Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dk_commuter
well... according to the T&C these nights will not qualify for free nights. But nobody knows how it will work in practice - the promotion hasn't started yet.
Exactly.

I'd suggest making a modification to the reservation (for example, adding a name of an additional guest in the room), as this generates a reservation modification e-mail/transaction.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Exactly.

I'd suggest making a modification to the reservation (for example, adding a name of an additional guest in the room), as this generates a reservation modification e-mail/transaction.
So by making a slight modification (not changing room type or reservation) it will then be a qualifying stay?

I have booked 2 Great Asia Sale stay during this period.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
So by making a slight modification (not changing room type or reservation) it will then be a qualifying stay?
Not technically, but I hope it would increase the chance of the computer viewing it as such. It can't hurt.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

IHG is terrible at clear communication, consistency, and details.
And there overseas scary call center is way worse in communicating
the details
Pathetic company with some great hotels and a good program run by
a very dysfunctional company
I find this promotion disturbing.It really has me disliking PC

The problem is they haven't run these kind of free night broad based promotions in the past
So to put these heavy handed restrictions on many of their customers including some of their best customers creates a lack of good will
Worse there are major trust issues going forward.
I find the fine print high on the creep factor

The folks at PC in Atlanta would be wise to get an official communicator here on FT to further clarify
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The folks at PC in Atlanta would be wise to get an official communicator here on FT to further clarify
Are you sure you REALLY want an official representative in this forum?!

I prefer a bit of uncertainty and a master promo thread instead.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by dk_commuter
Are you sure you REALLY want an official representative in this forum?!

I prefer a bit of uncertainty and a master promo thread instead.
Couldn't agree more
But then I like the thrill of a flock of birds being sucked up in my jet engine
in flight.Then hoping for smooth landing on the Hudson River
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:59 pm

I have a question for all. Let say you choose the earn free nights. Your check in on July 2 for 8 nights. What then? Do you earn 4 night based on the stay? If you only get 1 free night, do you get points for the rest of the stay?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I have a question for all. Let say you choose the earn free nights. Your check in on July 2 for 8 nights. What then? Do you earn 4 night based on the stay? If you only get 1 free night, do you get points for the rest of the stay?
I have no idea. My interpretation would be that the nights on July 2 and July 3 would count to the Free Nights promo and the next six nights would earn normal points as per normal rules. However, I have no idea what the computer would do and what PCR would see as being the official obligation.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:05 pm

I have no idea. My interpretation would be that the nights on July 2 and July 3 would count to the Free Nights promo and the next six nights would earn normal points as per normal rules. However, I have no idea what the computer would do and what PCR would see as being the official obligation.
I have a feeling that the T&C is written by a bunch of lawyers instead of hospitality executives. This might be one of the situation they didn't think of.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I have a feeling that the T&C is written by a bunch of lawyers instead of hospitality executives. This might be one of the situation they didn't think of.
You'd think that the 1500 words would have been enough. SPG has a much shorter T&C, but they included a useful FAQ section. IHG should look at SPG's approach...
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:37 pm

To be clear. I don't think the Great Asia Sale stays will not qualify for this promo.

Aside from it was booked earlier than May 4th.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
Aside from it was booked earlier than May 4th.
You can book before May 4 for the Free Nights promo--earliest booking is 48 hours prior to promo registration.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
I went for the double miles instead of this. My main consideration there is that if, like usual, there are other points piles we can get (bonus points and such, extra codes, yadda yadda) then I will get close to the same in points. I average 7K a night usually, with all of the multipliers and X points for X nights and the usual.

But even more important, the fact that the free nights need to be used before a certain date really pushed me away from this. I like banking my freebies (points) and using them when I darn well please, not by a deadline. A lot of people will forget about that and give the free nights right back to Priority Club without even realizing it.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
Originally Posted by brandinius2
But even more important, the fact that the free nights need to be used before a certain date really pushed me away from this. I like banking my freebies (points) and using them when I darn well please, not by a deadline. A lot of people will forget about that and give the free nights right back to Priority Club without even realizing it.
+1
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: IHG
Talking World’s Biggest Free Nights Offer Launched by the World’s Biggest Hotel Company

Guests can earn a free night by registering at www.getafreenight.com and staying two nights at any Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites around the world between 4 May and 3 July 2009.

• Register for the promotion at www.getafreenight.com
• Stay any two nights between 4 May and 3 July 2009 (the two nights do not have to be consecutive or at the same brand of hotel)
• Get one free night to use between 3 July and 26 December 2009
Use your free nights at one of over 4,000 hotels around the world (e.g. stay at one of our hotels in one country and get a free night at one of our hotels in another country)
• Earn up to four free nights (e.g. stay eight nights, get four free)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.