Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
No uncapped nights are issued for either card.

TD
I still have an uncapped night expiring 12/31 (wifey as well).
Got lucky. I used my last uncapped night at Kimpton Seafire beginning of March 2020 (came back just before USA closed everything). It was supposed to expire in April 2020. Even though I used my last uncapped, it appears that because I used it so closed to the covid closures that I must have made some cutoff date. Both my wife and I were given a new uncapped free night and they have been extending them ever since. Hoping they will extend again the expiration beyond this yr as we have no plans to go anywhere special to make use of this last uncapped free nt.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I still have an uncapped night expiring 12/31 (wifey as well).
Got lucky. I used my last uncapped night at Kimpton Seafire beginning of March 2020 (came back just before USA closed everything). It was supposed to expire in April 2020. Even though I used my last uncapped, it appears that because I used it so closed to the covid closures that I must have made some cutoff date. Both my wife and I were given a new uncapped free night and they have been extending them ever since. Hoping they will extend again the expiration beyond this yr as we have no plans to go anywhere special to make use of this last uncapped free nt.
How do you know they are un-capped. I have both cards and 5 nights available. I checked the Terms and Conditions link and it mentions 40K room limit. But perhaps one or more of mine are un-capped due to extensions.

Thanks
TD

Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
How do you know they are un-capped. I have both cards and 5 nights available. I checked the Terms and Conditions link and it mentions 40K room limit. But perhaps one or more of mine are un-capped due to extensions.

Thanks
TD

I believe the one on left is uncapped since it is not the “select” version. The way I could tell was by trying to book a property for more than 40k points. If it’s an uncapped certificate, it will let you know that the certificate will work.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond

No 40k pts limit in language. Also, i have tested it (fake bookings) and can book max category hotels
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:52 am

Any update on prices for breakfast?
50% discount if taken for whole stay still applicable?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by daruda
Any update on prices for breakfast?
50% discount if taken for whole stay still applicable?
I was offered the 50% discount last month. I believe breakfast was around 5500 xpf without the discount.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:28 pm

September 9 & 10

Hi, if anyone needs September 9 & 10, we just put them back.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:58 pm

canceling our trip due to lockdown

If anyone needs September 13, 15, 16, 17, and 18, we're putting all the free nights back now. We hope to go another time.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:33 am

Our stay during the lockdown

We just got back, we stayed two nights (we were resort hopping) during the lockdown and it didn't impact us as this was our 3rd time in Bora Bora.

I booked the emerald overwater bungalow by points and I contacted the hotel on the rate to upgrade to a 2 bedroom Teremoana Suite and was quoted 150,000 xpf + taxes and fees per night upon checkin if available. For guaranteed upgrade, the rate was 279,507 xpf. Of course, I tried my luck at checkin.

The service at the reception was terrible, the staff are not professional. First, most resorts in Bora Bora bring you the paperwork to fill out instead of standing in line at the counter. We were not offered any seat while waiting in line for our turn to checkin. They have plenty of tables and chairs next to the reception area. 6 of us were traveling together, booked 2 rooms, and arranged the boat transfer via the hotel so they know 6 of us are coming. But they only have 5 leis so one of our friends didn't get one. There was no apology nor any acknowledgement!

I booked with points, platinum status, and they upgraded me to a Sapphire overwater automatically. I asked for the 2 bedroom Teremoana Suite upgrade rate. They called the manager and quoted me 200,000 xpf. I showed them my email and they honored the rate of 150,000 xpf + taxes and fees. They charged 10,000 xpf extra for the 4th adult as my reservation was for 3 people (they really nickle and dime). We did the upgrade so after taxes and fees it was around 185,000 xpf per night split among 4 of us which is a great deal. We were offered 50% off breakfast which we took. They have to prepare our room and was promised by 3 PM.

Second, after the paperwork, they brought us to the back for a photo of the mountain backdrop which we got the photos as souvenir at checkout. This was nice of them. After the photo, the lady was gone and we waited for another guy to come and said our room is not ready yet and if we like to have a day room. We declined and said we plan to have lunch and wait. Then that guy disappeared and left us there. They didn't even offer a hotel tour. It was our 2nd time visiting so at least we know where to go but for our 4 friends, they felt lost. There was no phyiscal map nor any guide except that they said they'll email to us.

We had to ask for a buggy to drop us off at the lunch restaurant and found out it wasn't open till noon. Don't you think the staff would have told us that? We waited outside the restaurant for 15 minutes, a staff came by and said the restaurant opens at noon but didn't offer us to sit at a table to wait instead. Very bad first impression!

Other than the reception staff, the restaurant staff were professional and the relationship manager, Axel, saved the day. The 2 bedroom Teremoana Suite was awesome! Axel took good care of us, she fulfilled every requests we made. The food was so-so. If the reception staff were as good as the restaurant staff and without the lockdown that we will be able to go out to town for more dining options, Thalasso would be our best stay! We stayed at Le Bora Bora, Four Seasons, St
Regis, Thalasso, and Conrad on this trip so we basically visited all the hotels except for the Sofitel Private Island.

Like I said the lockdown didn't impact us as much as we didn't plan on any outside tours. Everything in the resort was open and they added more activities for guests to do. We did flower crown making and traditional canoe around the lagoon, both were great and free! All the staff wear masks and restaurants have outdoor seatings so we felt pretty safe and enjoyed our time.

Last edited by MissVacation; Sep 9, 2021 at 11:58 am
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How often do they release last minute award?

I'm planning to stay there in mid-October, I've been looking over their pattern of releasing last minute award rooms for a while already. It seems like they usually do it almost two weeks in advance but the practice recently stopped. There are still a number of standard rooms each day over the next few weeks, and both Conrad and St Regis have plenty of award availabilities, so I can't imagine they foresee there will be a lot of last minute bookings. Does anyone have any insights here?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:48 am

It looks like the reward night cost here increased to 120,000 points per night.
IIRC the rate at this property had already increased to 100,000 points per night not too long ago this year, and now it is pricing at an even higher rate.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by agjil
It looks like the reward night cost here increased to 120,000 points per night.
IIRC the rate at this property had already increased to 100,000 points per night not too long ago this year, and now it is pricing at an even higher rate.

...... they JUST increased it to 120k.... it was 100k 2 days ago. And March is low season... who knows what it is going to be during high season. Something not worth it anymore as value plunges to 0.5 cents.
UASPG likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by linaseta
...... they JUST increased it to 120k.... it was 100k 2 days ago. And March is low season... who knows what it is going to be during high season. Something not worth it anymore as value plunges to 0.5 cents.
Have stayed there. Nice place. Not worth 120K. Much better uses for hard earned points.

TD
UASPG likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Agreed…@120k, not really worth the points. Booked it when the max nightly rate was 40k pts, then 60k, then 70k. Now, STR BOB is better…but with Marriott going to possible pt redemptions based on $$ rates, Costco packages might be the way to go.
UASPG and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by MissVacation
Other than the reception staff, the restaurant staff were professional and the relationship manager, Axel, saved the day. The 2 bedroom Teremoana Suite was awesome! Axel took good care of us, she fulfilled every requests we made. The food was so-so. If the reception staff were as good as the restaurant staff and without the lockdown that we will be able to go out to town for more dining options, Thalasso would be our best stay! We stayed at Le Bora Bora, Four Seasons, St
Regis, Thalasso, and Conrad on this trip so we basically visited all the hotels except for the Sofitel Private Island.
Hello, I'm planning a trip to Conrad and Thalasso. How did you transfer between the hotels? Do I have to take the hotel boat to airport then hotel boat from airport to new hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.