Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using JAL points on EK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by xxpert
Can anyone confirm if they have booked US-UAE and what the YQ was? the Jal website says it can't exceed $81 but I don't want to transfer my SPG points without getting some confirmation
U trust us more than jl site?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by kaka
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

U trust us more than jl site?
There are rumbles going around saying that JL charges more than what is written on their site and when I call the booking agents to ask them they are telling me that I need to have the miles before they can call the booking desk to confirm the YQ. So, a personal experience from a Flyertalk member would help me to decide on whether i should transfer SPG points and find out. BTW, i do value the advice of Flyertalk members, I have received a wealth of knowledge by this amazing community.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: JL QF NZ
Originally Posted by xxpert
There are rumbles going around saying that JL charges more than what is written on their site and when I call the booking agents to ask them they are telling me that I need to have the miles before they can call the booking desk to confirm the YQ. So, a personal experience from a Flyertalk member would help me to decide on whether i should transfer SPG points and find out. BTW, i do value the advice of Flyertalk members, I have received a wealth of knowledge by this amazing community.
If you're referring to this site http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/...b_mile_ar.html, then you'll have to bear in mind that those amounts are stated as being correct as of 01 October, so will be subject to change, especially given that many of the taxes are set in non-USD currencies.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by 777Cat3b
If you're referring to this site http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/...b_mile_ar.html, then you'll have to bear in mind that those amounts are stated as being correct as of 01 October, so will be subject to change, especially given that many of the taxes are set in non-USD currencies.
Data point: Transferred SPG points to Jal and points showed up within 24 hours so i called to book EK Business Class IAD-DXB (3day stopover)-ADD(6 day stop over)-DXB for a total of 80k Miles and $6 in fees

The funny thing is that when I priced out DXB-ADD-DXB the YQ was $400 plus
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Does anyone know how JAL charges for infant in arms on an award ticket for any airline and also specifically ek?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:27 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by beofotch
Does anyone know how JAL charges for infant in arms on an award ticket for any airline and also specifically ek?
Same amount as adult.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:57 am

So how do they process the 10% infant in arms charge? Which is different than an adult
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:02 pm

So how do they process the 10% infant in arms charge? Which is different than an adult
As I said you need to use the SAME amount of miles for infant.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:05 pm

Ok, thanks for that data point. Forgive me for reconfirming since this is different than every other airline I had researched.

Originally Posted by JALPak
As I said you need to use the SAME amount of miles for infant.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ok, thanks for that data point. Forgive me for reconfirming since this is different than every other airline I had researched.
Most FFPs will charge you standard miles for infant in a seat or 10% of a paid fare for infant in a lap. This seems to be the case with JMB awards.

Of course, some FFPs are "better" when it comes to infant in a lap on an award (Avios' 10% miles and Aeroplan's $100/$150 flat come to mind).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: EK, QF, VA
Totally opposite topic, but I'm hoping someone here can help.

Does anyone know where I can find a chart listing how many EK miles I need to use to get a JAL award? Mountains of info out there about doing the opposite, but nothing in regards to this that I can find.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by evilbrian
Totally opposite topic, but I'm hoping someone here can help.

Does anyone know where I can find a chart listing how many EK miles I need to use to get a JAL award? Mountains of info out there about doing the opposite, but nothing in regards to this that I can find.
You should ask on the EK forum they are the experts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by evilbrian
First hit on Google for "Skywards award JAL":

http://www.emirates.com/english/skyw...-airlines.aspx
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:23 pm

Just booked YYZ-DXB-DAR-DXB in EK F for Aug/Sep (for my dad). 115K JL miles + US$116.70 (i.e. no YQ).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Hey guys! Couple of questions if you don't mind.

Looking to book one way JFK - DXB in F.

-Should be 100k miles per person correct?
-Where do I check award availability?
-YQ should be around 80 per person?

Thanks did the help. Appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.