Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Beckles
(3,000 - 500)/500 = 500% more points, not 600%. I would also add a "smart caveman" would only redeem enough points to get a partner credit and save the rest of the AS miles for other promos like this (like the ones US and DL have run in recent years where Points.com transfers counted as credits).

BETTER PCR Shopping Purchase

I like to give credit when I can for ideas and posts others came up with first, this idea came from this thread on the NWA board, though it's not clear who came up with this first, but I know it works from personal experience.

If you go to Gaiam and search for "charity" the option to donate $1.00 to plant a tree comes up. There may be slightly cheaper options from B&N for Ebooks or some other options, but in this case at least the money isn't going to waste (unless you actually listen to that Ebook you purchase).
You can also use Gaiam for the US promotion, I wish I had known about them before I did the restaurant.com as it is a worthier cause. I may do a donation via PCR just as a back up.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by dracs
In some posts back Beckles mentioned about GAIAM .I couldn't figure where it is ?? is it some separate activity from the above?
Search Gifts by Price, $25 or less. Or just go here:
http://www.gaiam.com/product/gift-gu...Sellers&page=1
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: US,PC
@BOb

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bob12403
Search Gifts by Price, $25 or less. Or just go here:
http://www.gaiam.com/product/gift-gu...Sellers&page=1
Thanks. Great tip. With this I have now completed my four activities for the promo!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Gaiam posted for me in a couple of days.

Mike
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Gaiam would be very nice indeed, but they do not accept payment from outside of US
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:56 pm

Sorry for bothering but can somebody explain more ,how I can donate using GAIAM.I don't see in priority club shopping?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dracs
Sorry for bothering but can somebody explain more ,how I can donate using GAIAM.I don't see in priority club shopping?
Yes, go to the Priority Club shopping page, follow the link, and then select Gaiam. From there search by price for items under $25, and you should see the $1 tree donation.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:17 pm

@Lucky

Thank you very much ,probably I was blind all this while,I could never see that under merchant but now I see.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Gaiam would be very nice indeed, but they do not accept payment from outside of US
In my case, I used a US mailing address and tried to pay via Paypal, but was rejected for not being US-based. However, my (Spanish) AmEx was accepted.

It must have worked, because on the PC Rewards Shopping web now this transaction appears as a pending award of 6 PC points... with an order date of 10/27/2009.

My previous restaurant.com is dated 10/09/2009. I guess that these must be the dates when the points will post.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Avon has plenty of lip balms available for 99 cents or less. If you know an Avon rep you can get a free shipping code. I am not, but if you don't know anyone, I can refer you to my sister in law. PM me.

You access the Avon website through her link, place your order with the free shipping code, but do not check out. Just leave the item in your shopping cart.

You then access the Avon website again through the PCR Shopping link and complete the purchase.
Just a quick note for those who have contacted me for a free shipping code from Avon, please have the item delivered to your address as opposed to the Avon rep. My sister in law has received a few orders that were set up to ship to her. I don't know how much commission she makes on a $1 purchase, but I doubt that it's enough to cover the postage to forward the item to you. Muchas gracias!

I have completed my 4 partner activities:

• Points.com - transferred some orphan US Air miles ($0, posted)
  • PC dining ($1.45, posted)
  • PCR Shopping - Avon ($1.49, tracking)
  • Hertz (paid by my employer, not posted yet)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:51 am

How do you know if the Restaurant.com or Avon orders are tracking? I placed a restaurant.com order on 8/26 and Avon order about a week ago. When I look at the search under customer service on PC Shopping, it doesn't find either one. Where are you guys seeing transactions "tracking"? I'm not new to PC by any means, but have never used PC shopping.

And one note-- I do know that only one of these will count.

TIA!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by dsteinke
How do you know if the Restaurant.com or Avon orders are tracking? I placed a restaurant.com order on 8/26 and Avon order about a week ago. When I look at the search under customer service on PC Shopping, it doesn't find either one. Where are you guys seeing transactions "tracking"? I'm not new to PC by any means, but have never used PC shopping.

And one note-- I do know that only one of these will count.

TIA!
It seems that Restaurants.com has hit or miss posting, while Avon posts after a few days. It took Gaiam a few days to post for me, so I'd give it some time.

Mike
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
It seems that Restaurants.com has hit or miss posting, while Avon posts after a few days. It took Gaiam a few days to post for me, so I'd give it some time.
I don't think it's hit or miss. It can take 30 days for a purchase from any merchant to show up as "pending," then another 30 to actually get the points. The fact that some merchants post quickly doesn't mean the others won't.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I don't think it's hit or miss. It can take 30 days for a purchase from any merchant to show up as "pending," then another 30 to actually get the points. The fact that some merchants post quickly doesn't mean the others won't.
Fully agree that shopping portals can take a long time to track/post/payout. Unfortunately, many restaurant.com purchases have failed to track since 8/26 although there are reports of successful tracking for orders placed on 8/25 and before. It's possible the missing purchases may never track due to use of coupons/discount codes or some other violation, if the vendor feels the need to deny such payouts. It's a risky proposition to rely on a non-tracking restaurant.com purchase as a partner activity since it takes 45 days to post and the deadline for partner activities is 10/31.

From the qualifying purchases section of PCR Shopping T&C, "Not use coupons or discount codes posted on other web sites in an attempt to gain additional discounts at participating merchants"

Gaiam and Avon have been more reliable than restaurant.com from a tracking angle. Big thanks to Beckles for the tip on $1 donation through Gaiam. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.