Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using JAL points on EK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
still no data point on whether if non-US routes incur YQ?

Thinking about doing a BKK-DXB-JNB-DXB-BKK trip. Any datapoint would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman
still no data point on whether if non-US routes incur YQ?

Thinking about doing a BKK-DXB-JNB-DXB-BKK trip. Any datapoint would be greatly appreciated!
I would say it is ymmv as I was able to call the JMB desk and ask about a speculative booking on dxb-mle. I was told no YQ on this route for business class. Booked it and was charged only $31.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:59 pm
wdc

Was able to book JFK-DXB-DAR and back in F with only $92 in taxes and fees

Last edited by wdc; Oct 31, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:02 pm
wdc

any one know how long it takes for JMB to ticket EK awards? It's been 7 hours and still no ticket number... should I be worried?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by wdc
any one know how long it takes for JMB to ticket EK awards? It's been 7 hours and still no ticket number... should I be worried?

Thanks
Have you entered in the record locator on EK's website to check the status? The last one took me five hours, but it was on a Friday morning that I called in to redeem the award. This is done by purchasing, I believe, so someone actually has to purchase the award, even if it's reserved.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:06 pm

To find award space before calling JAL, one should first check AS.com first to see if EK award space is available on AS.com?.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
To find award space before calling JAL, one should first check AS.com first to see if EK award space is available on AS.com?.
Yes or expertflyer
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by extremeromance
Yes or expertflyer
Thanks, can JAL hold an F award seat on EK for a couple of days till one transfers from SPG to JAL?.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
Thanks, can JAL hold an F award seat on EK for a couple of days till one transfers from SPG to JAL?.
Not in my experience but there might be other datapoints out there
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:13 pm

What are the change date policies with EK F using JAL award? date changes allowed free or pay?.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Interesting data point: I called JAL to book 4 F seats on EK because I saw them available on the AS website. The CSR said only two seats are available and that she only ever sees a max of 2. So perhaps EK is releasing more to AS than JAL?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by batmandds
Interesting data point: I called JAL to book 4 F seats on EK because I saw them available on the AS website. The CSR said only two seats are available and that she only ever sees a max of 2. So perhaps EK is releasing more to AS than JAL?
No. AS shows phantom award space all the time. Try booking on AS.com, and it will error out. If you call AS, they will see 2 just like the JAL CSR said.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Yup you're right. I called AS and she saw 4 seats. But when we got to the final stage of booking, it errored out. What a bummer! One more thing- do they release more seats to their own Skywards members?

Last edited by batmandds; Nov 30, 2016 at 6:31 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
EK routing rules

Anybody knows if I should be able to ticket as one award a route ending in a different city than where I departed?
Example: BCN - DXB - MLE - DXB - JFK? With stopover in DXB and MLE?

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marc_vila
Anybody knows if I should be able to ticket as one award a route ending in a different city than where I departed?
Example: BCN - DXB - MLE - DXB - JFK? With stopover in DXB and MLE?

Thanks a lot!
I have ticketed YYZ-DXB-DAR-DXB in EK F using JAL miles, with stops in all, so I'm sure what you're asking is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.