Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:57 pm

Does the mint certificate work with points?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Does the mint certificate work with points?
Yes, sitting in an upgraded 9k points transcon move to mint seat right now. Cleared about 41 hrs ahead of time.

Last edited by firemandan9; Nov 3, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Old Nov 5, 2023, 6:16 am

If a mint seat opens up after you get denied from move to mint, will it run again and upgrade you still? Or are you out of luck?

Mint was full but seats opened up and it seems like no one at B6 knows what should happen if you get the denied email prior to 24 hours before your flight.

Also if you have 2 passengers on the reservation but only one seat opens does it skip both passengers?

Some updates to my own questions:
1) Seems like if you get denied at 24 hours thats its, agents said even if space opens up they cannot process the certificates. Maybe YMMV.
2) If you have multiple passengers on a reservation there has to be enough mint seats open at 24 hours for all of them. So its all or nothing. If you both have status it makes more sense to make two separate reservations instead of together to maximize upgrade changes.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 6, 2023 at 10:21 am
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:54 pm

Any idea if a person can apply Mint upgrade certificate to award flight booked through Qatar?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:59 pm

Too many certificates removed? Cleared to mint but saw they took 2 instead of 1 certificate. Anyone else have this happen? Hopefully easy to get them to fix it?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by olouie
Too many certificates removed? Cleared to mint but saw they took 2 instead of 1 certificate. Anyone else have this happen? Hopefully easy to get them to fix it?
For the 2023 program year the legitimate reasons for 2 certs bei g pulled would be clearing an upgrade on a flight to Europe, you also had a companion get upgraded or you had two mint flight segments as part of the same trip that both cleared.

Other then that I would inquire as to what happened.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by firemandan9
For the 2023 program year the legitimate reasons for 2 certs bei g pulled would be clearing an upgrade on a flight to Europe, you also had a companion get upgraded or you had two mint flight segments as part of the same trip that both cleared.

Other then that I would inquire as to what happened.
Just a sfo to bos transcon. Should have been one cert.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:30 am

Called and got it fixed but new rules for move to mint came out today according to the agent.

1) No more retained upgrade with same day switch.
2) There has to be more than 1 mint seat left for airport upgrades so that means at 24-48 hours you need your party +1 to get upgraded.
3) No upgrades after the upgrade process has run 24-48 hours before departure.

This makes the certificates much less useful to me. Hopefully agents are either not being accurate or jetblue will pull some of this back.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 7, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Cleared JFK-LAX into Mint from a Blue fare ~41 hours prior to departure. There were 2 open seats available in the cabin when I last checked, and now there is just 1, so I assume I was the only upgrade. No idea if the last seat is being saved for a gate upgrade as olouie suggests above, or if I would have gotten that seat if there had just been 1 left instead of 2. Anyway, happy to experience Mint since most flights tomorrow were already sold out.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Cleared JFK-LAX into Mint from a Blue fare ~41 hours prior to departure. There were 2 open seats available in the cabin when I last checked, and now there is just 1, so I assume I was the only upgrade. No idea if the last seat is being saved for a gate upgrade as olouie suggests above, or if I would have gotten that seat if there had just been 1 left instead of 2. Anyway, happy to experience Mint since most flights tomorrow were already sold out.
I had an almost identical experience - cleared JFK-LAX just under 40 hours out, was showing 5 open before that point, and 4 afterwards (and still showing 4 all the way until a few hours before the flight, so I may have been the only one with a Move to Mint used...) On my LAX-JFK leg there was only 1 Mint seat open at 48 hours, and I got the 'so sorry, your certificate won't be used' email. On the actual flight, all Mint seats were full, so I'm assuming they sold a cash upgrade at the gate for that final seat.

Enjoy the flight! I sat in a window Mint seat on their regular 321, two-across. I found Mint to be a superior soft product to the three different Delta D1 experiences I've had (75S, 763, 764) and a better hard product than the Delta 75S and 763. Delta 764 I preferred over the 321 Mint seat, but hopefully in a future flight I'll be able to try either the 321 "Throne" seat, or the 321Neo configuration.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 8:06 am

JetBlue responded on Twitter saying that the agents were inaccurate and that there are no changes but based upon reports it does seem like they are holding 1 seat for gate upgrade.

