Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:52 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Check that calendar--10 weeks is January 9; 12 weeks is January 23.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: United 1P
Are all American Express cards with the MR program be able to convert 1000 MR points to PC points? I use Amex Blue, but it does not let me do it online. I am wondering whether Amex Blue is not eligible for points conversion. Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
"When will the bonus post?" Possible holiday present from PC

I sent PC an email simply to confirm that I was registered for the promotion. I received a lengthy email with a confirmation, and the following unsolicited piece of news:

"Kindly note that the bonus points will be posted to your account beginning 25 December 2009."
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The Santa Claus(e) in the letter to Bob is a nice touch, but I would prefer that the bonus miles arrive in January so they count toward 2011 Pt status !
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by kgkg
Are all American Express cards with the MR program be able to convert 1000 MR points to PC points? I use Amex Blue, but it does not let me do it online. I am wondering whether Amex Blue is not eligible for points conversion. Thanks!
There are (in the UK at least) 2 versions of MR, only one of which allows transfer to airline and hotel programmes. You need to pay a fee or take out a high-ranking card (eg Amex Plat) to get access to the version which allows transfers.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, LH SEN
My activities:

1. e-rewards
2. points.com ( Alaska swap)
3. PCR shopping (Barnes and Noble's audiobook download $0.82).
4. ???? buying points?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're planning to buy points, I'd wait until the last week of the promotion - PC runs its 'x% bonus points when you buy points' promos on a pretty regular basis and it would be a shame to miss out.

However, you should also think about whether $13.50 is 'worth' 5,000 points given your redemption habits. This is effectively what you will be paying for activity No 4 - $13.50 for 1,000 points plus to trigger the final 4,000 point bonus.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:09 am

@:-) Points.com: Swap 10 USAir miles for 1 PC point. A no-brainer. @:-)
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
@:-) Points.com: Swap 10 USAir miles for 1 PC point. A no-brainer. @:-)
Well, actually if you read the prior posts in this thread, the real no brainer is to get 3,000 miles by signing up for Alaska FF program with a Canadian address, and using Points.com to swap for 1,000 free PC points. My thanks to all the prior posters who researched this information and posted how to do this!

But, yes, your method would also work to get a partner activity, assuming that you had USAir miles already...
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Well, actually if you read the prior posts in this thread, the real no brainer is to get 3,000 miles by signing up for Alaska FF program with a Canadian address, and using Points.com to swap for 1,000 free PC points. My thanks to all the prior posters who researched this information and posted how to do this!

But, yes, your method would also work to get a partner activity, assuming that you had USAir miles already...
I've read the prior posts in this thread, and I thank you for your concern. Roll-eyes. Only a few folks are Canucks. Hello. Roll-eyes. You may assume that I had USAir miles already... Roll-eyes. Your post is worthless. Roll-eyes. Smilie. Spend a little more of your time reading FT posts before you plunge into posting on FT. Hello.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Sep 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm Reason: Added Smilie
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Only a few folks are Canucks.
Are you suggesting that only people with genuine Canadian addresses should sign up ?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Are you suggesting that only people with genuine Canadian addresses should sign up ?

What the hell are you trying to say?

Do you have something to add to this thread? Just askin'. Smilie. Roll-eyes.

Just to make myself clear, I'm not knocking Canucks. Kiss my grits.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Sep 9, 2009 at 2:07 am Reason: unbolded statement
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
I sent PC an email simply to confirm that I was registered for the promotion. I received a lengthy email with a confirmation, and the following unsolicited piece of news:

"Kindly note that the bonus points will be posted to your account beginning 25 December 2009."

What e-mail address did you send to ???????
I have sent several e-mail's ( back to Aug 28) to [email protected]
which is the address listed on their website, and have not even received the standard " we have received your request and ..." confirmation
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by kpc
How long does it take for a purchase from restaurant.com to be tracked on the PC shopping link above? My purchase from 2 days ago is still not visible
i'm wondering this as well...made one over a week ago, still hasn't posted. is it too early to email them requesting credit? (on the website it says contact them if points haven't posted in 60 days...?)
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:11 am

Done Deal

*Registered for promo on Aug. 30
1. Aug. 30. e-rewards. 1000 points. (Posted 9/1)
2. Aug. 30. Diners Club transfer. 1250 mi for 1500 pts. (Posted 9/8)
3. Aug. 31. points.com. Alaska transfer. 200mi - 68pts. (Posted 8/31)
4. Aug. 31. Amex transfer thru CC. MBRSP pts. 1000 PC pts. (Posted 8/31)

back-ups:
a. Aug. 20 pts.com transfer. Hotspex. (Posted 8/26) Prior to registration.
b. Aug. 20 MyCokeRewards transfer. 1500 pts. (Posted 8/20) Unlikely eligible.
c. Sept. 9. Priority Club Shopping. Sears gift card. $5. 20 pts. (yet to post)
(Back-ups are worth it to me so I dont have to chase the bonus)

See ya around Xmas time.

Out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.