Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:07 pm

Another option is to buy gift cards. For example, REI and KMart (probably Sears?) seem to allow you to earn PC points on gift card purchases.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dsteinke
How do you know if the Restaurant.com or Avon orders are tracking? I placed a restaurant.com order on 8/26 and Avon order about a week ago. When I look at the search under customer service on PC Shopping, it doesn't find either one. Where are you guys seeing transactions "tracking"? I'm not new to PC by any means, but have never used PC shopping.

And one note-- I do know that only one of these will count.

TIA!
My Avon order took almost 2 weeks to show up. Happy said it took 4-5 days for his/her Avon order. Use the link that was provided earlier.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I bought a Restaurant.com cert with a discount code thru PCR Shopping on 8/25 and it still hasn't posted, not even in pending status. For the US Airways promo, I signed up for "Thanks Again" on 9/13. They even had a promo of 500 US Air miles for the first purchase. I bought a few certs with a 90% off discount code from Restaurant.com and on 9/15 the points plus the 500 bonus miles had already posted to my DM account.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:17 am

My restaurant.com purchase that has not yet posted was also from 8/25. I'll let you know if/when it posts.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I gave up on restaurant.com. Zazzle is tracking on my husbands account, Dr Foster (pet supplies which I actually use) on my account still tracking but not posted. Officemax hasnt posted yet either.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by jbelinc
I bought a Restaurant.com cert with a discount code thru PCR Shopping on 8/25 and it still hasn't posted, not even in pending status. For the US Airways promo, I signed up for "Thanks Again" on 9/13. They even had a promo of 500 US Air miles for the first purchase. I bought a few certs with a 90% off discount code from Restaurant.com and on 9/15 the points plus the 500 bonus miles had already posted to my DM account.
I did this on 1 Sep and nothing from Thanks Again has posted.

Is it necessary to use the specific credit card?

Restaurant.com amd Thanks Again sure are a PITA to deal with, I am only bothering on US as Thanks Again is a stand alone hit. Gaiam or Zazzle are far better for PCR. My restarant.com order from 26 Aug (PCR) hasnt tracked either.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Oh ye of little faith.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, Hyatt Gold Passport Plat, Priority Club Plat, Best Western Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Exclamation Heads up! Restaurant.com order post dated

I've never had any trouble redeeming previous Restaurant.com certificates, so went ahead and placed an order to take advantage of this promo. I see it tracking in PC Shopping but the order date is waaaaay in the future. It's the first one I've ever placed thru PC Shopping so it can't be confused with any others. I placed the order on September 9, 2009 paying with PayPal, and received email confirmation from Restaurant.com on September 10, 2009 but the order date reflected in PC Shopping tracking is October 15, 2009!

Order Lookup Result

Restaurant.com
PC Acct #
SisterEarth

Posting Status: Pending Award
Dollar Amount: $0.80
Priority Club Points: 10
Order Date: 10/15/2009

Beware of orders placed too close the expiration of the promo, they may not qualify if the order date appears as if it was placed after the promo ends.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SisterEarth
Beware of orders placed too close the expiration of the promo, they may not qualify if the order date appears as if it was placed after the promo ends.
Then it's almost too late, as a purchase from yesterday appears as 30 October and the promotion ends end of October
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:06 pm

I had sent an email to PCR back on 8/30 about MCR being a valid partner. I finally got an email back today telling me that it IS a valid partner. Here is the email I was sent:
I just redeemed some MCR and deposited the priority club points. It increased my point total but does not appear as an activity in my statement. Is this normal? And if so, I'm a little surprised PC told you it's a valid partner for the purpose of this promotion.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
I did this on 1 Sep and nothing from Thanks Again has posted.

Is it necessary to use the specific credit card?

Restaurant.com amd Thanks Again sure are a PITA to deal with, I am only bothering on US as Thanks Again is a stand alone hit. Gaiam or Zazzle are far better for PCR. My restarant.com order from 26 Aug (PCR) hasnt tracked either.
Yes, you have to use the same card you signed up with in order to get credit for the transaction for the US Air promotion.

Last edited by jbelinc; Sep 16, 2009 at 4:59 pm
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:11 pm

Yes, you have to use the same card you signed up with in order to get credit for the transaction.
Not exactly.

For dry cleaning and other things you need to use the same card.

For the shopping portal you don't. I've used their shopping portal several times and always get the miles.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:58 pm

ok ive read through this post and im baffled help! is it worth the hassle to get these points? or is it so simply im not following it at all.

im from the uk and want to know what is the easiest and cheapest way to get these points. do i need to be logged into my ihg account and then what??

any step by step instructions would be great!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:01 pm

I edited my previous post.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:11 pm

Since I've only used "Thanks Again" once. I am not an expert on their program, but I got this from their site FAQs

Eligibility

Reward Program Members who pay for their purchase at a Participating Rewarding Merchant with any registered credit or debit card are typically eligible to receive a baseline reward (e.g. either points or miles per dollar spent, or else a percentage of the transaction amount). If you are paying with a registered debit or check card, be sure it displays a Visa or MasterCard logo and use it as a credit card at checkout. Registered cards must be used at participating merchants as credit card transactions, not PIN or ATM based transactions, to qualify for rewards. If you have a name or address change, it is your responsibility to notify Thanks Again so that we can continue to post your rewards
Which credit cards can I use to get rewards from a Participating Rewarding Merchant?

You can use any of the credit cards that are accepted by the Participating Rewarding Merchant; provided the credit card is not also registered in another loyalty or rewards program that Thanks Again administers or participates in. If you are paying with a registered debit or check card, be sure it displays a Visa or MasterCard logo and use it as a credit card at checkout. Registered cards must be used at participating merchants as credit card transactions, not PIN or ATM based transactions, to qualify for rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.