Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MXM135
I originally registered for double points and when the promotion was extended, I wanted to change to the Free Nights. Both PC and the Ambassador Desk said NO.
It's different when you registered yourself v. when the computer/system auto-registered you. They can send a request to some mysterious technical department in Atlanta to unregister promos. Before they sent this request, they looked at my double points registration and saw that it had not been initiated by me.

Originally Posted by MXM135
They were prepared to de-register me for the Double Points, but then I would only get base points + platinum bonus for the remainder of the promotion. I politely declined.
Hmmh...that's interesting. I wonder if you would actually have been able to register for the free nights extension once your double points promo was removed. Maybe they have two ways of removing promos, I don't know.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
(deleted).

Last edited by jb831; Aug 4, 2009 at 9:13 am
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
It's different when you registered yourself v. when the computer/system auto-registered you. They can send a request to some mysterious technical department in Atlanta to unregister promos. Before they sent this request, they looked at my double points registration and saw that it had not been initiated by me.

Hmmh...that's interesting. I wonder if you would actually have been able to register for the free nights extension once your double points promo was removed. Maybe they have two ways of removing promos, I don't know.
I wasn't prepared to take the risk. My Double Points had been automatically extended by IHG when they extended the promotion without my consent. I asked if I could change to the Free Nights as I felt that during the extension period, this would be more advantageous to me.

It was at that point that they offered to remove the Double Points with the proviso, that I would only earn base + elite points. Although I stated that this was patently unfair, they didn't seem to care and again re-iterated the options that I had to choose from.

mxm135
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Can I book a hotel on expedia or orbitz and still get the rooms counted for free night promotion or only hotels booked through their web site?
Also, my paid nights can be any low rate hotel and free night can be a high end hotel?
Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
ok, I have one free night left to use before end of December. I'm in the process of making a complicated booking for family at CP hunter valley (lovedale). we are staying 24-28 dec, as the 3 bed villas are annoyingly out of action we need one 2 bed villa and 1 standard room. the free nights only cover the standard room.

the most expensive nights of our stay, not surprisingly, are 25 and 26 December. if i go to the bookfreenights page and try to book one of those nights it says none available, but if i try to book 2 nights in a row it is fine, for both 24 and 25 or 25 and 26 december.

unfortunately i only have the one free night outstanding so i cant go any further with it.

has anyone had this experience? i know you have to book it directly online so i dont think i'll get any joy from calling reservations.

is it worth me seing if anyone has a spare free night to trade and even if i can find someone, can they be transferred so that i can make the 2 night booking?

would appreciate your speedy responses as I am keen to get this booking completed via a mix of Priority Privilege paid rate, reward night and free night..

thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
the most expensive nights of our stay, not surprisingly, are 25 and 26 December. if i go to the bookfreenights page and try to book one of those nights it says none available, but if i try to book 2 nights in a row it is fine, for both 24 and 25 or 25 and 26 december.
It appears that there's a 2 night minimum length of stay in effect for arrivals on December 25 or December 26. This is true for paid nights, reward nights, and Free Nights. You could try to contact the hotel to ask them to push through an exception (or maybe remove it from the Free Nights?) based on the fact that you are, in fact, staying 2 nights or more, just on different rates.

is it worth me seing if anyone has a spare free night to trade and even if i can find someone, can they be transferred so that i can make the 2 night booking?
They are not transferable.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:28 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
thanks soitgoes, that makes sense, will give them a call
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:19 pm

I have 2 free nights booked at the IC Paris in December and received a mail from my carrier last week advising the flights had been cancelled. I can now only get there by driving and I really don't fancy doing 500 miles each way.

I know the free nights t & c said non transferable, but has anyone managed to get a night changed or amended etc? I've even got the hard luck story lined up if needed

Any experiences would be appreciated.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porta1108
I have 2 free nights booked at the IC Paris in December and received a mail from my carrier last week advising the flights had been cancelled. I can now only get there by driving and I really don't fancy doing 500 miles each way.

I know the free nights t & c said non transferable, but has anyone managed to get a night changed or amended etc? I've even got the hard luck story lined up if needed

Any experiences would be appreciated.
Shouldn't you contact your carrier to accommodate you on some other flights in this case? The property would probably move your reservation by a day if needed.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:31 pm

[QUOTE=soitgoes;12664178]It appears that there's a 2 night minimum length of stay in effect for arrivals on December 25 or December 26. This is true for paid nights, reward nights, and Free Nights. You could try to contact the hotel to ask them to push through an exception (or maybe remove it from the Free Nights?) based on the fact that you are, in fact, staying 2 nights or more, just on different rates.

The hotel were happy to help in principle but cant do anything manually. they told me to speak to Priority club, who i emailed.

Not very impressed with the reply:

"We would like to inform you that our records show that the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley has a minimum stay requirement of two (2) nights for your intended stay dates, thus, our system does not allow you to book a Free Night reservation for either dates.

Please allow us to clarify that in order for members to book a reservation for these dates, the members must book both nights under the same rate category, however, since you only have one (1) Free Night left, we are unable to process your request due to system restriction.

Nonetheless, since the free nights can be redeemed up to 26 December 2009, you may still use your Free Night credit for a future reservation at any of our properties worldwide."

As you quite rightly point out, we are staying for 4 nights so you'd think there'd be some room to help, surely its better that we're giving them more business..
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you quite rightly point out, we are staying for 4 nights so you'd think there'd be some room to help, surely its better that we're giving them more business..
You may have better luck with the hotel directly. PCR has to pay for each Free Night so there's no incentive to help. The hotel gets paid for each Free Night.

EDIT: Missed that you contacted the hotel first. The hotel is the one that put the min stay requirement in place. Ask the revenue manager to remove it temporarily so that you can book the property.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:10 pm

Free Nights - other person use experiences

Just curious to see if anyone has used any of their free nights to reserve a room and have another person check in and use it.

If so, how? Did you put them in on the reservation as the additional guest and just give them the reservation number?

I have four nights that I fear I MAY not be able to use so I am exploring options just in case...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.