Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by yuchung5
See post#400.
But a number of us have received emails saying MCR is eligible.

Mike
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
My PCR Mall purchase from Dr Fosters and Smith (pet supplies) had a tracking date of 6 Oct in the customer service option and sure enough, it posted sometime within the last 24 hours. So my account is now assured of 4 partners:

1. Points.com transfer
2. Purchase points
3. E-Rewards
4. PCR Mall

My husband's account

1. Points.com transfer
2. Purchase points
3. PCR Mall Zazzle (they ship overseas) tracking for 17 Oct
4. Office Max direct link, purchased 24 Aug but didn't post. I am emailing their customer service (not the PCR one, Office Max directly).
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeef
but a number of us have received emails saying mcr is eligible.

Mike
caveat emptor
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Check carefully if using multiple accounts

Awesome link ! Thanks !

I had ordered Resteraunt.com certs on 3 accounts (self, wife, son) and have discovered that the points for all 3 are pending on my account. It seems that the cookies trump the member # that you actually enter.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
But a number of us have received emails saying MCR is eligible.

Mike
Mike,

I just received a definitive form e-mail from Priority Club Rewards listing the rules of the promotion and eligible activities, then stating:

"On the other hand, the following are not considered a unique partner activity: Points redeemed from MyCokeRewards...."

My guess is that after considering the issue, PCR has reached the official position that MCR is not part of the promotion, which is reasonable since it was not listed as an eligible partner in the first place. It is regrettable that some PCR people put out information to the contrary. I'm certainly not counting on Coke as a partner.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
I got a similar response from PCR regarding MCR. In addition, they also states:

"This offer is exclusive to original recipients only and registration must be done online through the link on the e-mail."

Well, it wouldn't hurt to pile up four cheap activities and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by wsflyer
Mike,

I just received a definitive form e-mail from Priority Club Rewards listing the rules of the promotion and eligible activities, then stating:

"On the other hand, the following are not considered a unique partner activity: Points redeemed from MyCokeRewards...."

My guess is that after considering the issue, PCR has reached the official position that MCR is not part of the promotion, which is reasonable since it was not listed as an eligible partner in the first place. It is regrettable that some PCR people put out information to the contrary. I'm certainly not counting on Coke as a partner.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, Skymiles, AlaskaAir, Starwood, Marriott
Global Traveler

If MCR do not count I need one more partner. I don't need to send flowers but I will if I have to....has anyone subscribed to Global Traveler and if so do you think it's worth $35 plus 3500 points??
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by bjksgk
If MCR do not count I need one more partner. I don't need to send flowers but I will if I have to....has anyone subscribed to Global Traveler and if so do you think it's worth $35 plus 3500 points??
Most of us are all done here maxing out the 10K bonus points. Hello. I've never heard of Global Traveler, never looked into it, but good luck getting points. I speak for all of us chickens in saying that no one has an answer to your question of $35 being worth 3,500 PC points. You decide, what the value is, with what works for your particular situation.

Never hurts to go for another fall-back activity, just in case, depending upon the cost of doing so, of course.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:53 pm

I came very late to this promotion, and am confused about one issue: in similar promotions for frequent flyer miles, the order date from the shopping mall is the date your order is shipped, even though the miles may not post until much later. But for this promotion, it doesn't matter when your order, as the "order date" is the date Priority Club shopping post the points. So even though the promo isn't over until Oct 31, my order from Nordstrom on Oct 2 which has an order date of Nov 17 won't count anyway?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mareh
I came very late to this promotion, and am confused about one issue: in similar promotions for frequent flyer miles, the order date from the shopping mall is the date your order is shipped, even though the miles may not post until much later. But for this promotion, it doesn't matter when your order, as the "order date" is the date Priority Club shopping post the points. So even though the promo isn't over until Oct 31, my order from Nordstrom on Oct 2 which has an order date of Nov 17 won't count anyway?
I agree with you Mareh as I find it very strange, as well. I did the promotion early so my PC shopping points are to post on 10/9.

I would contact PC and ask them this very question highlighting the fact that you purchased withitn the time frame but you see that your points are to post outside of that and to ask them what's up with that?

Let us know their answer. At least unlike other programs, they do appear to rapidly answer e-mail inquiries.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Good customer service from Office Max! I emailed them about my husband's missing points and they credited them manually! So just one more to go-the Zazzle which is already tracking for 17 Oct.

Mareh, the PCR purchases I made for my account and my husband's were done around 26 Aug when the promo was first announced. My Dr Foster and Smith one posted to my account with the date on the tracking 7 Oct. No mention was made of the actual purchase date, they use the date it is keyed into the system.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
caveat emptor
That's why I save my emails.

Doesn't matter too much, anyway. It's the only thing I use my MCR points for.

Mike
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:40 am

Thanks for the information. I probably wasted time and a (very) small amount of money making purchases for my husband and me last Saturday, but I've emailed customer service to ask about it. I made two purchases each just in case it would help, but they're all tracking for Nov 17.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mareh
Thanks for the information. I probably wasted time and a (very) small amount of money making purchases for my husband and me last Saturday, but I've emailed customer service to ask about it. I made two purchases each just in case it would help, but they're all tracking for Nov 17.
I hopefully should know in the next few days whether my Restaurant.com PC mall purchase is listed as having a transaction date of either when my purchase was made some months ago, or whether it is listed with a current post date.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
How r they gonna diff points.com swap and purchase points?

both r posted as points.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.