Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:55 am

Glad that they charged you. Those speculative bookings are pointless, and take away the chances of someone who could use these nights.

Cancelling a reservation takes less than one minute of time. There are no excuses.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Lanalovestravel

So IHG customer service said I will get my points back, but hotel will charge me $291. This is the option I went with.

Hotel front office manager Heimona Peters refused to wave the charge. I spoke to him myself couple times and the customer service talked to him multiple times. When speaking directly to him, he told me they would hold my points and not charge me anything. However, he could not process the rewards cancellation because it is on points. Customer service said they don’t have that option. They can only cancel, refund points and it’s up to the hotel to charge me or not. Heimona Peters was very unpleasant to talk to, I kept getting transferred to him although I didn’t want to talk to him, he eventually hang up on me. GM was not available apparently and he promised to talk to him but I don’t think he will. I might try to call GM tomorrow, but it’s been very stressful dealing with them, almost thinking maybe it’s not worth it wasting so much time on this. Being a new mom, taking care of a baby, and having to deal with the hotel manager like this is pretty stressful. I always dreamt of staying in this place in the future, but after this experience, not sure anymore. Maybe if they replace the managers. I thought they would be more understanding of my situation. And please if you are thinking to comment on my post and tell me how it’s my fault and I can’t expect the hotel to wave the charges, don’t, let’s not spread the negativity I’m just sharing my experience and my thoughts. I’ve had enough stress dealing with this cancellation.
Shame on you for naming and slandering employees of IHG publicly. We stayed at Thalasso recently and Heimana Peters was incredible, top-notch service and professionalism - it is employees like him that make this resort a great place to stay. This was clearly your fault so go cry a river somewhere else.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by 336
Glad that they charged you. Those speculative bookings are pointless, and take away the chances of someone who could use these nights.

Cancelling a reservation takes less than one minute of time. There are no excuses.
Charging less than $300 is a joke. That will encourage more people to keep their reservations til the very end and prevent others from using them.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Charging less than $300 is a joke. That will encourage more people to keep their reservations til the very end and prevent others from using them.
Anyway,you can purchase IHG points @0.5 cents per point when they run the sales promotions several times every year.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Gabrielang
Anyway,you can purchase IHG points @0.5 cents per point when they run the sales promotions several times every year.
It's interesting. As you say, you can buy 20k points for around $100 when on special, that's $350 for 70000 points. Assuming IHG takes a cut of this amount, it seems quite realistic that the hotel gets around $291 from IHG for a points booking. So they only charge what they actually lose, and not the official cost of 1 night according to the cancellation policy:
"Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on x/y/2019, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card."

I think that is very nice of the hotel. They are certainly within their rights to charge 1 night BAR instead.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by DUflyer
It's interesting. As you say, you can buy 20k points for around $100 when on special, that's $350 for 70000 points. Assuming IHG takes a cut of this amount, it seems quite realistic that the hotel gets around $291 from IHG for a points booking. So they only charge what they actually lose, and not the official cost of 1 night according to the cancellation policy:
"Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on x/y/2019, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card."

I think that is very nice of the hotel. They are certainly within their rights to charge 1 night BAR instead.
IHG pays out hotels for redemptions. Depending on a couple factors but mainly occupancy (this time of year the hotel will always be 90+%), I would assume that the hotel would receive a full average room rate. That's what confuses me about this hotel... They should release more award space as they will still be paid out the full room rate.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:37 pm

This hotel seems to have some special terms with IHG:
-only 1 reward room per day
-available only 4 months out
-no working reward calendar

Maybe in return for this, they only receive $291 per night. Strange that the hotel wants it that way if otherwise they would get full compensation.
Either IHG is not willing to pay full compensation, or the hotel doesn't want too many of us smelly reward guests and wants to stay exclusive. The Moana has at least 2 reward rooms per day I believe, but the other 2 restrictions are the same.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:47 pm

By the way, all other point redeemable hotels in Bora Bora (Conrad, Meridien, St. Regis) have more than one reward room available per day and don't make such a big fuss about booking free nights.
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:09 am

Update so to not confuse anyone. I don’t know where IHG customer service got the $291 amount for cancellation, but that was the amount multiple reps stated when I asked them about the penalty amount. There was so much misleading information on all ends.

