Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using JAL points on EK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Westin.
Hey guys! Couple of questions if you don't mind.

Looking to book one way JFK - DXB in F.

-Should be 100k miles per person correct?
-Where do I check award availability?
-YQ should be around 80 per person?

Thanks did the help. Appreciate it!
1. Yes.
2. ExpertFlyer.
3. Seems to be no YQ on (at least) awards originating in North America.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:50 pm

Does anyone have experience of whether non-NA departures (i.e. Europe, Asia, etc) still attract YQ on EK? Or have they stopped charging YQ on EK generally?
Old May 6, 2015, 1:48 pm

Firstly, could anyone tell me which chart JAL use for EK awards Europe-DXB??
Almost every website I read, Including JAL seem to suggest that they 'distance price' on EK, so what's this all about?
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/...k/ek_mile.html

Oh, and secondly this:
Originally Posted by stargold
Does anyone have experience of whether non-NA departures (i.e. Europe, Asia, etc) still attract YQ on EK? Or have they stopped charging YQ on EK generally?
Thanks v much. ^
Old May 6, 2015, 1:58 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Firstly, could anyone tell me which chart JAL use for EK awards Europe-DXB??
Almost every website I read, Including JAL seem to suggest that they 'distance price' on EK, so what's this all about?
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/...k/ek_mile.html

Oh, and secondly this:

Thanks v much. ^
This is the latest partner award T&C
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/
Old May 7, 2015, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
This is the latest partner award T&C
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/
Thanks.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:18 am

Do you have to find flex award space or saver award space to book with jal? I.e fare class O or D??
Old May 8, 2015, 7:44 am

Saver for J.

In F it's a moot point as the same booking class is shared across Flex and Saver.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Emirates award ticket to AKL?

I'm looking for info on a one-way, first class award ticket from Dubai to New Zealand on Emirates using JMB. EK has 3 routings that I see, connecting in SYD, MEL and BNE as well as some through SIN. It seems like JAL offers one-way awards on Emirates, anyone have experience? What is the booking and availability like and total fees?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
3. Seems to be no YQ on (at least) awards originating in North America.
Just redeemed a F award for my dad DXB-DAR-DXB. Taxes were only USD73, so it seems they don't charge YQ on even EK awards originating outside North America.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:03 pm

Angry EK awards unavailable

Has anyone been able to redeem JAL miles for flights on Emirates recently? I have been wanting to change dates of travel on an award ticket I currently hold, and have been calling them every day for the past 10 days. Every day, they say that there is a problem with pulling up EK award availability and their office is working on it.

Seems ridiculous that nobody at JAL seems to care fixing a live problem which has been lingering on from 10+ days.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:19 pm

I called today to change two awards and experienced the same issue. This is likely on EK's side, as ExpertFlyer can't display EK award space either (see http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...irates-awards/).
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:41 pm

I called today to change two awards and experienced the same issue. This is likely on EK's side, as ExpertFlyer can't display EK award space either (see http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...irates-awards/).
Expertflyer fixed the issue on their side (although functionality is now reduced) - it used to show the number of seats available in inventory earlier, but now you have to query for the exact number of seats needed and it will only return a Yes/No response, depending on whether the seats are available or not.

It seems like Emirates made some change on their side, which broke JAL's and Expertflyer's queries. However, Expertflyer fixed it quickly while JAL is not as much concerned about it.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Expertflyer fixed the issue on their side (although functionality is now reduced) - it used to show the number of seats available in inventory earlier, but now you have to query for the exact number of seats needed and it will only return a Yes/No response, depending on whether the seats are available or not.

It seems like Emirates made some change on their side, which broke JAL's and Expertflyer's queries. However, Expertflyer fixed it quickly while JAL is not as much concerned about it.
But my ExpertFlyer queries for DAR-DXB in Z, for example, are not returning any data, even though Skywards.com and Qantas.com see the space.

Anyway, if you have any success with JAL, please do respond here. I will do the same.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:51 am

But my ExpertFlyer queries for DAR-DXB in Z, for example, are not returning any data, even though Skywards.com and Qantas.com see the space.
That is because the To/from location is not in North America. Only results for flights that are originating or terminating in North America are currently being returned on Expertflyer. The others are not working for now.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:12 am

I called a few minutes ago, and JAL still can't access EK award space. I have an award ticket that departs on Nov 10 which I am trying to change.

For those just joining us, it seems this has been going on since at least Oct 16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.