Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by cbellero
I am currently looking at one possible claim. Skoosh has a flexible rate with breakfast that is 60 EUR cheaper than the IC rate. However, the Skoosh rate point of now return is 3 days before arrival, whereas the IC rate can still be canceled same day.

Will this be a grounds of rejection?

Yea, why not try it, there's no harm in trying. so we can see the result
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:28 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Has anyone found a cheaper rate for the IC in Sydney, Australia, yet? Since they dropped foreign currency comparison sites from the guarantee I can't seem to find any other site with a lower rate.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by allensun
This is simply incorrect. IHG BRG will allow comparisons to Skoosh as long as:

1) The rate is immediately bookable.
2) The rate is publicly available.

This applies to 3rd party website.
I'm confused. Doesnt Skoosh charge you for the resrvation once you input your CC # click "confirm"?

My hotel was on IHG, & the rates available on IHG was Best Flex Rate only (no adv purchase rate).

I'm asking because after spending almost an hour over the phone, & getting the BRG supv to say my claim is valid (original rep said he couldnt find lower price), I asked to hold while they send me the confirmation email. Then the supv came back & said although I found a lower price, the webiste charges guests immediately upon booking, & IGH didnt, so therefore the claim is denied.

Which 3rd party site does NOT charge your CC upon booking a reservation? Both IHG & the site getaroom.com indiacted the reservation is fully refundable? Am I missing something here? OR did I get cheated out of my free night?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Foreign currency

I booked a HIE in Taiwan and then found it on Orbitz for $12 cheaper.

I called in and they would not honor the claim because the price on Orbitz was in USD. She told me the 3rd party site had to show the room in the local currency. What travel site prices in Taiwan dollars? So in other words, the BRG is rendered meaningless in countries where there are no online sites?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by chrissy1
I'm confused. Doesnt Skoosh charge you for the resrvation once you input your CC # click "confirm"?

My hotel was on IHG, & the rates available on IHG was Best Flex Rate only (no adv purchase rate).

I'm asking because after spending almost an hour over the phone, & getting the BRG supv to say my claim is valid (original rep said he couldnt find lower price), I asked to hold while they send me the confirmation email. Then the supv came back & said although I found a lower price, the webiste charges guests immediately upon booking, & IGH didnt, so therefore the claim is denied.

Which 3rd party site does NOT charge your CC upon booking a reservation? Both IHG & the site getaroom.com indiacted the reservation is fully refundable? Am I missing something here? OR did I get cheated out of my free night?
My friend had a claim denied for the same reason. The logic was a flex rate at IHG only charges you at check-out, whereas these guys charge you right away and then may refund. That means they are holding your money until your stay which IHG view as being a more restrictive rate, which means it's not comparable to the best flexible rate they have. Absolutely ridiculous, I know...

Vote with your wallet.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
I booked a HIE in Taiwan and then found it on Orbitz for $12 cheaper.

I called in and they would not honor the claim because the price on Orbitz was in USD. She told me the 3rd party site had to show the room in the local currency. What travel site prices in Taiwan dollars? So in other words, the BRG is rendered meaningless in countries where there are no online sites?
hmmm... there are Taiwanese online travel sites priced in TWD. (and most other Asian countries...) (but can you read the sites? )
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:32 am

Best Price Guarantee at IC Madrid

Here's my first success story with IHG's Best Price Guarantee at IC Madrid. I also added an overview of the different options to get the best rates at IHG hotels.

http://travel.bart.la/2011/12/21/ihg...ice-guarantee/

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by MKB
I really don't understand why you have to be so rude and cannot explain yourself in a civil manner.

All you had to say was that IHG are interpreting the expression "type of accommodation" to refer to the combination of room type plus any package elements rather than just room type. This would have been useful information because it's certainly not how I'm sure most people would interpret it, and it's not included in IHG's definitions.

You could have explained that at the outset rather than being so antagonistic.
Late to the party, but I think Montacute has been Morthancute and Morthanpatient with you.

And s/he is right, on top of it
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:28 am

Reimbursement outside of the USA

Reimbursement for people not living in the USA seems to work well. I live in Germany and stayed at an IC hotel in November, which was not able to adjust my rate. I was informed by the guys from IHG, that I will have to pay the hotel up-front and that I will receive a refund via cheque within 4-6 weeks.

I received that cheque 17 days after requesting a refund. The cheque was issued in US$, so my bank demanded money for handling it and for changing the money to Euro. After this was done, I realized, that I actually earned money for my stay at IC. The amount I received in my bank account was 25€ higher than the amount I payed originally by credit card.

Seems like IHG is adding some buffer, in case the exchange rate changes or some bank charges high fees for handling cheques.

I´m really happy with the result as I was starting to prepare for a long discussion and waiting time.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by longjourney

I received that cheque 17 days after requesting a refund. The cheque was issued in US$, so my bank demanded money for handling it and for changing the money to Euro. After this was done, I realized, that I actually earned money for my stay at IC. The amount I received in my bank account was 25€ higher than the amount I payed originally by credit card.
Last time I saw a cheque in Europe was sometime in the early 1980's. They should be able to process and wire the money to your bank account. As long as they from a bank account in the euro zone, there are no fees.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longjourney
Seems like IHG is adding some buffer, in case the exchange rate changes or some bank charges high fees for handling cheques.
Maybe...but the € dropped quite a bit against the US$ in recent weeks.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Maybe...but the € dropped quite a bit against the US$ in recent weeks.
I honestly think this is the real reason behind that additional amount.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:35 pm
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
I have been advised the BPG Center is closed for the following dates and times over the holidays so our employees can spend time with their families.

The closures are as follows:

December 24 - Closed from 7:00 pm onwards (MLA)
Closed December 25
Will resume on December 26 - 5:00 am (MLA)
December 31 - Closed from 10;00 pm to Jan 01 at 9:00 pm (MLA)
Will resume on Jan 01 - 9:00 pm (MLA)

Manila is +13 hrs. ahead of Atlanta (EST).

Kevin
IHGCare

Originally Posted by bunindoven00
Is the BRG team open this holiday... I think not! well, lets give them time to rest, anyways its holiday.

Kevin can you please answer this?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:04 pm

I completed the online form Dec 24th as there was no answer at the toll free number
but
today when I telephoned to follow up the Clerk advised no one there has ever seen it!!!
I had found a much lower rate at Travelzoo but the clerk requred me to forward all documentation as he could no longer match the offer I have a confirmation for 5 days ago there.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:36 pm

After posting here I went back to Travelzoo and they show there are still rooms available at the lower rate contrary to what the Best Rate clerk told me today!!
Possible scam alert???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.