Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by viviandarkbloom
Has anyone successfully Moved to Mint for work travel booked through TripActions/Navan? The program rules state:

I've asked two JetBlue reps this question and gotten one yes and one no. I'm not sure if Navan counts as an OTA.
Answering my own question–I was successfully Moved to Mint on a Navan-booked LAX>JFK flight ~32 hours out. My company does have a corporate discount with B6 (according to Navan, at least), so looks like corporate bookings qualify at least for now.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:10 am

DId we ever get an answer on whether 3rd party tickets (Expedia,Cap1travel,Chaseportal) can get move to mint?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Cancelling after Move to Mint applied

If a ticket is cancelled after a Move to Mint has been applied does the Move to Mint award get returned to the account?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jbandy10
DId we ever get an answer on whether 3rd party tickets (Expedia,Cap1travel,Chaseportal) can get move to mint?
When I chatted with support about my corporate booking, they stated that tickets booked through OTAs like Expedia did not qualify.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
The Mosaic line confirmed that Blue Basic fares are eligible for Move to Mint this year (the terms are pretty clear they aren't eligible next year). Has anyone else confirmed this with the Mosaic line or in practice?

I'm trying how to figure out how to best book a transatlantic round-trip for me (Mosaic 4) and my wife (Mosaic 3). I think the best way is to book each of us on separate reservations, so we each would use 4 certs (even though I have 6 total)? If I book us in one reservation, will that make any difference? I looked into two separate one-way reservations for both of us, but the cost is more than round-trip.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by coleslaw
If a ticket is cancelled after a Move to Mint has been applied does the Move to Mint award get returned to the account?
It will be returned to your account, but not instantly, at least not for me.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:47 am

how many certs can i use at a time? I have 4, so can i use all 4 in the same flights if we have 4 passengers traveling?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
how many certs can i use at a time? I have 4, so can i use all 4 in the same flights if we have 4 passengers traveling?
it’s you plus 1 pax.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Anyone know if these can be used on redemption tickets or just paid. T&C do not speak to this at all.
Originally Posted by bryan7007
I emailed and they said yes.
Confirming with actual DP that my JFK-LAX award flight was upgraded using MTM, surprisingly at around 48 hours in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MDtravels
Spoke to an agent on the Mosaic Line (877-538-8783) who says they should work on point tickets but didn't ask about blue basic fares.
Works with Basic through year end. Then Blue required.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 12:38 pm

WIll these work on a fare such as ATL-JFK-LHR for the second leg? Does it matter that I'm applying the voucher to an itinerary that includes a non-mint flight?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:55 pm

New to Blue. Few questions on Move to Mint process:
1) If only Mint Studio left, do they give this as move to mint?
2) Do they Move to Mint if only one or two Mint regular seat available, or hold to sell?
3) At what point prior to flight do they end the Move to Mint upgrade process?
4) Seems priority is M4 before M3. Any other known prioritization?

Thank you!

Last edited by shoodawg; Oct 30, 2023 at 8:15 pm
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shoodawg
New to Blue. Few questions on Move to Mint process:
1) If only Mint Studio left, do they give this as move to mint?
2) Do they Move to Mint if only one or two Mint regular seat available, or hold to sell?
3) At what point prior to flight do they end the Move to Mint upgrade process?
4) Seems priority is M4 before M3. Any other known prioritization?

Thank you!
Just bumping this back up to see if anybody has insights into shoodawg's questions - I'd love to know also. Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by jbandy10
WIll these work on a fare such as ATL-JFK-LHR for the second leg? Does it matter that I'm applying the voucher to an itinerary that includes a non-mint flight?
Yes works if only one flight has Mint. For 2023 move to mint is per flight segment anyways.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
How does the Move to Mint cert work with the Same Day Switch benefit?

E.G. if I am upgraded to Mint on a LAX-JFK-FLL itinerary, can I same day switch to Mint on LAX-MIA assuming there is at least one open Mint seat on the direct flight?
Only speaking to the ability of using same day fight change (not any routing differences), I was able to do this yesterday. The agent as first seemed skeptical, saying there would have to be seats available and the upgrade process would have already needed to happen on the new flight before they would move you. At 24 hours prior, I think the latter part is usually the case, but in any case I knew there were seats open on the flight I wanted to move to. After a few minutes of checking she confirmed she could do it and I was moved to the flight retaining the upgrade.

Originally Posted by shoodawg
My LAX-EWR upgrade cleared this week around 36 hours in advance for 2 people and there were only 2 seats left. So it appears they will clear upgrades up to the last available seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.