Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL - Hot Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Most 777 don't have personal vents on any carrier that I know of.
In the past week I flew a 777 on AA, JL, and CX. Only JL did not have the vents.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
No, they do not listen to those requests because most Japanese people like it that hot. I will tell you that the warmth ruined my flight. I did not sleep a second and I was in a T-shirt. Since there are no personal air vents I would bring a mini fan. At least you will get some relief. I'm never flying JAL again. Not having personal air vents is inexcusable.
I HATE warm air, but I don't remember having an issue with the temp on JL (I won't fly OZ again because of the heat level, and this was on all 4 segments of my RT itinerary).

What was the response when you asked them about the temp?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by LAXative
I HATE warm air, but I don't remember having an issue with the temp on JL (I won't fly OZ again because of the heat level, and this was on all 4 segments of my RT itinerary).

What was the response when you asked them about the temp?
I was politely offered a cold drink. It was not cold enough.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:04 am

Just flew JL6 in first NRT-JFK. I was very nervous after reading this post as I don't like hot cabins at all. However, it wasn't unreasonable.

There were 4 of us. I noticed that everyone else stayed in the JL provided warm up jackets and I stayed in my t-shirt. It wasn't bad and at times was even cool. It was never what I would call overly hot and I set my home thermostat to 70-73.

I think I was just lucky!

Why would an airline choose to order their aircraft without vents?

The AA 777 in first have 4 per suite.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

I was almost utilizing my civil disobidience by galley hanging asking for drinks. They as japanese would sort sth out. As long as ur not being rude
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Well I'm currently writing this live on JL61 LAX-NRT.

Cabin temperature is fine, if not a bit on the cold side. I am a male Caucasian and cannot tolerate anything above 70F- especially for sleep. No temperature complaints here as of now.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:33 pm

Well I'm currently writing this live on JL61 LAX-NRT.

Cabin temperature is fine, if not a bit on the cold side. I am a male Caucasian and cannot tolerate anything above 70F- especially for sleep. No temperature complaints here as of now.
To be honest, that makes it worse. Because the FA told be 26 Cel was company policy. So, I'd hate to think it was just their fickle ways.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:00 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
To be honest, that makes it worse. Because the FA told be 26 Cel was company policy. So, I'd hate to think it was just their fickle ways.
In that case, I suggest you write a letter. Japanese CAs are not going to go against policy, especially if they think the majority of their passengers are fine with it, so the more people who complain, the more likely change will occur.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:35 pm
Suspended

I take it back.

The temperature was fine until after the meal. The heat got turned up, and I politely asked if they would turn it down. Like others have reported she said she would try to see what she could do, and politely offered me a "cold drink." I just awoke from my nap and if I had to guess id say it is around 74F. Not ideally comfortable.

FWIW the service and food have been top notch- aside from a little language barrier. I do like this sky suite in J too and think it's one of the best J products I have sampled.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Funny, after my last post the FA just came over and asked if the temperature was still too hot. They must be reading this thread.

I told her it was and she turned it down. It is now cooler and comfortable. Excellent service and care.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Funny, after my last post the FA just came over and asked if the temperature was still too hot. They must be reading this thread.

I told her it was and she turned it down. It is now cooler and comfortable. Excellent service and care.
It's funny that I had CA came asked me if it was too hot for me recently too, but thats after i ordered a cup of hot tea LOL I just laughed out loud and said no it is just right
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Gmp kix on 738- that was warm. Thanks to the windlets it helped a bit for the short trip. 10 hrs to fra on monday- kill me
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:09 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The cabin i am at right now is very cold. I need cardigan and duvet to keep me warm!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:52 am
Suspended

On my limited experience, if you are nice and politely request the temperature to be turned down, the FA's will oblige. As is the culture in Japan, Japanese love to do their jobs right, and make customers happy.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
I just noticed this thread and I'm a little concerned. The most recent experience suggests that a polite request from two f pax, even if on award tickets, to lower cabin temp might be accommodated. Can anyone provide advice to this ignorant gaijin on how to politely but firmly follow up if the first request is refused? If it helps, my traveling companion is OWE (aa exp)

Thank you and I promise to report back my experience from ord to not and back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.