Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by gr99gt
Checked this morning and one direction of my RT flight to Vegas dropped to be only 2 certs per passenger. The core price is still $344, but the Mint dropped to $1115 (one way).

I applied 4 certs and now have Mint one way for both flyers. Can't select seats though, does that not happen until checkin?
be prepared for a plane swap to non mint.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
be prepared for a plane swap to non mint.
That is stressing me out - are you picking on this particular route, or just generally? I assume they manage to keep their aircraft flying most of the time - how frequently has this been an issue for you?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:43 pm

MTM is too crazy this year. Canceled my sfo to fll trip on JetBlue since its clear they dont care about cash price and just want 3 MTM each way when mint was under $650. But I can book a much more expensive (around $1000) one way JFK-lax mint for only 1 MTM cert.

So Alaska gets my Florida trip and JetBlue loses the extra revenue for a more premium transcon route. No wonder they are bleeding money.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by olouie
MTM is too crazy this year. Canceled my sfo to fll trip on JetBlue since its clear they dont care about cash price and just want 3 MTM each way when mint was under $650. But I can book a much more expensive (around $1000) one way JFK-lax mint for only 1 MTM cert.

So Alaska gets my Florida trip and JetBlue loses the extra revenue for a more premium transcon route. No wonder they are bleeding money.
I agree the MTM process is screwed up, in fact just as much as last year, but I doubt the certs have any meaningful impact on JetBlues revenues.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
That is stressing me out - are you picking on this particular route, or just generally? I assume they manage to keep their aircraft flying most of the time - how frequently has this been an issue for you?
While deplaning Sunday night I asked the FA's if non-mint/mint sub outs happen a lot. They said they do. So don't be surprised.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I agree the MTM process is screwed up, in fact just as much as last year, but I doubt the certs have any meaningful impact on JetBlue’s revenues.
Not the certs directly but more of running an airline on these crazy types of "systems". But really Jetblue lost the revenue it could have gotten for the JFK-LAX mint to my MTM certs and will likely have to keep dropping the SFO-FLL-SFO mint prices are those aren't filling up even at the low prices. They could have easily gotten me to burn 2 certs on those cheap flights but no way would I burn 6 certs for a $1200-1300 RT.

Its also just a bad customer experience. They are trying to lure elites away from legacy airlines, but doing a piss poor job at it. If they made it easier I likely would have moved 20+ trips over to them since I love the A321, but as of now they get the bare minimum from me so I can just use up the MTM and then stop flying.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Not the certs directly but more of running an airline on these crazy types of "systems". But really Jetblue lost the revenue it could have gotten for the JFK-LAX mint to my MTM certs and will likely have to keep dropping the SFO-FLL-SFO mint prices are those aren't filling up even at the low prices. They could have easily gotten me to burn 2 certs on those cheap flights but no way would I burn 6 certs for a $1200-1300 RT.

Its also just a bad customer experience. They are trying to lure elites away from legacy airlines, but doing a piss poor job at it. If they made it easier I likely would have moved 20+ trips over to them since I love the A321, but as of now they get the bare minimum from me so I can just use up the MTM and then stop flying.
I came into this status match looking to shift some of my business from Delta to JetBlue, but my experience so far hasn't left a good taste in my mouth. Broken systems and the inability of customer service to fix obvious mistakes (both the MTM certs and receiving far less than the advertised number of points on cash tickets). I'm glad I've now used all our MTM certs, and I will likely book a JetBlue trip to NYC to use the Blade certificates. The helicopter rides were a lot of fun last year. I will continue to use JetBlue where they offer a better value for non-stop flights than Delta, but this status match has done nothing to win any additional business from me.

Have you looked into using your MTM certs on European flights? From what I've played around with on CDG flights, it generally seems there is better value there than on domestic flights. 3 of the 4 segments we upgraded only required 2 certs, and I burned 4 certs on a segment with a very expensive cash price.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey

Have you looked into using your MTM certs on European flights? From what I've played around with on CDG flights, it generally seems there is better value there than on domestic flights. 3 of the 4 segments we upgraded only required 2 certs, and I burned 4 certs on a segment with a very expensive cash price.
European flights would be nice, but the added time/costs/certs to fly from west coast makes it not worth it.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:08 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
So, part of the "giving JetBlue a try while still Delta Plat" crew and wow, this Move to Mint is not what I expected.

I've read up above so I'm not saying anything new but joining the chorus in case anyone from B6 reads this.

1) How in the WORLD can I not see how many Move to Mint certs are necessary before I actually book a flight? Do they just like people booking and cancelling 5 seconds later for fun?

2) In what universe is JFK-LAS THREE out of my 4 (Level 3) certificates?? Delta might be hard to use, but even if I don't clear I'm at the top of the upgrade list. There is just no way I can do the mental gymnastics required to use 75% of my years certs on one (old style) Mint flight.

Jeez.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk

2) In what universe is JFK-LAS THREE out of my 4 (Level 3) certificates?? Delta might be hard to use, but even if I don't clear I'm at the top of the upgrade list. There is just no way I can do the mental gymnastics required to use 75% of my years certs on one (old style) Mint flight.

Jeez.
They claim its dynamic but Ive yet to see that in action. Scott, or whoever is doing the manual pricing, is just as lazy as before so likely set it and forgot to update 😂
BeantownFlyer and MilesTalk like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:42 am

They claim its dynamic but Ive yet to see that in action. Scott, or whoever is doing the manual pricing, is just as lazy as before so likely set it and forgot to update 😂
last week LAS-JFK went from 3 to 4 certs on our flight. NO WAY in H.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:10 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by shoodawg
last week LAS-JFK went from 3 to 4 certs on our flight. NO WAY in H.
Guess it really is dynamic!! ;-)
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Guess it really is dynamic!! ;-)
Dynamic just like inflation 😂 But I do hope they drop prices closer to departure if cabins are empty. A few test bookings dont seem to show that yet for me but I can hope. Seems like right now they rather mint go out with empty seats vs drop the MTM upgrade pricing. Maybe their way of minimizing the cost of matching all the delta elites.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:39 pm

Dynamic just like inflation 😂 But I do hope they drop prices closer to departure if cabins are empty. A few test bookings dont seem to show that yet for me but I can hope. Seems like right now they rather mint go out with empty seats vs drop the MTM upgrade pricing. Maybe their way of minimizing the cost of matching all the delta elites.
anytime you move from one cert to three or four year over year you destroy goodwill.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:24 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Have encountered a price comparison issue, or more likely a planned feature by B6.

Once MTM certs are applied, they are removed from my account. Then, if I wish to price an alternative flight or use of certs, if there are no MTM certs in one's account, the IT system does not show or price MTM.

So it's not possible to see what alternatives I might be able to explore with a given certificate unless that certificate is unlocked from an existing booking....and once unlocked, what are the chances my existing booking reprices to a higher level of certs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.