Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
Can free nights be booked for other people? or only for the member?
"Free Night(s) cannot be sold or transferred."
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:50 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
any ideas how we can find out if that worst case scenario is true (without actually experiencing it!)?

i.e. have already booked for 3 different stays in may that would net at least 3 free nights, possibly 4.

but because they were pre-booked they might not be valid (seems like a crazy stipulation - are they going to have a rush of people cancelling and rebooking flexible rates?)

i'm already registered for a bunch of the other promos..obviously don't want to sacrifice these and not get the free nights either.

I look forward to someone hopefully being able to clarify this very important point!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Has anybody registered for double points yet ? I'm nervous of following the link in case it registers me for the free nights without giving me a choice (even though it says I will get to make the selection).
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The link gives you a clear choice. You have to click one or the other. I took the double points as I'm turned off by a few facts about this promo. For one the 'availability' thing is more then murky at best and in theory some ICs would live up to the promo by making 1 room available for every day of the redemption period. Once gone you are out of luck. second is that when I cancel my free night in advance I forfeit it - what the freak is that? Utter rubbish.

Hyatt FFNs still rule and this IC promo pales in comparison even though only US based members can really benefit from that with their cheapish Hyatt Place stays. In Asia & Europe try to find a Hyatt at HIoliday Inn price levels

I will put most of my stays to Hilton during the next 2 months (even though their T&Cs are screwed up too) and collect nice triple BMI miles (9K for 3 night stay). Better deal in my book. I hope there will be some decent points breaks rates in the future for a change and there anything gained form double points promo may actually go a long way. What bugs me is that it only starts from the second night. Need to work out something for that so it is not a one night IC stay as it currently looks like.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
Hyatt FFNs still rule and this IC promo pales in comparison even though only US based members can really benefit from that with their cheapish Hyatt Place stays. In Asia & Europe try to find a Hyatt at HIoliday Inn price levels
Hyatt Bandung's rate is in par with Holiday Inn Bandung, but then again, their rates are heavily inflated anyway.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
As someone who stays at a CP during the week, as l am working away from home this year. Would people recommed l sign up for the double points promo instead, as it sounds like l would loose all my base points and other promo points till the end of july. I stay 4 nights a week and once a month over the weekend.

Is the double points program a better way forward as the T&C's for this program look quite straight forward.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:00 am
uk1
Suspended

My reading of the Ts&Cs is that whilst the free nights offer requires registration before bookings are made, and that means that no exisitng bookings will count, but the alternative double points offer does not require the bookings to be made after registration ie all existing bookings should qualify?

Is that other people's reading?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by uk1
My reading of the Ts&Cs is that whilst the free nights offer requires registration before bookings are made, and that means that no exisitng bookings will count, but the alternative double points offer does not require the bookings to be made after registration ie all existing bookings should qualify?

Is that other people's reading?
Yes - that's how I read it as well (the double points is the equivalent of the usual quarterly bonus promotion, like the current 3000 points for every 3 nights, and the time that the reservation is made doesn't seem to affect these).

This is what has finally swung it for me - I have a number of advance reservations (can't cancel) for a two week trip to the US in June, and I don't want to risk getting nothing for those. Double points it is!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by ag51
Yes - that's how I read it as well (the double points is the equivalent of the usual quarterly bonus promotion, like the current 3000 points for every 3 nights, and the time that the reservation is made doesn't seem to affect these).

This is what has finally swung it for me - I have a number of advance reservations (can't cancel) for a two week trip to the US in June, and I don't want to risk getting nothing for those. Double points it is!
Have you registered for it yet, am a bit hesistant about signing up in case l get railroaded into the free nights promo
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:40 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by g00ner
Have you registered for it yet, am a bit hesistant about signing up in case l get railroaded into the free nights promo
You won't get railroaded as there's a second page with the choices. As usual it requires your password so no enrolment without consent is possilbe.

Like all promos theres no harm in waiting until just before your next stay in order to see what happens on this thread.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:21 am

Ok, so my intrepretation of the terms and conditions is that after registration stays will still count toward things like Stay X get XX and the MLB promo. We will just forgo the base points (10) and elite points (5) on each stay. Does this seem right?

I actually think this ends up being a decent deal for some stay patterns, especially if you do not have a huge number of stays coming up (something less than 10 or) and if they are at relatively inexpensive HIX. All and all, though, I think this promo is poorly designed as it will actually result in less business as people book away from PC after they hit the eight nights.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:24 am
uk1
Suspended

What they have actually done is cobble together a free night promo to respond to the SPG promo, but as before it's not been thought through and written well. It will cost them nights for reasons expressed by several already. Then they have a completely seperate points promo which is a "business as usual" point promo. But to make it looked like "joined-iup marketing" they have lumped them together as an either/or choice. So the rules for each one are diffrent eg pre or post reigstration.

So customers who have already made bookings can't choose the free night promo unless they cancel and rebook. Always good to have a promo that hacks off your exisiting customers. Those that have already made lot's of 241' or apex, or F&F's will choose and get double points for doing nothing more.

Their marketing and loyalty programmes are great for us but for them it get's more pathetic and I'm suprised that their senior management seem to be unable to get a grip.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Their marketing and loyalty programmes are great for us but for them it get's more pathetic and I'm suprised that their senior management seem to be unable to get a grip.
I have worked for a number of very large international companies and the old addage that s*** floats to the top is always true.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:39 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by g00ner
I have worked for a number of very large international companies and the old addage that s*** floats to the top is always true.

Me too. They always promoted people just before they were found out.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Promo is now live at www.getafreenight.com

Read those T&C's carefully before you register because you can't un-register!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.