Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:18 am

Sea View Room?

Any idea why they "added" this room type? We were just there, and these are not new rooms. Just looks like the hotel added a category. They look to be Emerald rooms rebranded.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Nice!

I appreciate it you can put your write up here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...polynesia.html

I started the thread to have hotel comparisons in a single thread. Thanks!
Getting the write-up done this weekend and will post. Been swamped with work since returning from the trip but it was worth it

By the way, I have been getting a lot of PMs about booking strategy so before I finish my trip report, I am going to give some public advice here on how I secured nights. That is coming in about 10 minutes.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:23 pm

Booking Night Strategy

Removed the tips about how I booked my trip after some feedback from members. I would leave it to the community to vote / decide whether it is fair to post any "secrets" publicly. I do think it is unfair for anyone currently working on a legitimate trip so I removed it for now (as this will likely make it more difficult for them). Also there seem to be a lot of people that make speculative bookings with little intention of using those dates.
sexten likes this.

Last edited by flighton; Aug 27, 2017 at 6:59 pm Reason: Democracy
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:04 am

waste

Last edited by vitaminJ; Aug 27, 2017 at 6:24 am Reason: cooled off
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by delder
Any idea why they "added" this room type? We were just there, and these are not new rooms. Just looks like the hotel added a category. They look to be Emerald rooms rebranded.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Most likely a run of house or flex room type. Hotels use that room category to provide more flexibility to the property in case a room type is sold out for one night, but available the other nights so they can still sell a room for all the days of the stay rather than showing 'sold out'.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:39 pm

Releasing 7/15, 7/19, and 7/21
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:17 pm

If anyone will be releasing 03/18 and/or 03/19/2018, kindly asking to PM me.
Possible swap with Conrad Bora Bora.
Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flighton
Removed the tips about how I booked my trip after some feedback from members. I would leave it to the community to vote / decide whether it is fair to post any "secrets" publicly. I do think it is unfair for anyone currently working on a legitimate trip so I removed it for now (as this will likely make it more difficult for them). Also there seem to be a lot of people that make speculative bookings with little intention of using those dates.
Obviously members (including myself) who know, don't want it to be released and they have their own valid reasons. Similarly, those members who do not know want it to be released and again, have many valid points on their end.

If this became public knowledge however, I bet you, myself and many others who have previously been able to book using points, will no longer be able to be book ever again given the very limited availability released anyway.

There is no trick to bookings, we booked almost two years ago for our October 2016 visit and have booked again for March 2018. However, after visiting the Conrad Maldives earlier this month, we are very very tempted to cancel our trip to Bora Bora and return to the Maldives instead.

Onto food though, can someone confirm our opinion that the food was pretty ordinary at the Thalasso and in FP generally? We ate at all the restaurants and found them to be weak, with the exception of Le Corail. If we do stick to our bookings, we already have told us we will be having dinners only at Le Corail each night. And we will elect the 50% breakfast if available because that is the only good value item in Bora Bora
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Obviously members (including myself) who know, don't want it to be released and they have their own valid reasons. Similarly, those members who do not know want it to be released and again, have many valid points on their end.

If this became public knowledge however, I bet you, myself and many others who have previously been able to book using points, will no longer be able to be book ever again given the very limited availability released anyway.

There is no trick to bookings, we booked almost two years ago for our October 2016 visit and have booked again for March 2018. However, after visiting the Conrad Maldives earlier this month, we are very very tempted to cancel our trip to Bora Bora and return to the Maldives instead.

Onto food though, can someone confirm our opinion that the food was pretty ordinary at the Thalasso and in FP generally? We ate at all the restaurants and found them to be weak, with the exception of Le Corail. If we do stick to our bookings, we already have told us we will be having dinners only at Le Corail each night. And we will elect the 50% breakfast if available because that is the only good value item in Bora Bora
Valid points from both sides. I kinda figured that post will be taken down too, though the OP has good intentions. But there are really way too many people who sour the experience by taking up nights they dont intend to use / to barter later. I guess that's how things are in public domain.

I actually thought the food in FP is good. French + Asian cuisine combo ^
I didnt restaurant hop a lot in BB, but when in Moorea, I did quite a bit, and all the places I went to have fantastic food. Take all my moneh!

My next destination is CRM
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by gnomey

My next destination is CRM
We all need to go back to work, even after a good vacation.
Customer Relationship Management has probably its good sides.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:12 pm

Having been to Conrad Maldives, are you saying BB is inferior? Ill be at this hotel in Feb for the first time. What about restaurants near or around Le Moana, those arent priced accordingly?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:57 pm

So only you and the members "who know" get to book and plan trips in advance and screw everybody else? The amount of hypocrisy here is quite astonishing. I've been trying to book more than one night consecutively with no luck and have had people try to sell me "rooms" they had no intention of using, others demanding ransoms, and others flat out telling me to F off when asking for advice.

Hypocrisy at its finest here.

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by anliag1bowl
So only you and the members "who know" get to book and plan trips in advance and screw everybody else? The amount of hypocrisy here is quite astonishing. I've been trying to book more than one night consecutively with no luck and have had people try to sell me "rooms" they had no intention of using, others demanding ransoms, and others flat out telling me to F off when asking for advice.

Hypocrisy at its finest here.
Dont hate the player(s), hate the game....
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:07 pm

This game will be over once I publish a how-to guide on my blog and other forums. Karma is a ......

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Dont hate the player(s), hate the game....
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by anliag1bowl
This game will be over once I publish a how-to guide on my blog and other forums. Karma is a ......
I got pretty upset myself when trying to book my nights. I thought about doing something similar but I don't see how this would help anyone? It would just make the problems worse in my opinion. You'd have anyone with a chase anniversary night booking up all the rooms in desired locations just to cancel them 2 weeks before the travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.