Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website error

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Website error

I was booking a ticket today and at the payment stage I got "There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If you receive this error repeatedly, please contact 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance."

I called and they were able to complete the booking. Now, when I go to the reservation in My Trips - Manage Flights, I can see the flights, but when I click Manage flight, I get the same error message. A phone agent basically said these things happen, don't worry, and a chat agent (who added some information to the reservation) suggested clearing cache and cookies. Clearing didn't help and I have the same problem on another computer and on my phone using the B6 app.

I'd like to see the flight information to make sure everything is entered correctly and I'm worried that I won't be able to check in online.

Any suggestions for fixing this would be appreciated.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, leave it alone. So long as you can see the reservation (and presumably the ticket)

Everytime someone touches the PNR, the risk of an error increases.

Yes, whatever happened may inhibit OLCI, but that is better than dealing with a mess.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:55 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

JetBlue uses Sabre which has all sorts of bugs. It's annoying but it is what it is. If you want to verify the reservation, just call and have them email you a copy of your itinerary. IME, OLCI usually works fine even if you can't view the reservation on the website, so most likely, you should be fine. Even if not, the kiosks are very fast to print your boarding pass.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:28 am
Original Poster

We got an email copy of the itinerary, including ticket numbers. I can view the reservation online, but not see or change seats, etc. Half of the time I try to log into my account from my computer I get "oops our servers are wonky" - is that typical?

I'd like to make sure we get TSA pre-check before heading to the airport, but on the other hand pre-check doesn't seem much faster than the regular line at JFK T5 according to https://jfkairport.com/

Is the premium security line usually any faster than the regular or pre-check lines?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:48 am

No, it's not typical. Whenever I've seen issues in the past, usually clearing cookies/cache resolves it. Try using a different browser and/or an incognito window to see if that helps.

Precheck has absolutely nothing to do with checking in online and everything to do with making sure your Known Traveler Number (KTN) is on your reservation before check-in. See here for more info. If your KTN numbers are not on your reservation, you should call in and have them added.

The TSA Pre-Check line is typically the fastest line, followed by the JetBlue Even More Speed (EMS) line, followed by the regular line, but this can change depending on the conditions, although, either of the first two are always faster than the regular line.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, it's not typical. Whenever I've seen issues in the past, usually clearing cookies/cache resolves it. Try using a different browser and/or an incognito window to see if that helps.
I've tried both a different computer and the phone app. Neither helped.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Precheck has absolutely nothing to do with checking in online and everything to do with making sure your Known Traveler Number (KTN) is on your reservation before check-in. See here for more info. If your KTN numbers are not on your reservation, you should call in and have them added.
Yes. I like to know before I get to the airport, because I usually fly AA or DL at times that pre-check makes a big difference in wait times, so I can leave for the airport a bit later, and also so that I don't have to worry about problems with a reservation or BP. Due to the rare glitch I've had to add my KTN with an agent at an airport (and immediately gotten pre-check) or deal with other problems, but that involves waiting in line. I'd rather know about any problems well in advance, which OLCI reveals (well, 24 hours in advance).

ETA: The JFK T5 pre-check line is now longer than the regular line, according to the airport web site (ok, it's only a one minute difference):

Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

FWIW, I was able to check-in online. For some reason, trying over wifi generated a 400 error on my computer (multiple browsers, also on another computer) and a try again message in the app, but switching to mobile data allowed check-in on the app.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
The website, which is never great, has seemed significantly worse than usual lately.

For my trip last week, I couldn't get to the payment screen no matter what I tried; got an error 400 on pay.jetblue.com on multiple browsers. Had to wait an hour and after multiple attempts, I was able to get to it.
When I tried to OLCI, I couldn't get that website to load either. Finally got the app to at least start to check me in on the way to the airport, but it timed out on the seat selection screen. When I got there, the kiosk showed me as checked in.

Today, I was booking an emergency round trip for tomorrow -- got to the payment screen, and tried to apply $120 of my $120 in Travel Bank funds. Errored out, saying I had to apply an amount of at least $1 and not more than my balance. Hmm.

Tried to book on the app, and my $199 flight was suddenly $399.

Fortunately, I was in the edge case of being a Mosaic booking for next-day travel, so I knew I could book the cheapest flight of the day (which was 14 hours before I needed to travel) and SDC. But under any other circumstances, I'd have been screwed to the tune of $200, and livid.

