Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:02 pm

Haven't some people reported that they have already shown up (at the same time as their purchase/transfer) ??

I vaguely remember reading that on one of the posts ?

Thanks
Daniel
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by djblamire
I transferred some miles from US Airways to PC via the points.com website.

I thought this would count as meeting the requirement for bonus points. The transferred points showed up a few days ago, but no bonus points.

Have I misunderstood this ??? - I did register using 3558 about a week prior to doing this.

Thanks
Daniel
Your swapping USAir miles (10 USAir miles for 1 PC point; you only need to get 1 PC point per partner activity) is a qualifying partner activity for the promotion, and you will receive bonus PC points for doing so. The bonus points in the promo don't post until after the promotion has ended. You've read the promo T&C, so don't worry, be happy.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Per the terms and conditions, the bonus points will post 10-12 weeks after the promotion ends (October 31), so expect to receive the bonus points right around the new year.
The bonus points are expected to be posted before 01/01/10 (not the beginning of a new decade).
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by djblamire
Haven't some people reported that they have already shown up (at the same time as their purchase/transfer) ??

I vaguely remember reading that on one of the posts ?

Thanks
Daniel
No.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:40 pm

How long does it usually take for the restaurant.com to post?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Yup! That works!

I encourage those who do not want to buy points to consider the separate link for the Officemax option: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...officemax.html

All of us need to buy ink and some other supplies from time to time and getting over the $50 threshold is not too onerous if you don't want to exercise some of the other options mentioned earlier.
fwiw, i did this, and my points haven't posted--and won't, according to pc. they say since i didn't click through from their priorityclub/shopping portal, and since they have no record of my doing that, they won't be able to credit the points. i don't know if i made a mistake somewhere while shopping (like opening another window and then trying to go back) or what, but it's a bit annoying.

anyone have any experience with something like this? is it worth trying to take it up with office max or should i just move on and go with the gaiam donation option?

as a side note, my restaurant.com points haven't posted either, but at least pc has a record of my having clicked through to that site on the 25th of august and is 'investigating the matter.'
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by spacelucky
How long does it usually take for the restaurant.com to post?
If you use "Search this Thread" with restaurant.com as the search term, you will find this has already been discussed in a number of posts on this thread. @:-)
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:54 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by karenkay
fwiw, i did this, and my points haven't posted--and won't, according to pc. they say since i didn't click through from their priorityclub/shopping portal, and since they have no record of my doing that, they won't be able to credit the points. i don't know if i made a mistake somewhere while shopping (like opening another window and then trying to go back) or what, but it's a bit annoying.

anyone have any experience with something like this? is it worth trying to take it up with office max or should i just move on and go with the gaiam donation option?
Hope you took a screenshot of (or print out) the order confirmation page since there is no indicator in the confirmation mail if you followed the link and/or Priority Club Number were registered appropriately.

There is "Priority Club Member ID: xxxxxxxxx" on the top and how many "Priority Club Points (actually it says "Miles") Earned" on that page.

Did you see these when you ordered? It might be difficult to claim if you have no proof...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Tclin
Hope you took a screenshot of (or print out) the order confirmation page since there is no indicator in the confirmation mail if you followed the link and/or Priority Club Number were registered appropriately.

There is "Priority Club Member ID: xxxxxxxxx" on the top and how many "Priority Club Points (actually it says "Miles") Earned" on that page.

