Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
I have my 4th night scheduled July 3-4.
What about investing 40 Dollars or so for a cheap HI night?

I did the same thing with the SPG promo: I have a 4P around the corner in the next block and their rates go down to 50 Euro. I had nine weekend nights planed until the end of the SPG promo period and could not get the 18 stays required the usual way. Easy math: Two stays (check-ins) for a total of 100 Euro gave me two stay credits, about 1000 points, two bottles of wine (their usual gift) and one free weekend night in a 250 Euro hotel.....
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:58 am

That's what I did...booked a cheap HI for 2 nyts at $130 (Manila) and Australia ( $210 not so cheap eh but the HI looked cheap anyway)...

Now Im gonna used that 1 free stay in IC Singapore ( about $200 plus a BOGO so its like paying $200 for 3 nights) and IC HK later (about $250)...

Im too tied up at work now wish i could have booked more qualifying stays (though I used several 5K PB's along the way)...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Hi all,

I have tried to read all this thread but my head is getting dizzy!

I am going to book 2 rooms at the CP London City for this weekend as it is a reasonable rate through the www.ichotels.com/exclusive link.

The rate will be around 75ukp/night which is well below the usual rate.

I am 2 nights away from a 5k bonus as well as the other few bonuses I have signed up for.

I am trying to figure out of it is worth signing up for the free night promo as this will be my last PC hotel stay before it ends.

What would you do? Take the points or see if it posts as a QR and I get a free night out of it?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Hi all,

I have tried to read all this thread but my head is getting dizzy!

I am going to book 2 rooms at the CP London City for this weekend as it is a reasonable rate through the www.ichotels.com/exclusive link.

The rate will be around 75ukp/night which is well below the usual rate.

I am 2 nights away from a 5k bonus as well as the other few bonuses I have signed up for.

I am trying to figure out of it is worth signing up for the free night promo as this will be my last PC hotel stay before it ends.

What would you do? Take the points or see if it posts as a QR and I get a free night out of it?
The latter, definitely - you still qualify for the stay x get y promotions even during the free nights promotion. Plus a night in any hotel, anywhere, is clearly more valuable that 5 (or even 10)k points...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
That would make sense, but it is not the way the terms were written. I am not going to test it out, as PCR reps, though well-meaning, have given out false info in the past about this promo.

What good is having this practice if they do not inform members from the start?
It's a bit late now, but I completed nights 9 and 10 (actually, 10 and 11 but one nights posted as NQ for no reason whatsoever and my discrepancy report has been ignored for a week now...) last night, checked out this morning. Will report what happens points-wise when the stay posts...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
The latter, definitely - you still qualify for the stay x get y promotions even during the free nights promotion. Plus a night in any hotel, anywhere, is clearly more valuable that 5 (or even 10)k points...
just be aware that the 35% Exclusive rate is not eligible for PCR credit--you may luck out, but be aware.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:35 am

I checked out on the 10th and have 4 nights coming to me. The stay has not posted yet. I called and they said it would post tomorrow. But, now they're saying it will be another 3-5 maybe 6 days before I can use the free nights. They point to T&C #2 where it says 14 days from check out. Is anyone else experiencing this long of a wait? I need to use one of the nights for the 4th of July and rooms are running out.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But how can it be that, if you book through an online travel agent such as hotels.com, you get neither points or qualifying nights for this promotion? Even if the stay cost at least as much as booking directly on the Holiday Inn site? It did say in the T&Cs that travel agents were accepted.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
But how can it be that, if you book through an online travel agent such as hotels.com, you get neither points or qualifying nights for this promotion?
That's unrelated to this promotion. If you would normally get points for the stay, you will get free night credit. It's not that this promo excludes prepaid hotels.com stays; rather, PCR earning (as with other hotel programs) generally is excluded on those stays.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:34 am

Hi,

does anyone of you has an idea which hotel (maybe a HIX?) around the world could have one or several nights with the absolutely cheapest rate? I am thinking of booking one or more of those, without ever staying there - just to get the free nights.

Maybe in europe is the best idea, because the Exclusive 2for1 promo could be used at the same time.

The issue is, there is no "All HIX of the worlds" overview online...

Last week i forgot to cancel a reservation for one night in the UK and I got still credited a one night qualifying stay and it did count in the free nights promotion.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:09 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Before you make any reservation and pay check around on this thread/forum if you will qualify for free night in case of none show (IHG IMHO thought about it) you can end with 0 night - money
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ym1
Before you make any reservation and pay check around on this thread/forum if you will qualify for free night in case of none show (IHG IMHO thought about it) you can end with 0 night - money
A no-show will most definitely not qualify for points, qualifying nights or (therefore) free nights. Don't even bother.

That said, nowt to stop you from picking a local HIX and checking n/out without staying, just be sure to mess up the linen a little in case housekeeping report the room as empty...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
just be aware that the 35% Exclusive rate is not eligible for PCR credit--you may luck out, but be aware.
Hmm.. That's interesting.. I'd had so many stays post as qualifying that I'd stopped even thinking about it. In fact, my NQ stay might well have been an exclusive rate booking (albeit an expensive one)..
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
A no-show will most definitely not qualify for points, qualifying nights or (therefore) free nights.
Ok I did not know that this was the case. I apparently then was just lucky, because the HIX Newcastle, UK did post as qualifying night after my noshow last week (booked 2 nights, did not show, 1 night was posted and payed from my credit card...)

It gave me a free night, it even triggered a Stay X get 10000 points promo where I was missing just one night.

Ok, so I sould maybe chose one where I have the time to show and make the room look used

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Just booked 1 night at IC London (Free) on 4th July and 1 night at CP (London City) on 17th October (Free). Not bad for 4 nights in a HIX @ £50 per night that I was going to do anyway.

Very happy PC member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.