Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
There's a terrible feeling of (UK members will understand!) Dad's Army about all this current messy knee-jerk promo programme making. A feeling that never before have things been so badly thought out and organised and tested and it's a great shame, but also worthy of some caution from us the punters.
IHG is terrible at clear communication, consistency, and details.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
gotta love IHG's communication issues...just got this email reply-
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer with smoke
What are these guys smoking? The web page going active May 27? Today is may 25 and the page IS active. I registered on May 24 and it appeared in my Promo list the very same moment.
ok, I have stopped smoking now and correct myself:

What are these guys smoking? The web page going active April 27? Today is April 25 and the page IS active. I registered on April 24 and it appeared in my Promo list the very same moment.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Apr 25, 2009 at 3:13 am
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What are these guys smoking? The web page going active May 27? Today is may 25 and the page IS active. I registered on May 24 and it appeared in my Promo list the very same moment.
Must be smoking the same stuff as you, eh?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Old Apr 25, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Must be smoking the same stuff as you, eh?
Sure. It may not be may, however the number was right. I am currenty getting mad with all this promo stuff with too much fineprint...
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are these guys smoking? The web page going active April 27? Today is April 25 and the page IS active. I registered on April 24 and it appeared in my Promo list the very same moment.
I'm confused, too. As I wrote in reply, "I received an e-mail confirming my registration, getafreenight.com indicates that I am registered, and the offer appears on my My Offer Status page. It is hard to believe I am not registered for the promotion, and I expect it will be impossible to reregister for the promotion, as I am already registered."

Not to mention that they posted the offer on 4/24 on Priority Club Connect along with a video from Steve Sickel--
https://community.priorityclub.com/b...l-announcement

Last edited by soitgoes; Apr 25, 2009 at 8:55 am
Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
This may work out well for me, as I was planning several long IC stays in May and June. As others have mentioned, the best scenario would be to make one eight-night stay ending on July 3 (forfeiting only 2,000 base points, or a bit more for a RA, in favor of the free nights), after having registered for the promotion right before this stay.

Of course, the biggest risk with this is clause 14, which states that one can't make the reservation until 48 hours before registering, or later, at which point the room that one wanted to book to earn the free nights might not be available.

It seems from clause 13 that the nights during which one forfeited points still count toward Royal Ambassador requalification, although it is unstated whether they count toward Award Accelerator earning. I would imagine not based on 9(a), but it's far from clear.

As for the double points, it does not say whether the double applies to Platinum bonus and Ambassador bonus, or just to base points.

Why is this promotion so complicated?? Has anyone ever seen a promotion this complicated before? I will probably just take the double points for simplicity.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mecabq
it is unclear whether they count toward Award Accelerator earning. I would imagine not based on 9(a), but it's far from clear.
My interpretation is that Ambassador Accelerator is a Bonus Frequency Credit, which can be earned during the Promo Period under this promo:
"Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating."
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...reamingtc.html

Originally Posted by mecabq
As for the double points, it does not say whether the double applies to Platinum bonus and Ambassador bonus, or just to base points..
The Double Points offers generally apply just to the Base Earnings (10pts/USD, 5pts/USD, or 2,000 pts/stay, depending on brand).

Originally Posted by Happy
If I understand it correctly, the double pts only applies to every 2nd stay except for 2 brands.
Not to every 2nd stay--to 2nd and subsequent stays.
"Double points or double miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the second qualifying stay at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Express by Holiday Inn™ and Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide between 4 May and 3 July 2009. Double points or double miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the first qualifying stay at participating Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® hotels worldwide between 4 May and 3 July 2009. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per night at participating hotels will be awarded the applicable bonus."
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to every 2nd stay--to 2nd and subsequent stays.
"Double points or double miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the second qualifying stay at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Express by Holiday Inn™ and Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide between 4 May and 3 July 2009. Double points or double miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the first qualifying stay at participating Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® hotels worldwide between 4 May and 3 July 2009. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per night at participating hotels will be awarded the applicable bonus."
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html
Thank you soitgoes for the clarification. I wonder whether the recent Australia / New Zealand and Asia sale rates count as qualifying stay in this purpose? They count for the stay credit and earn points in the T&C of the sale. So my guess is they also count for the double point promo. My problem is, the first say is a 3 nighters at HI Old Sydney, followed by a 1 night at Darling Harbour, and subsequent stays in Asia, plus Japan. I try to see if I could get one night before the 3-nighter, so not to waste the promo! However I could not justify the price difference between a $43 to $47 CP LAX priceline price (inclusive probably is $55 to $60) versus the lowest price at $139 before tax. The additional pt earning does not justify the price difference. The preceeding stay in Auckland is booked under spouse' name - I wonder if the hotel could let me switch the Guest name and PC number? I wonder anyone has done switching of Guest Name / PC account at check-in?

Last edited by Happy; Apr 25, 2009 at 10:50 am
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you soitgoes for the clarification. I wonder whether the recent Australia / New Zealand and Asia sale rates count as qualifying stay in this purpose? They count for the stay credit and earn points in the T&C of the sale. So my guess is they also count for the double point promo.
They should count for double points.

The preceeding stay in Auckland is booked under spouse' name - I wonder if the hotel could let me switch the Guest name and PC number? I wonder anyone has done switching of Guest Name / PC account at check-in?
The hotel could probably do it. I'd also try calling the call center to see if they can do it.

--
Regarding the Biggest Free Nights offer, I've created a chart of some of the key terms of the promo and compared them with SPG's Free Weekend Nights promo:

Last edited by soitgoes; Apr 25, 2009 at 5:47 pm Reason: add thumbnail
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
soitgoes, thanks for the list!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
The hotel could probably do it. I'd also try calling the call center to see if they can do it.
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9607/...comparison.jpg
I've changed numbers before now at check-in and by emailing the hotel in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LH738
soitgoes, thanks for the list!
+1
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Smile

Quick Question: I have already booked 4 non refundable rates in China couple of weeks' back (but only 1 actually showing up on my credit card account so far) as part of their Asia Promotion. These stays aren't due until mid-June. Am I qualified for the free nights?

I can't see how they can distinguish reservation date from check-in date as far as points are concerned... or I am too naive?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by rownada
Quick Question: I have already booked 4 non refundable rates in China couple of weeks' back (but only 1 actually showing up on my credit card account so far) as part of their Asia Promotion. These stays aren't due until mid-June. Am I qualified for the free nights?

I can't see how they can distinguish reservation date from check-in date as far as points are concerned... or I am too naive?
well... according to the T&C these nights will not qualify for free nights. But nobody knows how it will work in practice - the promotion hasn't started yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.