Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by jigri2003
With all these boat price increases, I'm looking to minimize the costs but also the hassle factor of the BOB-Vaitape-LeMoana-IC dance with bags in the heat and maybe rain of early Jan.
If anyone is interested in sharing a transfer for up to 5 seats (I take other 2) from BOB airport to IC Thalasso around-------------------, PM me. I have a quote of 19,000 16,000 XPF for up to 4 people. We come out quite a bit ahead vs hotel transfer of around 7200 7334 XPF one way per person if 4 pax, 4750 4000 XPF each. Any more and the price is even lower. With the longer way through Vaitape and Le Moana, we are still getting charged 2000 xpf for taxi and then 3390 XPF per person for the IC shuttle. For no more than a couple of bucks more per person or maybe quite a bit less, we can all get started on our hard earned exotic vacation without the hassle!
Quick bump in case someone wants in on this in the next day or two. I got a lower quote from another company.

Last edited by jigri2003; Jan 6, 2020 at 8:03 am Reason: Privacy
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:59 am

How does anyone find reward availability here??
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by Taxiback
How does anyone find reward availability here??
I’ve been monitoring this hotel for about two years now in preparation for my wife and I’d honeymoon in May.

About a year ago, there was limited, but still some, availability at the 120 day out mark. Now, I haven’t seen an open date in months. Very odd. Doesn’t matter if you look one day at a time or various dates. The availability calendar never works.

We decided to just use an ambassador BOGO night and two nights through chase points to defray the costs. Le Moana still has decent availability, but not like it used to either.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:47 pm

I’m planning to stay at the Bora Boara Intercontintal Thalasso in a couple of months. Does anyone have any experience using an IHG cert at Thalasso or other IHG location under a different person’s name where you were added as an additional guest on the reservation?

If yes, what did you say at checkout and did you experience any issues?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by collin_mcclellan1
I’m planning to stay at the Bora Boara Intercontintal Thalasso in a couple of months. Does anyone have any experience using an IHG cert at Thalasso or other IHG location under a different person’s name where you were added as an additional guest on the reservation?

If yes, what did you say at checkout and did you experience any issues?
i have used friends and parent certificates/ points nights. Never an issue. I do email ahead of time let them know though. I would email them so they are aware and to merge the reservations.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Does anyone know if I book a room under my account using my miles for a me and my husband, and if he has the ambassador subscription, would the benefits of that program extend to our stay? (he being the guest in my booking).

We would be booking IC Thalasso on his account and Moorea on my account. Im wondering if one Ambassador subscription is enough?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by linaseta
Does anyone know if I book a room under my account using my miles for a me and my husband, and if he has the ambassador subscription, would the benefits of that program extend to our stay? (he being the guest in my booking).

We would be booking IC Thalasso on his account and Moorea on my account. Im wondering if one Ambassador subscription is enough?
Some things are extended and some are not. In example, the welcome fruit is normally included. An example of when it’s not included, I was told that the last nights reservation needs to be the person who has ambassador if you want the 4pm checkout.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:38 pm

I remember some talk on one of the Bora Bora threads a few months back with tips on purchasing Air Tahiti (not Air Tahiti NUI) tickets at "local" rates. I can't seem to find the thread. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
TD
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I remember some talk on one of the Bora Bora threads a few months back with tips on purchasing Air Tahiti (not Air Tahiti NUI) tickets at "local" rates. I can't seem to find the thread. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
TD
It works when you are in FP. Baggage allowance is much less though.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
It works when you are in FP. Baggage allowance is much less though.
Anyone have a VPN service with an FP Server?

TD
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:40 am

PSA: No dates are available at any of the four IC properties in French Polynesia through the end of May. I have nine nights booked - one at Tahiti, four at Le Moana and four here - and the hotels have not yet canceled any of those.

These dates became unavailable on IHG (both website and app, FWIW) shortly after the travel ban to French Polynesia for non-residents was announced. I contacted the IC French Polynesia Instagram account asking about this, curious if they know if the hotels are all planning to close. I was told to contact reservations and given the corresponding email address. I've reached out to reservations but have not yet heard back.

I have seven of the nine nights for our honeymoon booked on points (two that aren't are splurging for a the Brando Suite on a free weekend night cert), and our flights to and from Tahiti are both business saver award flights... We're assuming we won't be able to take the trip (leaving in mid-May), but are keeping our fingers crossed. It's taken a lot of time waiting for availability for flights and hotels, so I'll be disappointed if it's all for naught (though recognize this is very much a minor first-world problem compared to COVID-19).

Regardless, this thread - and site - has been a godsend over the past 6 to 9 months; a true wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all for your advice, insight and feedback. If we're able to take it, it'll be the trip of a lifetime!
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:47 pm

The resort announced it will be closed through June 30, 2020, in light of COVID-19.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924
The resort announced it will be closed through June 30, 2020, in light of COVID-19.
Thanks, do you have a link? I have a trip for July 4th planned. Would like to monitor for any updates.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:36 pm

Thanks, do you have a link? I have a trip for July 4th planned. Would like to monitor for any updates.
It's not yet on their website, but it was announced on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/InterContin...rtThalassoSpa/.

I would expect that their COVID-19 page on their website, https://thalasso.intercontinental.com/information, will be updated in the coming days.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;

I have a friend with a pension in the Tuamotus.. she also lives part time in Papeete... She believes that French Polynesia will not permit any foreigners until the outbreak is controlled worldwide and especially from the USA. I believe that the visit I was going to make in October is jeopardized for that reason...and that's 6 months away....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.