I was finally able to book the earlier flight, SDC it to later, and select an EMS seat in the app, by splitting each of those into a separate transaction. But the whole process took almost an hour.

Most of this nonsense seems to be load-related -- when the servers are under a lot of strain, they buckle. Surely by now JetBlue should be scaling things up on the backend, but they never seem to learn.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
FWIW, I was able to check-in online. For some reason, trying over wifi generated a 400 error on my computer (multiple browsers, also on another computer) and a try again message in the app, but switching to mobile data allowed check-in on the app.
Curious who your ISP is -- I have had the same issue multiple times now.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

RCN.

BTW, when the website gave errors as I was trying to pay for the trip I called in. In the meanwhile, the website showed a higher price. They were able to find the PNR with the original price and honor that price - the agent had to call someone so she could override the new higher price, but it worked. It sounded as if I was far from the first time she encountered the problem.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
RCN.

BTW, when the website gave errors as I was trying to pay for the trip I called in. In the meanwhile, the website showed a higher price. They were able to find the PNR with the original price and honor that price - the agent had to call someone so she could override the new higher price, but it worked. It sounded as if I was far from the first time she encountered the problem.
I'm also with RCN -- I'm wondering if there's some sort of weird routing issue there.

Good to know about that workaround.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
JetBlue doesn't work with RCN. That's been my experience in the last two months. I cannot book a reservation, I cannot check in at home where I have RCN. Once I connect through VPN to my office PC, everything immediately works from there--because it's not RCN.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dtremit
The website, which is never great, has seemed significantly worse than usual lately.

For my trip last week, I couldn't get to the payment screen no matter what I tried; got an error 400 on pay.jetblue.com on multiple browsers. Had to wait an hour and after multiple attempts, I was able to get to it.
When I tried to OLCI, I couldn't get that website to load either. Finally got the app to at least start to check me in on the way to the airport, but it timed out on the seat selection screen. When I got there, the kiosk showed me as checked in.

Today, I was booking an emergency round trip for tomorrow -- got to the payment screen, and tried to apply $120 of my $120 in Travel Bank funds. Errored out, saying I had to apply an amount of at least $1 and not more than my balance. Hmm.

:

Fortunately, I was in the edge case of being a Mosaic booking for next-day travel, so I knew I could book the cheapest flight of the day (which was 14 hours before I needed to travel) and SDC. But under any other circumstances, I'd have been screwed to the tune of $200, and livid.

I was finally able to book the earlier flight, SDC it to later, and select an EMS seat in the app, by splitting each of those into a separate transaction. But the whole process took almost an hour.
well color me Dumb, I had no idea a Mosaic was able to SDC, I thought we could switch flights bat any time but would have to pay any fare difference

Can you (or someone ) explain how to SDC on B6, is it simply day of flight calling up and asking to switch to the flight you want (as long as theres seats available for sale) must it be done only via the app? or will callin g up do it as well?

TIA Id like to take a later flight next week as plans have changed but right now all the flights are > 2x what I paid, so barring a SDC Im taking my tkted flight
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by grrizzli
JetBlue doesn't work with RCN. That's been my experience in the last two months. I cannot book a reservation, I cannot check in at home where I have RCN. Once I connect through VPN to my office PC, everything immediately works from there--because it's not RCN.
It may not be RCN. It may just be a corrupted cookie in your browser. Try:

a) Clearing cookies
b) Using an incognito/private browsing window
c) Using a different browser

Odds are that it will work. I see these errors all the time with Jetblue's website.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by craz
well color me Dumb, I had no idea a Mosaic was able to SDC, I thought we could switch flights bat any time but would have to pay any fare difference

Can you (or someone ) explain how to SDC on B6, is it simply day of flight calling up and asking to switch to the flight you want (as long as theres seats available for sale) must it be done only via the app? or will callin g up do it as well?

TIA Id like to take a later flight next week as plans have changed but right now all the flights are > 2x what I paid, so barring a SDC Im taking my tkted flight
Additional Mosaic Same-Day Change Benefits
  • You can make your confirmed same-day changes online (www.jetblue.com), on our mobile app, or via the dedicated Mosaic line or at the airport beginning a full 24 hours (in the time zone of the departing flight) prior to your original scheduled flight.
  • Same-day change fee is waived.
  • All other same-day change guidelines apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.