Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pelu
I'm in a OWB diamond, 131 right next to the Brando (arrrrrgh). Have to say, view is spectacular and very private.
Only annoying thing is all the boats coming and going from the resort (first world problem...)

Anyway, I'm currently on an around the world trip for our honeymoon and I've got to say.... I'm a little disappointed by the IC thalasso. Location is over the top, villa is fantastic, but the attitude of the people here is horrible. Feels like they are doing you a favor to take your order and overall attitude of the staff here is really questionable. Only people I'd save are the drivers of the buggies.
Food is also very limited and quite expensive for what it is.

Having said all of that, I'll definitely come back here as the place is really stunning! I'd do as some people up-thread suggested, touring few IC resorts in FP.
Staying on points or paid? If on points, did you pay for the upgrade?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by tylerc
Staying on points or paid? If on points, did you pay for the upgrade?
Nope, no points. Paid the whole stay during one of the last South pacific sales in springtime.
Attitude just got worse every day so I'm now officially looking forward to the next stop (Maui)

Such a shame to have this poor customer service on such a beautiful place...
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:39 am

Nope, no points. Paid the whole stay during one of the last South pacific sales in springtime.
Attitude just got worse every day so I'm now officially looking forward to the next stop (Maui)

Such a shame to have this poor customer service on such a beautiful place...
That really is odd. I stayed there a few years back, and while the service wasn't on the same level as somewhere like Maldives, it was still good.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:27 pm

Location is over the top, villa is fantastic, but the attitude of the people here is horrible. Feels like they are doing you a favor to take your order and overall attitude of the staff here is really questionable. Only people I'd save are the drivers of the buggies. Food is also very limited and quite expensive for what it is.
We stayed a few years ago and have to agree with the OP. I just assumed it was the French influence that made them snooty

The OW pool rooms were very nice. Loved the views and daily ray feeding. We are going back to BB next year and would stay again assuming the God’s are with us and we can get a block of points nights.

Doubt I would stay as a cash stay. Poor/average service and average overpriced food would be the reason.

TD
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Anyway, I'm currently on an around the world trip for our honeymoon and I've got to say.... I'm a little disappointed by the IC thalasso. Location is over the top, villa is fantastic, but the attitude of the people here is horrible. Feels like they are doing you a favor to take your order and overall attitude of the staff here is really questionable. Only people I'd save are the drivers of the buggies.
Food is also very limited and quite expensive for what it is.
Completely agree, I have posted several reviews similar to yours. Can't be beat lagoon and Mount Otenamu views but food is weak (I would only eat at Le Corail if I returned) and service is average. If guests expect 5* service (because of the 5* pricing), then they are going to be dissapointed.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:23 pm

I had an epic trip booked , my persistence of checking multiple times a day finally paid off and I managed to piece together a long Thalasso and Le Moana trip with additional paid nights in Tahiti ,Raiatea and Moorea. Enter immigration hassles due to a botched entry stamp which was overwritten and wrongly dated and now I cannot travel out of the country until the error has been fixed .
Here are the dates.

Le moana oct 23-25
thalasso oct 25-nov 3
le Moana nov 3-6

if anyone can travel in the next few weeks and would like to take over my dream trip ,drop me a message and we can coordinate a day/time to release the dates.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:44 pm

I'm more interested in your script tbh. I tried doing something like this with python and jsnode (i think) but I don't know anything about web page programming so wasn't successful (gave up and just booked the hilton). What are you using to correctly query the IHG website if you don't mind me asking?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Finished my 4th stay in 8 years at this property. Still relatively consistent to my last stay, the most recent two (2) showing minor service reductions in certain areas. Still a great value on points and has certain pros and cons to the St. Regis. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Finished my 4th stay in 8 years at this property. Still relatively consistent to my last stay, the most recent two (2) showing minor service reductions in certain areas. Still a great value on points and has certain pros and cons to the St. Regis. Let me know if you have any questions.
Which of the two do you prefer?

I've stayed at Thalasso, and am heading back in a few weeks. Also visiting STR on the same trip, which I have not been to.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Can you briefly elaborate on pros/cons, esp since your trip was recent? Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I just compiled it really quick, will edit if I recall other things. I think we enjoy both resorts and would have no qualms about picking one vs. the other on pts. If we were paying, we would probably go to the 4S vs. STR and Thalasso. I think on future trips on points, we would split our time. Thalasso first, then STR.

