Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Let's get it straight:

If the restaurant is KNOWN to Restaurant.com being a No Good Offer, Restaurant.com should take it OFF the list, regardless the contract status if your guess is the case - because no matter what, the customers are being DECEIVED to order the cert of said restaurant - whether it is replaced by Restaurant.com credit, is irrelevant because the Cert ordered is KNOWN by Restaurant.com that could not be used - why not take that bad name off?
Restaurant.com has been very prompt handling the list of participants in my area. I suspect the place you went to just told you BS or perhaps attempted to tell restaurant.com of "canceling" participation even though the contract was still current.
AFAIK restaurant.com sign a deal with a particular business for a certain timeframe and unless the place goes out of business they are required to honor it. But obviously chasing individual restaurants that decide to unilaterally "withdraw" is a PITA.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:18 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
A smart caveman would have signed up with a fabricated Canadian address to get the 2,500 mile bonus, which would have got him 600% more PC points!

Remember also you only need to transfer 3 Alaska miles to get 1 PC point, so you can send the rest to another programme if you want.
(3,000 - 500)/500 = 500% more points, not 600%. I would also add a "smart caveman" would only redeem enough points to get a partner credit and save the rest of the AS miles for other promos like this (like the ones US and DL have run in recent years where Points.com transfers counted as credits).

BETTER PCR Shopping Purchase

I like to give credit when I can for ideas and posts others came up with first, this idea came from this thread on the NWA board, though it's not clear who came up with this first, but I know it works from personal experience.

If you go to Gaiam and search for "charity" the option to donate $1.00 to plant a tree comes up. There may be slightly cheaper options from B&N for Ebooks or some other options, but in this case at least the money isn't going to waste (unless you actually listen to that Ebook you purchase).
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by azepine00
Restaurant.com has been very prompt handling the list of participants in my area. I suspect the place you went to just told you BS or perhaps attempted to tell restaurant.com of "canceling" participation even though the contract was still current.
AFAIK restaurant.com sign a deal with a particular business for a certain timeframe and unless the place goes out of business they are required to honor it. But obviously chasing individual restaurants that decide to unilaterally "withdraw" is a PITA.
Yeah, and it's generally no different from say the Entertainment books. Occasionally I've run into restauraunts that claim they have withdrawn from Entertainment, yet their coupons keep appearing year after year.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Beckles
BETTER PCR Shopping Purchase

I like to give credit when I can for ideas and posts others came up with first, this idea came from this thread on the NWA board, though it's not clear who came up with this first, but I know it works from personal experience.

If you go to Gaiam and search for "charity" the option to donate $1.00 to plant a tree comes up. There may be slightly cheaper options from B&N for Ebooks or some other options, but in this case at least the money isn't going to waste (unless you actually listen to that Ebook you purchase).
Great suggestion!
Mike
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
My Coke Rewards is a valid partner

I had sent an email to PCR back on 8/30 about MCR being a valid partner. I finally got an email back today telling me that it IS a valid partner. Here is the email I was sent:

We appreciate your taking the time to contact Priority Club® Rewards. Please accept our apologies for the delay in response as we are experiencing high email volume.

We would like to inform that redemption of My Coke Rewards points is considered as a unique partner activity wherein you can earn bonus points. Please be inform that bonus points will be posted beginning 25 Dec 2009.

We hope this clarifies your inquiry. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Attached is the link to our service centers' phone numbers page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/contactus
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank U, Jbelinc! I too wondered about it but had no time to ask PC. I would have guessed NO because the MCR points post as "Priority Club Bonus Voucher"--no indication of from where nor whom.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:15 am

I guess everyone is redeeming MCR points now, the PCR 2000 point reward is gone from the site.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental
Regarding Restaurant.Com . . . Just Call

Hi All,

I've used restaurant.com several times over the past year or two with no real red flags.

If you have any issues with the restaurant you chose, just call the customer service desk and they'll let you switch to a different restaurant or some comparable solution.

They are pretty good about that.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by jbelinc
I had sent an email to PCR back on 8/30 about MCR being a valid partner. I finally got an email back today telling me that it IS a valid partner. Here is the email I was sent:
Thank you very much. Just got a 500 to add one activity. I am loosing hope that my restaurants.com order will show up, so I needed to find more. Right now I have

1. points.com
2. MCR
3. PC Visa (I think this one counts)
4. Restaurants.com (not sure this will show after several weeks of waiting)

Looks like an itunes purchase and an Amex transfer should round out my list with plenty of padding.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: US,PC
Am I on right track?

1)MCR points
2)join points.com
3)walmart $1.01 purchase on PC shopping(mp3 download purchase)
4)PCR dining rewards
5) Buy points??

In some posts back Beckles mentioned about GAIAM .I couldn't figure where it is ?? is it some separate activity from the above?

Are these all valid for getting 10000 bonus points? and is there any cheaper way for getting 5th option???

Sorry don't have any amex,PC card

Thank you for any insights.

Last edited by dracs; Sep 12, 2009 at 2:18 pm Reason: details
Old Sep 12, 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by dracs
Are these all valid for getting 10000 bonus points? and is there any cheaper way for getting 5th option???
you only need four options to max out the promo.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by nfg05
you only need four options to max out the promo.
Sorry about the confusion.Just a quick question?

I enrolled my friend in alaska mileage program who already had an account with points.com with a Canadian address.She is not seeing swap option for alaska miles in point.com page though we see the alaska miles in points.com account.Is it because it takes a couple of business days or is it because she is enrolled with canadian address?

Can she change the address back to her US address now since she is enrolled or will it cause to lose all the bonus 2500 miles from her account?

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:30 pm

I now have all 4 partners posted so now the wait til Dec 25 for the bonus points.
1. PC 1000 point purchase for $13.50
2. MCR 500 point redemption
3. PC Rewards Dining at a local pizza parlor for $7.13 on a double points day.
4. Points.com 20 S&H Greenpoints for 2 PCR points.
Since I was impatient because it took forever to swap, it was pending for 2 weeks:
5. Points.com 10 US Airways miles for 1 PCR point that took a day to post.
6. PCR Shopping Restaurant.com $25 coupon for $2. Still has not posted. I did this
because a few people had told me that the MCR redemption was not valid.

Now I can focus on the US Airways promo.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Do stays at Holiday Inns qualify in this promotion?

Would a stay at a Holiday Inn qualify for this promotion? The rules don't seem to address this.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Siambob
Would a stay at a Holiday Inn qualify for this promotion? The rules don't seem to address this.
That's not a partner transaction, so no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.