Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by LHWolf
Just realized that in my "Offer Status" the "30000 points/10000miles" has disappeared. Normally even older offers stay there for reference.
They seem to have some serious problem in IT to handle the present situation.

I am still due to get another 3000 points there for a stay 2 days ago - after I registered for the Free Nights. This booking was made long before.

I just wonder what will happen.
When following what they say in writing is that all the points for this stay are gone. They do not count for the "Free nights" (starting May 4), but after registering for it you immedeately get no points.

Will let you know in a few days what came out.
Everything is ok.
I got my points & bonus points.
It seems that they have some problems to express themselves properly.
Old May 5, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Over on the PCR community, PC reps have posted that that is indeed the case that one gets normal base/elite points for those reservations booked more than 48 hours prior to registratin:
https://community.priorityclub.com/b...l-announcement
Thanks for that link.
I've got 3 nights already booked but I suspect only two nights are qualifying nights. As they're at a HIX €45pn I suspect the base points will be minimal...I seem to earn my points on the bonuses which are strangely still earnable!

So I'm tempted to just go ahead and register now as the decision about which way to go is starting to stress me a bit! At least I'll be covered for any future bookings I may choose to make.
Old May 5, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Does anyone know for certain whether the travelzoo IC SF $119 rate will qualify as a stay for this promotion? (As the flexible rate is only a bit higher, I don't want to risk a non-qualifying stay.)
Old May 5, 2009, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Over on the PCR community, PC reps have posted that that is indeed the case that one gets normal base/elite points for those reservations booked more than 48 hours prior to registratin:
Thanks for confirming what I was told this morning over the phone.
Old May 5, 2009, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks for confirming what I was told this morning over the phone.
Now, there may very well be a gap between theory and practice, but, at any rate, you should be able to get it corrected because PCR has gone on record with this.

Originally Posted by rfrost
Does anyone know for certain whether the travelzoo IC SF $119 rate will qualify as a stay for this promotion? (As the flexible rate is only a bit higher, I don't want to risk a non-qualifying stay.)
Travelzoo rates generally post as qualifying stays. It doesn't seem to meet any of the exceptions, either.
Old May 6, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
There's a lot of outsourcing in Priority Club. The call center/e-mail response center is in the Philippines.
Aha, thanks for the info! That explains why almost everyone has a Spanish surname but don't seem to understand the language...
Old May 6, 2009, 7:11 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Yep. It's full of rules, and all participants should read through that lengthy T&C.

I would like to post again the link to my chart which goes through some of the rules and compares them with SPG:
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/422/f...omparisony.jpg
Hey guys, can people confirm for me if I made the right decision: I picked the DOUBLE POINTS PROMO as I was worried about:

1) The restriction of max free nights to be earned - what would happen after one reaches the max free nights?
2) Not earning normal points during the promo period
3) Worried about redeeming the free nights within the promo period
4) Worried about what hotels one can use these nights at (and the restrictions at those hotels)

Between now and the end of the promo I have at least 35 nights booked, probably more so I didn't want to miss out on Double Points for that and appealed to me more. So in short, did I make a good choice?

Not normal for me to do this without fully researching but been flat out with work and travel. Thanks guys!
Old May 6, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdV
Between now and the end of the promo I have at least 35 nights booked, probably more so I didn't want to miss out on Double Points for that and appealed to me more. So in short, did I make a good choice?
Due to the 35 nights in the promo period, probably.

If you had registered for Free Nights, you'd get neither base/elite points nor Free Night Credit after 8 qualifying nights booked 48 hours prior to enrollment or after enrollment.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

Travelzoo rates generally post as qualifying stays. It doesn't seem to meet any of the exceptions, either.
It's the "generally" part I'm concerned about. Any experience with the IC SF in particular? (I saw an older thread about problems in Miami.)
Old May 6, 2009, 12:08 pm

I got stay credit on a Travelzoo rate at IC SF way back when it opened a little over a year ago. Doubt it's changed since then, otherwise we would have heard gripes about it here on FT.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:08 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Due to the 35 nights in the promo period, probably.

If you had registered for Free Nights, you'd get neither base/elite points nor Free Night Credit after 8 qualifying nights booked 48 hours prior to enrollment or after enrollment.
Great, that's mostly what I thought but wasn't sure.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rfrost
It's the "generally" part I'm concerned about. Any experience with the IC SF in particular? (I saw an older thread about problems in Miami.)
PCR is so messed up that nothing is ever guaranteed to work the first time. However, you should be able to submit a Points Discrepancy if needed.

As gregorygrady writes, we haven't seen any complaints about this, and there have been some positive experiences with points on TZ rates at this property.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much soitgoes for posting this info. I haven't registered yet precisely waiting for some definite info / answer, on this confusing subject. Now I can go ahead to register for the Double Points.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I am still confused about the points earned/not earned when registering for the free nights promo. Let's say I have a one night stay at the IC SF. Normally, I'd be earning:

2k Standard Points
1k Plat Bonus
1k RA Bonus
1k Anniversary Bonus
2k Ambassador Accelerator 2k Bonus
4k Western ICs Bonus
1.3k 1/15 of 20k Ambassador Accelerator
---
12.3k Total

How many points will I receive for this stay if I sign up for the Free Nights Promo? 8.3k (i.e., no Standard, Plat, and RA Bonus)? 7k (i.e., the previous ones plus no stay credit)? 3k (i.e., the previous ones plus no Western IC Bonus -- three times nothing is nothing)? No points at all?
Old May 6, 2009, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
How many points will I receive for this stay if I sign up for the Free Nights Promo? 8.3k (i.e., no Standard, Plat, and RA Bonus)?
That is my interpretation. (Of course the 1.3K doesn't post until the 15 nights have been reached.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.