Thalasso Pros (vs. STR):
  • Guaranteed overwater bungalow (on pts).
  • Lower cats bungalows have shallower lagoon depth, can jump in and walk on the bottom. This is important to me and some others.
  • Bungalows themselves are more private. The STR superiors are pretty close to each other, and the way they are lined up...not much real privacy. The STR deluxe and above are spaced slightly farther apart, so can't speak to those. If you want shallower water at STR, you need rooms closer to the beach, which are the higher cat rooms IIRC.
  • Smaller bathroom than STR, but more modern and window with view to lagoon is amazing. I love baths in tubs when on vacation. Maintained better than STR...the STR bathroom is just really old, as well maintained as it is.
  • General feel is more modern - helps that they started replacing roofs and also decks of some bungalows...also re-finished the outside of the bungalows.
  • The pool is great with views of Otemanu, well maintained and modern luxury resort feel for the most part. STR pool has some issues that lucky previously pointed out in a previous blog review. Pool is inset into the ground and views from the pool are non-existent. Needs some TLC too. Benefit of STR pool is the pool bar.
  • Amazing massage and experience at Deep Ocean Spa. I think they expanded the spa at some point...we did not use the last 3 times. You have to pay $50 or have a massage to get access to the massage facilities the rest of the day...but the footprint and amenities provided are worth it - tea room, relaxation room with doors facing the ocean side, cold plunge pool next to two steam rooms, a cold jacuzzi and 4 cabana areas with private pools, rainforest showers. Sometimes smart if not getting late check out to get a massage or pay for day use at the spa on day of check out. STR has free facilities (steam room, sauna, hot jacuzzi), but is FREE. Very small footprint - we left after 30 minutes.
  • Wine corkage - $35 if you bring your own. I had them open up two bottles in my 3 nights there. STR is more $$$$, but balanced by the fact that they had a much better selection to purchase.
STR Pros (vs. Thalasso):
  • Service - night and day difference. All aspects - housekeeping (Thalasso had people come to turn down prior to our dinner reservations...??? multiple times). STR butler made sure that housekeeping went in at convenient times for us.
  • Grounds - wider pathways, larger footprint, bicycles provided to drive around. Separate adult pool, larger lagoon area for snorkeling with layout area at the spa, larger gym, more space to spread out in general.
  • Breakfast buffet is an order or so improvement over Thalasso. Service, fresh squeezed fruit juice, better asian selection, order eggs and most important to me...tuna sashimi every day (Thalasso had this 8 and 6 years ago, but has since disappeared)
  • Food in general - better. They had Far Niente (Italian), Bamboo (Asian) and Jean George's (French). Service was TOP NOTCH, food was pretty good at both Far Niente and Jean Georges. Wine selections were much better and they helped me pick something I would like. Thalasso...we ate at Le Corail, but quality was meh IMO. Cocktails and drinks also better, especially when drinking it at the Jean George's bar watching the sunset.
  • Paid shuttle to main island, although St. Regis offers only one to/from option that is free. Thalasso has more frequencies.
  • Welcome amenities at Thlasso have varied. Our 3rd stay 2 years ago, we had champagne and snacks provided every once in awhile. This time, nothing outside the standard fruit plate. STR provided a bottle of Billecart-Salmon, a small package of 2 bottles of Tahitian rum and a cake for our anniversary.
  • I've never felt comfortable in the Thalasso living room...sofa doubles up as a bed, but was never comfortable...too narrow and hard. STR has a very deep sofa and rugs placed in strategic locations to make it feel more "cozy."
  • Thalasso beach is eroding badly. We looked at pictures from 8 years ago versus now. Pretty rocky...and they put in rocks along the shoreline and one of the small sandbars near the beach to avoid further erosion. STR beach is better, with more beach toys to use - the pool boy took is out on the Hobie and taught us to sail (no fee). Also has water bike, special type of Tahitian canoe in addition to the normal selection at Thalasso.
  • Not sure how i felt about having a butler. Great to schedule dinner for us and set up excursions and also set up some of the special amenities we had. Was a nice service. The coffee service is bleh...
  • Boats - the transfers are done in more comfortable, larger boats. Really smooth...soft seats, etc..
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:52 am

how many months in advance will points bookings be open?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by daruda
how many months in advance will points bookings be open?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
I have a few questions now that the free transfer between Thalasso and Le Moana is no longer available.

1) Is it now possible to pay for one way shuttles instead of requiring a round trip? Will be arriving to Thalasso from the airport but heading to the Conrad afterwards so may not need the RT transfer to the Le Moana or the airport.

2) Are tour agencies not directly booked with the Thalasso allowed to pick up at the Thalasso? It seems that the only free transfer to/from Le Moana are those in conjuction with activities booked directly through the Thalasso.

3) If tour agencies are allowed to pick up directly at Thalasso, can I request them to drop off at the Conrad at the end of the activity? If so, do I just leave my luggage on the boat?

4) Any recommendations for non-private activities/agencies? I saw a few mentioned earlier in the thread but that was a while back.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ALGU
I have a few questions now that the free transfer between Thalasso and Le Moana is no longer available.

1) Is it now possible to pay for one way shuttles instead of requiring a round trip? Will be arriving to Thalasso from the airport but heading to the Conrad afterwards so may not need the RT transfer to the Le Moana or the airport.

2) Are tour agencies not directly booked with the Thalasso allowed to pick up at the Thalasso? It seems that the only free transfer to/from Le Moana are those in conjuction with activities booked directly through the Thalasso.

3) If tour agencies are allowed to pick up directly at Thalasso, can I request them to drop off at the Conrad at the end of the activity? If so, do I just leave my luggage on the boat?

4) Any recommendations for non-private activities/agencies? I saw a few mentioned earlier in the thread but that was a while back.
1: In April of this year, we did a one way transfer. From the Moana and then to the airport. Both have a fee.

2: As of last year, this was a yes. We booked directly with La Plage for a private boat tour.

3: La Plage was willing to do this for us. Yes, we would have taken our luggage with us on the boat.

4: We have used La Plage 3 times for private boat tours and love it. We booked the jet ski tour that is from the Thalasso directly with the tour group and saved a ton of money. ATV tour was nice. Diving with the on site dive team is good too. Helicopter tour is also great but pricey.

Hope me this helps. You can also email the hotel directly to ask. I just hope you can get someone to respond as they don’t respond to emails well.
ALGU likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.