Did you see these when you ordered? It might be difficult to claim if you have no proof...
ah. poop. nope, i just have the order confirmation email. i'll consider that a lesson learned, and thanks for the tip for future orders! ^
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by karenkay
ah. poop. nope, i just have the order confirmation email. i'll consider that a lesson learned, and thanks for the tip for future orders! ^
If you go to the Office Max web site and track your order (zip code & order number) it shows Priority Club at the top and your PC number, assuming you did click through the link. My order was about 3 weeks ago and nothing has posted yet, but with the proof at the top of the page I'm not worried.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by youngbru
I created an AS account and got my free 500 pts. I added it to my points.com account but when I try to transfer the points to PC, I get a message saying "Your balance does not meet this reward program's minimum Swap restriction."
The new limit for swaps into PC seems to be 4.000 AS miles at least that is what points.com does show once i try to use my 3.000 welcome miles. Another proof that "being late to the game" is fretful...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Brendan
From points.com Swap page:
"Redemptions are restricted to AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, or Executive Platinum, or those members with a minimum balance of 25,000 AAdvantage program miles."
So because AsiaTraveler has >25K &or is Elite, s/he can transfer 2 miles out !
Ah, sorry, I thought the OP was saying that you could only transfer 25k AA miles at a time. But, yes, I have >25k, and that's why it worked.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
PhoneHog.com swap on points.com

I didn't have any programs in points.com that were legal to transfer to PC but "I think" I have found one that will work.

I registered for phonehog.com and clicked through a couple of advertising links that seem to have put 10 points in my phonehog account. I initiated a swap of 5 phonehog points to 8 PC points and points.com accepted that as a valid trade! It is still pending as phonehog.com has not yet validated my account to points.com. Hopefully that will go through and I will get this partner activity credit!

Thought this one would be good. No money, minimal time investment (maybe 15 min), no credit card, minimal personal information.

Last edited by youngbru; Sep 20, 2009 at 2:31 pm
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
So for reasons I won't go into here, I did not start working on this promotion until this weekend (9/18) when I registered. Here is what I have done/will do to get my 4 partner credits.

1) PC Visa - I only use this for ICG stays but I will have some in my next billing cycle.
2) Points.com transfer - See previous post about creating phonehog.com account. Transfer still pending but hopefully phonehog will validate my account to points.com this week.
3) PC Rewards Shopping - Bought a restaurant.com cert ($1.80) and planted a tree at GAIAM ($2) this weekend.
4) Registered for PC Rewards Dining and will eat at one of their restaurants this week.
5) Will credit next week's (10/2) Hertz rental to PC.
6) Requested a quote from Sentry Insurance.
7) If not enough things have posted by 10/30, I will buy 1000 pts from PC directly.

I am concerned about the time and reliability of these activities posting which is why I have "over-shot" the 4 activities required. As far as I can tell, the only things I can really count on for sure to have posted by 10/31 are the PC Visa poitns and purchasing points. What do people think about my chances for getting 4 activites to post in the next 6 weeks?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by youngbru
So for reasons I won't go into here, I did not start working on this promotion until this weekend (9/18) when I registered. Here is what I have done/will do to get my 4 partner credits.

1) PC Visa - I only use this for ICG stays but I will have some in my next billing cycle.
2) Points.com transfer - See previous post about creating phonehog.com account. Transfer still pending but hopefully phonehog will validate my account to points.com this week.
3) PC Rewards Shopping - Bought a restaurant.com cert ($1.80) and planted a tree at GAIAM ($2) this weekend.
4) Registered for PC Rewards Dining and will eat at one of their restaurants this week.
5) Will credit next week's (10/2) Hertz rental to PC.
6) Requested a quote from Sentry Insurance.
7) If not enough things have posted by 10/30, I will buy 1000 pts from PC directly.

I am concerned about the time and reliability of these activities posting which is why I have "over-shot" the 4 activities required. As far as I can tell, the only things I can really count on for sure to have posted by 10/31 are the PC Visa poitns and purchasing points. What do people think about my chances for getting 4 activites to post in the next 6 weeks?
The dining points should post to PC Dining within a week or less, and to PC itself within a couple weeks after that, I think (based on experience with other Rewards Network programs such as AA Dining, as well as on answers already posted in this thread).

The points.com will probably post within a week or so (barring any unforeseen glitches).

This thread is getting pretty repetitious though! (Same questions and answers over and over and over....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.