Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I'm a little mystified by those suggesting that 4 free nights is worse than unlimited double points. ...
T&Cs #13: The free nights will not attract room upgrades so for this reason alone I can see why some people might give it a miss.

Originally Posted by ag51
I also wonder whether stays will count as qualifying nights (at 0 points) towards plat or RA qualification?
Again T&Cs #13: "Free Nights will not count toward achieving Elite status, but the nights stayed during the Promotion Period will count toward achieving Elite status."
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by davidw70
1. Eligibility: Must be a Priority Club® Rewards (“PCR”) member (“Member”) to participate in this Promotion. To join PCR for free, visit www.priorityclub.com. Must register PCR membership number in advance at www.getafreenight.com and provide a valid email address. Residents of Japan are not eligible.
OK, what did I do to deserve this?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr Groggy
T&Cs #13: The free nights will not attract room upgrades so for this reason alone I can see why some people might give it a miss.
No award nights are entitled to upgrades with PCR, though.
My issue is--
no points for incidental spending
after eight nights, you get zip
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I'm more concerned with stay credits than points. I've read the T&Cs but am confused as to whether I would get stay credits for the 8 nights I stay to get the 4 free nights. I know I won't get points, but will I get qualifying night stay credit? Also, what is your opinion on using the 2-4-1 rate to get the required nights? Would I have to stay 8 nights at the 2-4-1 or 16 nights?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I know I won't get points, but will I get qualifying night stay credit?
You should. The terms say:
the nights stayed during the Promotion Period will count toward achieving Elite status.
Do you mean for RA or for Plat? Most of us on FT qualify for Plat based on points. Since no points will be earned it won't count towards that qualification threshold.

Also, what is your opinion on using the 2-4-1 rate to get the required nights? Would I have to stay 8 nights at the 2-4-1 or 16 nights?
2-4-1 is entitled to 1 night of credit. These stays often post at 2 nights. However, they sometimes post at 1 night and sometimes at 0 nights, in which case PC will grant at least one night as a correction.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:17 pm

I'm more concerned with stay credits than points. I've read the T&Cs but am confused as to whether I would get stay credits for the 8 nights I stay to get the 4 free nights. I know I won't get points, but will I get qualifying night stay credit? Also, what is your opinion on using the 2-4-1 rate to get the required nights? Would I have to stay 8 nights at the 2-4-1 or 16 nights?
I assume you'll get stay credit with no points.
As to 241 stays - it always counts as 2 nights for me. YMMV.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...ing/promo.html

page is up and you can register, but bookfreenight link doesn't work
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now we all know that it is possible to speak to five employees and get five (or six!) different answers, but the PCR rep I just spoke to said that the free night inventory is the same as the award night (for points) inventory.

This is a good thing, IMHO, as PCR generally has good award night availability.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
9. Frequency Credits:
(a) During Promotion Period: Once registered for this Promotion and during the Promotion Period, Members will not earn base or elite Priority Club points, airline miles, or any other frequency credit earning preference Members have chosen (“Frequency Credits”) for the room rate, food and beverage charges or any other incidental charges for any stays at any IHG hotel (except at hotels in those countries in which the Promotion is void), whether pursuant to this Promotion or otherwise, even if the Member has previously registered for, or is otherwise qualified for, another promotion and even if the Member has already earned the maximum of four Free Nights during the Promotion Period. In other words, participation in this Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Promotion until July 3, 2009. Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating.
(b) During Redemption Period: During the Redemption Period, Members will not earn any Frequency Credits for the Free Night room rate equivalent and applicable taxes; however, base and elite Frequency Credits will be awarded for all other eligible charges to the Member's room (except at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, where points are awarded per stay only), subject to PCR Membership Terms and Conditions, found at www.priorityclub.com.

I understand that I wouldn't receive points during this promotion period but does it only count towards regular points? If I booked a room rate that at an Indigo with 5K bonus points would I get those points? I don't understand what a bonus frequency credit is. Maybe I just don't get the wording. Thanks.

-Dave-
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:37 pm

so free nights include IC?

It also looks like the hotel reservation must be made with 48 hours or after the registration. Then, all my non-refundable reservation now will not count towards the free nights but will I get points for those nights?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studio253
I understand that I wouldn't receive points during this promotion period but does it only count towards regular points? If I booked a room rate that at an Indigo with 5K bonus points would I get those points?
That's my understanding. You forgo base (10 pts/USD-HI, HIX, Indigo, CP; 5pts/USD--Candlewood/Staybridge; or 2K points/Stay--IC) and the 10% Gold/50% Platinum bonus points for participating in this promo.

The other big thing to note is that the reservations have to be made after registration (well, actually up to 48 hours prior to registration). If you have a stay during the Promo period after you've registered, but that stay was booked prior to your promo registration, it is conceivable that you could get nada for that stay--neither base/elite points nor stay credit under this promo. That would be bad.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
so free nights include IC?

It also looks like the hotel reservation must be made with 48 hours or after the registration. Then, all my non-refundable reservation now will not count towards the free nights but will I get points for those nights?
A strict reading of rule 9 in conjunction with rule 14 could mean you would get NOTHING from those nights (except for any bonuses from other promos).

That's unfair, but that is the way it appears to be written.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by soitgoes
That's my understanding. You forgo base (10 pts/USD-HI, HIX, Indigo, CP; 5pts/USD--Candlewood/Staybridge; or 2K points/Stay--IC) and the 10% Gold/50% Platinum bonus points for participating in this promo.

The other big thing to note is that the reservations have to be made after registration (well, actually up to 48 hours prior to registration). If you have a stay during the Promo period after you've registered, but that stay was booked prior to your promo registration, it is conceivable that you could get nada for that stay--neither base/elite points nor stay credit under this promo. That would be bad.
Thank you!!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are the T&C for the double points alternative promo:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html

Note here--the double points start on the second qualifying stay (except at Staybridge and Candlewood, where they begin on the first stay). Unlike the Free Nights promo, it is valid in Japan (excluding ANA hotels, but including ANA cobranded hotels).
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes

So the only solution to this is to use an alternative account to book the nights for free nights. Edit: But then I wouldn't get platinum benefits for these stays

Can free nights be booked for other people? or only for the member?

In SPG's free weekend night promo, the free night can only be used by the member (Not Transferrable)

Last edited by Queen438; Apr 23, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.