Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raynyan
I just learned my next reservation has been upgraded to 1 King Pacatu Suite 152 sqm. But I couldn't find a such name of room and its spec on web. Does someone experienced this room?

Definitely a new name. They never had that before. IIRC it is an area in Bali, near the Alila Soori. From the size, assuming they don't change basic layout / size of the Club suites during renovation this could be a refurbished former Bukit Suite.

When is your stay? After Jun / Jul 2018?
Raynyan likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry, double post.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by demue
Definitely a new name. They never had that before. IIRC it is an area in Bali, near the Alila Soori. From the size, assuming they don't change basic layout / size of the Club suites during renovation this could be a refurbished former Bukit Suite.

When is your stay? After Jun / Jul 2018?
My stay will be within this month. I just received the mail from hotel it mentioned Pecatu Suite is located on 4th floor and given the name to newly renovated suite.

I will be update the information after my stay. Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangrila Golden Circles Diamond
I just learned my next reservation has been upgraded to 1 King Pacatu Suite 152 sqm. But I couldn't find a such name of room and its spec on web. Does someone experienced this room?

What was your original room booking ?
I stayed in an Uluwatu suite a week ago and didn't receive any upgrade (I am a Royal Ambassador).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by tarek.h
What was your original room booking ?
I stayed in an Uluwatu suite a week ago and didn't receive any upgrade (I am a Royal Ambassador).
Will report on RA thread after the stay.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:05 am

As mentioned, size wise this renovated suite corresponds to a former Bukit Suite. As per latest IHG AMB T&Cs all suites from Uluwatu onwards plus villa are excluded from further upgrades though it is not impossible to get one, but not a right. There used to be 4 Bukit Suites all at the end of Club wing 6xxx nearest to Club Pool.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: EK Gold, HH Diamond, BV Gold, IHG Spire
IC Bali Club Renovation

Hi All,

Having read about the renovations and about to book this for my 40th birthday from 02-11th April in a Club Duplex, I emailed the hotel to get some clarification and below is their response.

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort.
Thank you for your email.
Thank you very much for your kind interesting through our resort, in regard to your worth query on 2 - 11 April 2017 we are pleased to offer our special rate under Get Together Package for our below variance of room as following detail along with the term and condition for your kind consideration :
Club Intercontinental Room USD 401 + 21% VAT/room/night
We would like to inform you that previously renovated for Club Category will be started on December 2017, however now has been postpone to October 2018. Therefore we still have Club Category available before October 2018
We provide link in each room category stated above, please kindly to click for more detail information including picture, size, features, and benefit.
Term and Condition Get Together Rate :
  • Full prepayment non refundable for entire stay is required at time of booking.
  • Inclusive breakfast for four persons (no additional charge for 3rd and 4th person).
  • Inclusive for return airport transfer.
  • Unlimited Gelato for children under 12 years old
We do hope above offer would be match with your expectation and we are looking forward to hearing your acceptance within 24 hours otherwise the availability room and its rate is subject to change without prior notice.
In order to process your confirmation, would you please kindly advice us your credit card detail by fill the payment authorization form attached and send in return by scan e-mail or fax to +62 361 701 247. Please note that we are not holding any room at this moment once we received the authorization form we will issued confirmation letter.
In addition, please kindly note that the third party's credit card is not permitted as guarantee payment, unless if the card holder also staying in our Resort on the same period.
We are looking forward to hearing a good news from you and in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.Sincerely yours,
Agus Purna (Mr.)
Reservation Department
INTERCONTINENTAL BALI RESORT
Jl. Uluwatu 45, JimbaranBali 80361Room Reservation direct call. +62 361 702 677Fax. +62 361 701 247

1. Thoughts from you guys? Has anyone else had the same response back?
2. I am PLATAMB and will be SPIREAMB soon, will be booking the Club Duplex, what will be my guaranteed upgrade?
3. Am travelling with mrs and 2 kids 6 and 9. Have read that kids not allowed in lounge during evening cocktails but you can opt to have them at the beachside bar instead?

Thank you!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:10 am

Interesting update on the Club room renovations, I never believed that they would finish on time by end June 2018. However not even to start until Oct 2018 is quite an "achievement" even in Indonesia .

Anyways, as to the query on AMB upgrade from Club Duplex. Officially it used to go from Club Duplex to Balinese suite after that and then to Uluwatu, Jimbaran and Bukit. However, after the last AMB / RA T&C changes all the higher suites above Club Duplex have been excluded from the upgrade eligibility (Bali Suite is a grey area, not mentioned, but they only had 2 and last time they were removed from inventory).

Hence, unless you negotiate an upgrade upfront you are not entitled to any further upgrade from Club Duplex as AMB (or RA). Now it doesn't mean you couldn't get one, but it would be due to luck or courtesy by IC Bali and not based on a guaranteed benefit. Alternatively you can book a Club room, save some money and get the one category upgrade to the same Club Duplex.

Btw, I think there are only King Duplex suites so better sort out where your kids will sleep unless you agreed on roll away bed already. One can maybe sleep on the sofa downstairs. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Nov 21, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:06 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Damn....$401+ tax per night for a standard club room???

no way would I pay that.

I always book the Stay Longer and Save Rate that includes breakfast, which is the best part of the club experience, IMO. And it adds only a few dollars per night over the standard rates.

I absolutely LOVE the IC Bali—we have been twice in the last year and are headed back next May for 10 days. But $401/night is insane for a regular club room.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:06 am

Thumbs up Pecatu Suite 152sqm

Now I’m in Pecatu Suite. This room is only one room in the hotel. Not converted from Bukit Suite. Layout is completely different. Everything are new. And this room is located in the Singaraja Wing, not the Club Wing. I’ll update the detail on RA thread after check out.

Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:15 am

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. The size equality to Bukit suite could be from the fact that they combined same number of "bays" (meaning standard rooms) to create the suite.

When you say it is in the former Singaraja wing, you mean the 2xxx or 4xxx part? We saw a refurbished Singaraja room as well as the new Duplex suite on my last stay which were very decent though not earth shattering .

Even though you are not in the Club Wing, as RA I assume Club access is granted regardless.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by demue
Thanks for sharing. Interesting. The size equality to Bukit suite could be from the fact that they combined same number of "bays" (meaning standard rooms) to create the suite.

When you say it is in the former Singaraja wing, you mean the 2xxx or 4xxx part? We saw a refurbished Singaraja room as well as the new Duplex suite on my last stay which were very decent though not earth shattering .

Even though you are not in the Club Wing, as RA I assume Club access is granted regardless.
Yes, this room is 2xxx part. Of course, Club Access is included in this room package.

Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:13 am

Yes, this room is 2xxx part. Of course, Club Access is included in this room package.

I think that suite itself seems not yet loaded into inventory. Admittedly I only tried for next year 2nd half, but still the usual suspects come up and not this new one. Interesting, well hope you enjoy it.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
To explain my experience two weeks ago: The room booked on points with the 80USD++ Club Upgrade had after two days some technical issue and was switched to a Uluwatu Suite for the last two days. Nice gesture.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:34 am

The Club team is very good, always has been. They usually fix issues if they are brought to their attention and you can even talk to higher management team if needed to get something sorted (within reason).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.