Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
Wow - impressive. I don't have UA miles, so I'm at a huge disadvantage...I need them to release saver level for the general masses so I can book through Aeroplan, which I've only seen once. So my outbound is TN LAX-PPT and my return in on Latam via IPC to SCL, going to spend a few days SCL then home to YYZ on AC.
You have any AA Miles? You can use AA on TN - I booked PPT > LAX > JFK in business back in 2018.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
I like both the LM and Thalasso for different reasons. Having done the OWV before and the price differential, I'd pick LM over Thalasso.
Good point - LM's location is great - readily accessible to the mainland - a small convenience store is a block or two away plus lots of restaurant options if you want to leave the resort for dinner - most restaurants supply free shuttle service for you to encourage you to come dine with them. Its nice to get out of the resort for a few hours.

LM is more of a beach/casual/local tiki vibe where Thalasso has a more modern feel. For me personally, while traveling to Bora Bora I was looking for more tiki/beach vibe. I've stayed in very modern hotels in big cities and we did visit Thalasso and it is very nice, just very modern. Lastly, LM you can book directly into an OWB via points which is a big plus.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:08 am

Thalasso you book directly into OWB on points.
Moana you book into beach bungalow (which according to me are preferrable) on points.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by 336
Thalasso you book directly into OWB on points.
Moana you book into beach bungalow (which according to me are preferrable) on points.
ah yes sorry for the mix up.
However booking direct OWB via Thalasso is hard
with LM you can book the beach bungalow and pay a cash fee to upgrade. Given how hard it is to get a truly "free" OWB, the cash outlay for a few nights to upgrade if you so desire isnt too bad.

I went in 2018 but booked in 2017 so the memory is a bit foggy with those details!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:42 am

Thallaso stop being stingy and open up award nights for Nov!

Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by eggzlot
You have any AA Miles? You can use AA on TN - I booked PPT > LAX > JFK in business back in 2018.
I've done the same, back in 2015. This trip I only had enough AA for one way (LAX-PPT), so I am flying LATAM using Avios (thanks to Iberia promo primarily) to SCL.
eggzlot likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by FPmiles
Thallaso stop being stingy and open up award nights for Nov!

Which nights are you looking for? I think you're probably too late. I was able to secure my November nights a number of weeks back. If you're looking for any of the nights I have booked, I think you're going to be out of luck since my understanding is they are only releasing a single room each night on points.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:40 pm

Wondering if I'm too late to scout for mid-December nights. Anyone already book those?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by acmys
Wondering if I'm too late to scout for mid-December nights. Anyone already book those?
I think you're too late and will have to watch for cancellations. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited by tylerc; Sep 9, 2019 at 4:24 am
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:53 am

Any recent villa recommendations (no upgrade)?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:47 am

Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Ok thanks, pretty sure that's the room we had last time!

I will ask for it again.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:48 pm

I think you're too late and will have to watch for cancellations. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong though.
Got two nights in a row during my period! I think the property must have opened up availability since it seems too much of a fluke for others' cancellations, plus there were >1 room available.

Also, I had programmed a script to check availability on IHG every 10 minutes or so, and send me texts/emails per different rules (how I found my dates). Since I'm quite happy with my reservation, I'm done using my script and happy to add other FTers' emails/SMS to the script - just PM me and let me know your search date range!

As an example (currently I only checked Nov/Dec 2019):
cuthroat, rdh0924, emilydn and 1 others like this.

Last edited by acmys; Sep 17, 2019 at 7:15 pm Reason: Clear
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by acmys
Got two nights in a row during my period! I think the property must have opened up availability since it seems too much of a fluke for others' cancellations, plus there were >1 room available.

Also, I had programmed a script to check availability on IHG every 10 minutes or so, and send me texts/emails per different rules (how I found my dates). Since I'm quite happy with my reservation, I'm done using my script and happy to add other FTers' emails/SMS to the script - just PM me and let me know your search date range!

As an example (currently I only checked Nov/Dec 2019):
Congrats!
I wouldn't necessarily say it's a fluke, a lot of people seem to book this property speculatively, and then cancel when they can't make the flights work out or for other reasons. The first time I went I individually pieced together 4 nights (maybe 5, I can't recall) by picking up one or 2 night cancellations. I found an email from the hotel earlier this year, and they mentioned they actually open 2 rooms for award bookings: "To clarify, our hotel has 2 rooms (out of 84) per night to be used for 'free' night. Once those 2 rooms are booked, the Rewardnights become unavailable."

Nice work with the script!

Last edited by tylerc; Sep 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA
I'm in a OWB diamond, 131 right next to the Brando (arrrrrgh). Have to say, view is spectacular and very private.
Only annoying thing is all the boats coming and going from the resort (first world problem...)

Anyway, I'm currently on an around the world trip for our honeymoon and I've got to say.... I'm a little disappointed by the IC thalasso. Location is over the top, villa is fantastic, but the attitude of the people here is horrible. Feels like they are doing you a favor to take your order and overall attitude of the staff here is really questionable. Only people I'd save are the drivers of the buggies.
Food is also very limited and quite expensive for what it is.

Having said all of that, I'll definitely come back here as the place is really stunning! I'd do as some people up-thread suggested, touring few IC resorts in FP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.