Search

JAL - Hot Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by R&R
Sorry, but it is very simple!
That is not the real reason the planes are kept so HOT.
Would you care to tell us what you claim to be the real reason why the JAL aircraft cabin is kept so hot?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:53 am

Not sure if it`s meant to be like this but the last two pages of responses made me laugh so much.

It`s hot in the cabin because as other mentioned before, the Japanese want it that way. I am lucky... my MD is not Japanese so the office temperature is set to 23-24 but know that if he was Japanese, that would raise to 28-29 in a heartbeat!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Would you care to tell us what you claim to be the real reason why the JAL aircraft cabin is kept so hot?
cuz they love the japanese BO and dont have enough dirty blankets to pass around? perhaps i shall try stripping off to the bare to make a point =o
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:50 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
For those who are interested, here is the follow up thread created by R&R which provides a data point for cabin temperature: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...15-2013-a.html
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:27 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Thats not what ive previously experienced. It was more towards 82 than 78
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Thumbs down

kaka,
Quote: (cuz they love the japanese BO and dont have enough dirty blankets to pass around? perhaps i shall try stripping off to the bare to make a point =o).
This is more tasteless then funny!

Did you have an accurate thermometer to estimate the 78 to 82 degree range?
My Casio wrist watch gives accurate temperature readings, which corrects for inaccurate subjective sensations of temp. You might like to get a correctly calibrated Casio digital wrist watch, that give accurate readings, day & night, on or off airlplanes!

Last edited by classy; Mar 24, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by classy
kaka,
Quote: (cuz they love the japanese BO and dont have enough dirty blankets to pass around? perhaps i shall try stripping off to the bare to make a point =o).

My Casio wrist watch gives accurate temperature readings, which corrects for inaccurate subjective sensations of temp. You might like to get a correctly calibrated Casio digital wrist watch, that give accurate readings, day & night, on or off airlplanes!
Are you R&R?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:38 pm
Suspended

kaka,

Perhaps i saw the thermostat settings?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:29 am

You have lost any & akk

Originally Posted by kaka
You have lost any & all credibility!
Go sit in the corner!

Perhaps, you did not see the settings, because thermostats do not work in ranges of 82 t0 78 degrees,, where temps are SET ! Not read!
Nor do Thermometers read in a range of 82 to 78 degres, where one reads the actual existing temperatures.

To be very specific compared to your story telling!

Last edited by classy; Mar 29, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I thought they used Centigrade in Japan and not Fahrenheit anyway? Do JAL use Fahrenheit to set the cabin temperature?

The cabin felt too hot for my liking on my latest two long haul JL flights. I wish it were cooler or I'd be a bit more inclined to fly with them, but it gives me such poor quality of sleep that it puts me off somewhat.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I thought they used Centigrade in Japan and not Fahrenheit anyway? Do JAL use Fahrenheit to set the cabin temperature?

The cabin felt too hot for my liking on my latest two long haul JL flights. I wish it were cooler or I'd be a bit more inclined to fly with them, but it gives me such poor quality of sleep that it puts me off somewhat.
Indeed.

(towards the bottom of the page where it says 天氣, though I can't get the Japanese characters, these are almost the same in Chinese...)
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by kaka
You have lost any & all credibility!
Go sit in the corner!

Perhaps, you did not see the settings, because thermostats do not work in ranges of 82 t0 78 degrees,, where temps are SET ! Not read!
Nor do Thermometers read in a range of 82 to 78 degres, where one reads the actual existing temperatures.

To be very specific compared to your story telling!
Really. The fact that other airlines would change temperature based on people's reaction makes a change in jail flights that all they do is to make a flight unmedically warm. Why is there a range? Cuz its changed after me galley-hanging after complaining and not sitting in my seat as an F pax. Never say never, just like how jl also do opups. I spoke w a guy last wkend and he told me that. Unless he had a reason to lie that is.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:36 am

Air Temperature is the same reported in Fahrenheit or Centigrade!

[QUOTE=LTN Phobia;22614722]I thought they used Centigrade in Japan and not Fahrenheit anyway? Do JAL use Fahrenheit to set the cabin temperature?

The cabin felt too hot for my liking on my latest two long haul JL flights. I wish it were cooler or I'd be a bit more inclined to fly with them, but it gives me such poor quality of sleep that it puts me off somewhat.[/QUOT

Americans understand Fahrenheit better then Centigrade temperature readings.
Though Centigrade is often used for Science purposes.

The Pilots control the Temperature settings.

Last edited by classy; Mar 31, 2014 at 12:41 am
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:24 am

JAL - Hot Cabin

Seems like there's been a lot of bickering about how hot the cabin is... but very little thoughts on how to reasonably cool down if the cabin crew is unable to reduce the temperature.

I personally didn't feel too uncomfortable the last time I flew SIN-NRT-JFK both ways. But as I'm travelling JAL again to LAX next month, all these comments are making me a little worried.

So what's the best course of action? Use wet towels regularly? Bring a portable fan? I travel in t-shirts and shorts, is it enough?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Seems like there's been a lot of bickering about how hot the cabin is... but very little thoughts on how to reasonably cool down if the cabin crew is unable to reduce the temperature.

I personally didn't feel too uncomfortable the last time I flew SIN-NRT-JFK both ways. But as I'm travelling JAL again to LAX next month, all these comments are making me a little worried.

So what's the best course of action? Use wet towels regularly? Bring a portable fan? I travel in t-shirts and shorts, is it enough?
Keep asking for drinks. Water and tea is the best way to cool down and rehydrate your body. Make sure you complain every time you ask for a drink too.

I wouldnt believe that if they cant control it. Once i was clearly sweating in the cabin n they quickily got the gist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.