Wiki Posts
Search

JAL - Hot Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

So what's the best course of action? Use wet towels regularly? Bring a portable fan? I travel in t-shirts and shorts, is it enough?
Exit row seat tends to be a little cooler. Or, you could stand in the galley by the door to cool down a bit.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

In seat 1k they realized the temp setting wouldnt work with me. First they offered to put down the temp then next thing they are dishing out blankets for everyone but me

Life is good. Only if youre in row 1-2.

Last edited by kaka; Apr 13, 2014 at 3:04 am
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:52 pm

JAL - Hot Cabin

Having taken my SIN-NRT-LAX return (a total of 8 JL flights over past 6 months) I really didn't feel too hot in the cabin - well no more than CX or MH. In fact a few recent SQ flights were 'hotter' if I must compare. I attribute keeping cool to just traveling with shorts and t-shirt.

That said, the wooly blankets accompanying the new SS6 seats between SIN and TYO are way OTT and you'd roast underneath them! But the thin comforters used on the 787 are pleasantly comfortable.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Apr 28, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:46 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Agree, i ended up sleeping in ss7 blanketless.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
Agree, i ended up sleeping in ss7 blanketless.
Yes the same comforter is available on SS7 too but didn't feel I needed it.

Must say though that between SS6, SS7 and 787, it was SS7 that feels 'hottest'. Ironically there was a Japanese gentleman sitting next to me on the SS7 that immediately requested a sweater and wore that throughout the entire flight!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Yes the same comforter is available on SS7 too but didn't feel I needed it.

Must say though that between SS6, SS7 and 787, it was SS7 that feels 'hottest'. Ironically there was a Japanese gentleman sitting next to me on the SS7 that immediately requested a sweater and wore that throughout the entire flight!
i totally demanded the AC to be put as low as possible - i didnt DEMAND it, but head cabin crew saw my face and knows if they dont do it and give blankets to everyone else i'd be asking for water ever 2 minutes
Old May 1, 2014, 9:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have been noticing that the hot cabin problems do not seem to occur very often when the flight is pretty quiet. I don't know why that is, but for some reason on my exposure to JL flights there seems to be a correlation between load and temperature.

Anyway, my latest JL long haul flight thankfully did not cause me to "feel like a boiled octopus".
Old May 5, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Being sometimes the ONLY gaijin on JL723/724 most of the time I now carry on my clip on fan that plugs in to the outlet. The FA's look at me like I've got 3 heads but when the cabin temp is 28-30 and ALL the Japanese are wearing cardigans, blankets etc etc it's the ONLY way I can keep it relatively cool in my C class cubicle.

YMMV !!!!!!
Old May 5, 2014, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rpcfly
Being sometimes the ONLY gaijin on JL723/724 most of the time I now carry on my clip on fan that plugs in to the outlet. The FA's look at me like I've got 3 heads but when the cabin temp is 28-30 and ALL the Japanese are wearing cardigans, blankets etc etc it's the ONLY way I can keep it relatively cool in my C class cubicle.

YMMV !!!!!!
Whst happens if you tell them cabin is too warm?

I feel that tgey just like putting on sth to "make them feel safe" psycologically
Old May 24, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I just got off of JL9. I thought I was going to melt! I like it warm, but between the cabin temp, huge duvet, thick pajamas, and champagne drinking it was just too much heat. I asked for the cabin to be cooled down twice and could tell a slight change in temperature, but I'm pretty sure it was negated by the end of the flight.

FYI the cabin was 7/8.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Thumbs up Comfortable temperature! 80.2 degrees F.

I flew United SAN-SFO-ORD-SAN last week and the temperature was the comfortable 80.2 degrees Fahrenheit, that JAL flies with at the low humidity.

The seats in Economy Plus were more like Economy LESS!

But since I don't booze, my internal temperature controls adjusted just fine for a nice flight.

As Papa Bear says, NOT TOO HOT, NOT TOO COLD!
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
I just flew JAL from LAX to NRT and it was a waste of a business class ticket. It was so hot I could not sleep. It was terrible. I will NEVER EVER fly JAL again. I would not mind if they had personal air vents, but no air vents and a broiling cabin made for the worst international flight I have ever taken.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I'm getting ready to fly JAL to NRT on Tuesday and this thread has me worried. When I sleep, I like the room to be very cool usually around 68-70F. 82F will not work. I guess I will be wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts to bed on the flight? Do FA's listen to requests to cool down the cabin?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I'm getting ready to fly JAL to NRT on Tuesday and this thread has me worried. When I sleep, I like the room to be very cool usually around 68-70F. 82F will not work. I guess I will be wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts to bed on the flight? Do FA's listen to requests to cool down the cabin?
No, they do not listen to those requests because most Japanese people like it that hot. I will tell you that the warmth ruined my flight. I did not sleep a second and I was in a T-shirt. Since there are no personal air vents I would bring a mini fan. At least you will get some relief. I'm never flying JAL again. Not having personal air vents is inexcusable.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
No, they do not listen to those requests because most Japanese people like it that hot. I will tell you that the warmth ruined my flight. I did not sleep a second and I was in a T-shirt. Since there are no personal air vents I would bring a mini fan. At least you will get some relief. I'm never flying JAL again. Not having personal air vents is inexcusable.
Most 777 don't have personal vents on any carrier that I know of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.