Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by stinkycop
I have never used PC dining and not a member. A. Do I need to sign up? And B do I need to dine? And if I do will that be my fourth?
Yes, you need to sign up and dine -- here is the link to all of the various Rewards Network programs: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...y-program.html

After you've registered (which is free), one single transaction (no minimum), will yield 8 PC points/dollar, and be your 4th qualifying partner transaction as well. Check out the "idine/rewards network" forum under Other Loyalty Programs for further information. Points post to your PC account about 2 weeks after dining.

P. S. You can be a member of more than one partner dining plan at a time, in case you were interested in United (or Hilton) as well.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
For those that signed up for Alaska Air frequent flyer program:

I signed up the other day and this afternoon I received an invite to e-rewards from Alaska Air. I am already signed up with them so I forwarded it to my brother. He signed up with the link.

The travel reward choices are Alaska Air miles, Hilton HHonors, and Priority Club.

The email is titled By Invitation Only.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:55 pm

Does this work???

Just wanting to make sure that these would be 4 unique transactions to qualify for this promotion.

1. Alaska Air to points.com to PC

2. Restaurant.com certificate

3. Magazine from Magazines.com

4. Purchase from Snapfish.com

I am pretty sure that #1-2 will work but will #3-4 be a seperate unique transaction?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stillontheroad
2. Restaurant.com certificate

3. Magazine from Magazines.com

4. Purchase from Snapfish.com

I am pretty sure that #1-2 will work but will #3-4 be a seperate unique transaction?
No. (actually 2-4 are COMBINED one unique partner--all use Priority Club Rewards Shopping)
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:35 pm

Thanks

Thanks for the quick answer
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by dkayford
The Account Activity Tracker has been changed to show all activity for the past 180 days.
Originally Posted by Raffles
... which is 367 days less than you need given the revised rules!!
try this:
secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/tpaccount?secure=true&transaction=1100
runs the clock back 1100 days .. 3 years.

Yes you can tweak that 1100 figure.
secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/tpaccount?secure=true&transaction=560

{edit} I'm not seeing the 18-month language referenced in post 201. (.../multipartner.html)
Did they clean up their act ?

Last edited by squawk7500; Sep 5, 2009 at 9:20 am
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:41 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by squawk7500

{edit} I'm not seeing the 18-month language referenced in post 201. (.../multipartner.html)
Did they clean up their act ?

The 18 month rule appears to have been removed!!! Yay!!^ It definitely was there on the PC promotions page 2 days ago but I too can no longer see it...
Old Sep 5, 2009, 7:59 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I wonder if this thread has influenced PC !
In any case, it was unfair, as most people would not read the T&Cs so carefully. They would just tend to keep using their same familiar/ favorite partners.

I have earned from 2 new partners (points.com & DC) & I wonder if MCR counts as #3. I can use Amex in any case & with the 18-month rule gone, I can also use Idine & e-rewards.

Last edited by Brendan; Sep 9, 2009 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
I wonder if this thread has influenced PC !
In any case, it was unfair, as most people would not read the T&Cs so carefully. They would just tend to keep using their same familiar/ favorite partners.
It could have been simply carelessness on the part of PCR. I could imagine that maybe that restriction was included in an initial draft but it got removed either due to PCR technology not able to handle it or a marketing decision, but the draft is what got posted online. Who knows. PCR is consistent in their sloppiness and inconsistencies.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:39 pm
kpc

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Go here:
https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com/p...omer%20Service

Select "I'd like to search for an order" under "How can we help you?"

Select the Merchant.

Click submit.

Enter info (first name, last name, PCR number)

Click submit
How long does it take for a purchase from restaurant.com to be tracked on the PC shopping link above? My purchase from 2 days ago is still not visible
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by kpc
the 18 month rule appears to have been removed!!! Yay!!^ it definitely was there on the pc promotions page 2 days ago but i too can no longer see it...
The 18 month rule has been removed from the promotion!!!!

Yep. Was illogical anyway. I will now go get a fourth activity, although the three I have will now get me Plat status, once the bonus posts. Otherwise, I was going to have to CC spend my way there. Yeah, baby!
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Yep. Was illogical anyway. I will now go get a fourth activity, although the three I have will now get me Plat status, once the bonus posts.
The bonus may not post until January (10-12 weeks after promo end date of October 31). I'm actually hoping for a January posting as a headstart to 2010 Plat requal.

We have no control over the posting date of the bonus points, but I just want to make sure you realize you may or may not get them in 2009.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:27 pm

The bonus may not post until January (10-12 weeks after promo end date of October 31). I'm actually hoping for a January posting as a headstart to 2010 Plat requal.

We have no control over the posting date of the bonus points, but I just want to make sure you realize you may or may not get them in 2009.
I agree that the bonus points don't post until 10-12 weeks after the promotion ends on October 31.

But if you qualify as a Gold/Plat in 2009, you get the status for the remainder of the year, as well as all of 2010.

I haven't factored in the Platinum status for 2009 travel, so not a problem.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:45 pm
kpc

The bonus may not post until January (10-12 weeks after promo end date of October 31).... We have no control over the posting date of the bonus points, but I just want to make sure you realize you may or may not get them in 2009.
Hmmm...I need them to post in 2009 to requalify for platinum. 12 weeks after Oct 31 brings us to the week around Xmas...so it should post in 2009 but, I guess, YMMV. Might need a contingency plan to make sure I creep over the Plat requalification mark@:-)
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpc
Hmmm...I need them to post in 2009 to requalify for platinum. 12 weeks after Oct 31 brings us to the week around Xmas...so it should post in 2009 but, I guess, YMMV.
Check that calendar--10 weeks is January 9; 12 weeks is January 23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.