats are available."
Do they mean just the 1A seats on TATL?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
"Certificates cannot be used for moves directly into Mint Studio® seats, even if only such Mint seats are available."
Do they mean just the 1A seats on TATL?
Yes, but “Available on all transatlantic and select coast-to-coast flights.”
Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:26 pm

LAX-JFK in March 2 MTM

Just to share as a data point. Booking LAX-JFK in March using points. Mosaic 3.

Blue flights are around 10.6-11K on the low end, Mint ranges 60K-90ishK. Mint is $768 when around 60K points.

Had to book and cancel flights to figure out the mint cert requirement, annoying but whatever.

Flight where mint was $988/90K ish points req'd 3 MTM.
Flight where mint was $768/60K ish points req'd 2 MTM, so I booked that one.

I feel 1 cert JFK-LAX does not exist because the econ fares are super low and this is mid-week low season. Mint cabin is empty.
Overall I'm happy though, paid 10.6k miles for mint.

One question, can I move to to an earlier flight and keep Mint if there's a seat open? I booked the latest flight that day. You can't do that w/ the legacy carriers when you get upgraded.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Noodlesz
One question, can I move to to an earlier flight and keep Mint if there's a seat open? I booked the latest flight that day. You can't do that w/ the legacy carriers when you get upgraded.
Good question. Would also be interested to know this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Blue flights are around 10.6-11K on the low end, Mint ranges 60K-90ishK. Mint is $768 when around 60K points.

Had to book and cancel flights to figure out the mint cert requirement, annoying but whatever.

I feel 1 cert JFK-LAX does not exist because the econ fares are super low and this is mid-week low season. Mint cabin is empty.

No. If you change your flight the process is canceling the cert and reapplying it. I believe this is in TOS somewhere as well, but I confirm this from a phone agent.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:31 am

FLL-SFO flight went out with mint cabin very empty but was 3 MTM until the very end. Cash price $749 and gate upgrade was $400. Only a few seats occupied at boarding and I think a few people paid to upgrade. So much for “dynamic” pricing for MTM.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:40 am

Question for someone who has tried it - if I book a connecting flight e.g. Seattle to Boston to Caribbean (on cash or points), can I apply move to mint certificate just to one segment? Or must I have enough certs to apply to both segments
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:13 am

Called Mosaic line to ask - they seemed unsure at first but finally said no. Seems like if you do a same-day change they downgrade you to economy, return the certs and then same-day change you into an economy flight where you can re-apply the certs at whatever rate they are currently asking.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MDtravels
Called Mosaic line to ask - they seemed unsure at first but finally said no. Seems like if you do a same-day change they downgrade you to economy, return the certs and then same-day change you into an economy flight where you can re-apply the certs at whatever rate they are currently asking.
This is what I was told for a same day change I did yesterday. I had used 1 cert on the first day the dynamic pricing came out, and wanted to change to an earlier flight.

Luckily the new flight also only required 1 cert. Maybe all flights only require 1 day-of? Has anyone else tested that?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
This is what I was told for a same day change I did yesterday. I had used 1 cert on the first day the dynamic pricing came out, and wanted to change to an earlier flight.

Luckily the new flight also only required 1 cert. Maybe all flights only require 1 day-of? Has anyone else tested that?
Lots of data points above with more than one certificate day of. Biggest issue is that if you do not have any more certificates there is no way for them to tell you how many certificates the new flight will require before you cancel the existing flight.
olouie likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:47 pm

Does anyone know if you cancel a move to mint if it will go back into your MTM inventory automatically?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
In October 2023, I had a flight from SAN-JFK where I had used a MTM cert get super delayed, so I called the Mosaic desk and they got me moved onto a flight out of LAX -- they booked me into a Mint seat without me even having to ask. Obviously, that's not really the same thing as a SDC, and policies might have changed since last year, but just wanted to note it.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond

I flew JFK-LAX on February 2 and used 1 MTM certificate to move to mint. Also booked are JFK-LAX on May 3 and LAX-JFK on May 4, with both requiring 1 MTM certificate each to move to mint. All three flights had mint that were under $1k.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ericabneri
Does anyone know if you cancel a move to mint if it will go back into your MTM inventory automatically?
Bumping this up in case anybody else has experience on this. I need to cancel a roundtrip in May where I have 4 MTMs committed, and I may want to try to re-use them on another flight. Do I need to call in to have this work properly, or can I cancel the flight online and expect my MTMs to return to my account?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by nenbeely
Bumping this up in case anybody else has experience on this. I need to cancel a roundtrip in May where I have 4 MTMs committed, and I may want to try to re-use them on another flight. Do I need to call in to have this work properly, or can I cancel the flight online and expect my MTMs to return to my account?
To answer my own question, Online worked instantly for me, Rebooked seconds later.
rcch0 and nenbeely like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.