The part that really sucks is that once upgrade process runs you have no more chance even if seat open up. I assume that’s due to their very manual process but seems like a huge downside given that you supposedly can clear into mint and then same day switch (ymmv). I guess best to book first flight of the day and then switch to increase chances.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by nenbeely
I had an almost identical experience - cleared JFK-LAX just under 40 hours out, was showing 5 open before that point, and 4 afterwards (and still showing 4 all the way until a few hours before the flight, so I may have been the only one with a Move to Mint used...) On my LAX-JFK leg there was only 1 Mint seat open at 48 hours, and I got the 'so sorry, your certificate won't be used' email. On the actual flight, all Mint seats were full, so I'm assuming they sold a cash upgrade at the gate for that final seat.

Enjoy the flight! I sat in a window Mint seat on their regular 321, two-across. I found Mint to be a superior soft product to the three different Delta D1 experiences I've had (75S, 763, 764) and a better hard product than the Delta 75S and 763. Delta 764 I preferred over the 321 Mint seat, but hopefully in a future flight I'll be able to try either the 321 "Throne" seat, or the 321Neo configuration.
Thanks! I have an aisle seat in row 1, throne seat would be really cool but I had no expectation of getting that with a Move to Mint cert. Just happy to have any Mint seat. I am flying back in D1 (using a RUC confirmed in advance - much less stressful!), so I will get a direct comparison of the products.

Originally Posted by olouie
JetBlue responded on Twitter saying that the agents were inaccurate and that there are no changes but based upon reports it does seem like they are holding 1 seat for gate upgrade.

The part that really sucks is that once upgrade process runs you have no more chance even if seat open up. I assume that’s due to their very manual process but seems like a huge downside given that you supposedly can clear into mint and then same day switch (ymmv). I guess best to book first flight of the day and then switch to increase chances.
I'm more concerned that they're holding back 1 seat for paid upgrades at the gate. The wording online says "if there are enough available seats", and not "if there are enough available seats aside from the one we hold back for last minute sales". If they want to sell the last seat at the gate they should just be transparent about it. I guess this is only an issue for another few weeks until the new rules kick in.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I'm more concerned that they're holding back 1 seat for paid upgrades at the gate. The wording online says "if there are enough available seats", and not "if there are enough available seats aside from the one we hold back for last minute sales". If they want to sell the last seat at the gate they should just be transparent about it. I guess this is only an issue for another few weeks until the new rules kick in.
Jetblue claims they are not holding the 1 seat, but its strange when there are no open seats when the upgrade process runs and then 1 becomes open right after it runs. Would be much better if they were transparent about when the upgrade process is supposed to run and hopefully improve it so that you can clear if seats open up after the process runs. Right now its a fully manual process, when they took more certs than they should have from me the agent literally said "let me see who took the extra certificate and talk to them to replace it". Sometimes the upgrade runs 48 hours then again at 24 hours, sometimes its random before 24 hours and again at 24 hours and sometimes it just runs once and thats it. You can never tell whats going to happen.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: Frontier 100k, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Upgraded to Mint LAX-JFK at around T-44 hours of the first flight. The return leg was also upgraded. There are still 5+ mint seats left in both directions. Booked basic economy ticket for $208 roundtrip through Jetblue.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:48 pm

I got an email about 18 hours before my flight: "We are reaching out regarding an issue with the functionality of the Mint seat you selected for your upcoming flight. The reported seat issue doesn't impact your safety, but may impact your comfort level."

I called JetBlue, and they said the seat wouldn't recline, but they also offered to put me on a flight 2 hours earlier that had an open Mint seat and retain the upgrade. I switched and then discovered the open seat on that flight was actually a "throne seat". It also gets into LAX a bit earlier, so I'm pleased with the result and the fact that they reached out to handle this proactively (rather than letting me discover the broken seat on my own).
jjbiv, shoodawg and olouie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.