When cancellation got processed, I was charged over $1,000 for the night so basically the full price. Many calls later, Christophe the assistant general manager was willing to work with us and agreed to reinstate the reservation in points, take the points, and refund us money. I surely appreciated that, but would appreciate it more if they would let us keep the points since missing the deadline was not intentional and I couldn’t cancel it on time since I didn’t even remember booking this reservation. First couple months postpartum were a blur. No matter how hard you try to play by the rules, things happen, life happens. There are always exceptions to the rules, and it goes a long way when the hotel works with you on one-off situations like these. Just makes your a more loyal customer. My husband used to work as a hotel manager at a luxury resort and was always willing to work with customers and wave cancellation charges for one-off situations like these. It’s not all about making profit all the time.

So at the end we are losing points, but getting our money back, which of course is much better than losing $1,000. The interesting thing is that the cancelled night never went back into rewards inventory after it was cancelled.

IHG customer service was pretty bad, multiple transfers back and forth, hang ups, incorrect information, etc. Nobody could explain why they said I would be charged $291. But yet every time they would thank me for being a loyal and elite member. We had to deal with them because they had to initiate the reinstatement.

This situation reminded me another situation when two years ago someone accessed my spouse’s account and made a points reservation. Even though it was a fraudulent reservation, it was extremely difficult to deal with IHG customer service to get the points back. So was this experience. We will just use our remaining points and night certificates and end our relationship with IHG.

Now just looking forward to our stay in Bora Bora with St Regis!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:40 am

Things happen, life happens.

But simply take responsibility of your own actions.

We are taking about a one minute action to cancel, which can be done at any time, day and night.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by 336
Things happen, life happens.

But simply take responsibility of your own actions.

We are taking about a one minute action to cancel, which can be done at any time, day and night.
One issue is that the reminder email from the Thalasso (Details for your upcoming stay...) is only sent around 3 days before the reservation, that is after the cancellation deadline.
Other hotels send you a reminder before the deadline. I think sending it so late is not ok.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Shame on you for naming and slandering employees of IHG publicly. We stayed at Thalasso recently and Heimana Peters was incredible, top-notch service and professionalism - it is employees like him that make this resort a great place to stay. This was clearly your fault so go cry a river somewhere else.
We stayed many times at the Thalasso and I totally agreed with what you wrote about Heimana.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:40 pm

No private Transfers

Is it just me or there are virtually no private transfer companies on Bora Bora?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:48 am

There are some, but they also know that you have bags full of money, and not many options.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Lanalovestravel

So IHG customer service said I will get my points back, but hotel will charge me $291. This is the option I went with.

Hotel front office manager Heimona Peters refused to wave the charge. I spoke to him myself couple times and the customer service talked to him multiple times. When speaking directly to him, he told me they would hold my points and not charge me anything. However, he could not process the rewards cancellation because it is on points. Customer service said they don’t have that option. They can only cancel, refund points and it’s up to the hotel to charge me or not. Heimona Peters was very unpleasant to talk to, I kept getting transferred to him although I didn’t want to talk to him, he eventually hang up on me. GM was not available apparently and he promised to talk to him but I don’t think he will. I might try to call GM tomorrow, but it’s been very stressful dealing with them, almost thinking maybe it’s not worth it wasting so much time on this. Being a new mom, taking care of a baby, and having to deal with the hotel manager like this is pretty stressful. I always dreamt of staying in this place in the future, but after this experience, not sure anymore. Maybe if they replace the managers. I thought they would be more understanding of my situation. And please if you are thinking to comment on my post and tell me how it’s my fault and I can’t expect the hotel to wave the charges, don’t, let’s not spread the negativity I’m just sharing my experience and my thoughts. I’ve had enough stress dealing with this cancellation.
You seem to mis-perceive things.

Being a new mom doesn't change the rules for anything. We all have life responsibilities - we have had 3 kids.

You need to understand that by you booking this with points when you did not have firm travel plans, you prevented someone else from booking with points that could have used that night. Speculative booking is horrible! Don't do it unless you intend to travel.

Why is it the resort's responsibility to refund your points etc for a speculative booking that you forgot to cancel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.