Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
I know the T&C explicitly excluded the friends & family rate, but since most people are getting the full stay and points credit for the f&f rate I am anxious to know if f&f stays count for free nights promo in practice
Old May 8, 2009, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
I know the T&C explicitly excluded the friends & family rate, but since most people are getting the full stay and points credit for the f&f rate I am anxious to know if f&f stays count for free nights promo in practice
If the nights post as qualifying and were booked no earlier than 48 hours prior to registration, there is no reason that they would not.

And I wouldn't say most people are getting full credit. Reports are decidedly mixed with F&F and, as you state, the rate is not eligible, so anything you get is luck.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by caz312
Seem to contradict!!!
It certainly does.

I forwarded my e-mail to the 'help' desk pointing out that it was nonsense and got a response apologising and confirming the correct sign-up.
Old May 9, 2009, 7:47 am

Is the double points promo also effective only for stays that have been booked within 48 hours, or do stays booked earlier qualify as well?
Old May 9, 2009, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honu
Is the double points promo also effective only for stays that have been booked within 48 hours, or do stays booked earlier qualify as well?
All points-qualifying stays. (No listed booking date exception.)
Old May 9, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Free nights not posting

After much consideration I went for the free nights, and re-booked 6reservations (to avoid being a victim of the dreaded 48h rule).

The first stay is showing on my account today, but shows up as a regular stay with base points, plat bonus etc. On the "my offer staus"-page the free nights promo shows 0 stays.

Should I worry? Or is it likely to somehow magically correct itself?

Cheers
Old May 9, 2009, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ebra
Should I worry? Or is it likely to somehow magically correct itself?
I would contact PCR.
I don't think that's the way it's supposed to show up, but yours is the first report I've actually seen so I don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't had any stays yet myself in the promo period.
Old May 9, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Shareholder
SPG promo is actually lamer as hotels dump rooms on the market during weekends at lower prices, so I would rather have access during the week and pay for my weekend nights. Also PC has more choice of locations than SPG. .
The only places where one should redeem these "free" nights are IC's. There is around 200 IC's and more than triple the number of SPG properties where one can spend the SPG "free" nights.

On SPG there is no limit of the number of nights one can earn. My goal is somewhere between 20 to 30.

In addition to the normal points + Platinum amenity + property specific promos etc one can also earn 1000 DL/NW miles at more than 300 SPG properties during the promotional period.

IMHO there is no doubt that the SPG promos is much better. YMMV as always.
Old May 9, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by holtju2
On SPG there is no limit of the number of nights one can earn. My goal is somewhere between 20 to 30.
This may be OT but just out of curiosity: How are you going to spend 20-30 weekend nights with Starwood before the end of September?

Cheers
Old May 9, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ebra
This may be OT but just out of curiosity: How are you going to spend 20-30 weekend nights with Starwood before the end of September?

Cheers
SPG defines weekend as Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So 20-30 nights equal 7-10 weeks. Given that there are 22 weeks between May & Sep, it's quite doable.
Old May 9, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by rdchen
SPG defines weekend as Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So 20-30 nights equal 7-10 weeks. Given that there are 22 weeks between May & Sep, it's quite doable.
Exactly. I am taking the Summer off and can spend the weekends at SPG properties around the world and then park myself to W Westwood or SLS for September weekends when I am back in LA.
Old May 9, 2009, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdchen
With SPG you can also redeem, for example, a second room each night for family members/friends traveling with you.
Old May 9, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
I am quite happy with IHG's free night promo, my only concern now is availability.

I prefer IHG's over SPG's because I can get 4 free nights based on nights but only 1 or 2 free SPG's nights based on stays. I need weekdays not weekends and IHG has better properties where I need to go.

I suppose for those who practically live in hotels SPG has a better offer. I only stay in hotels for business and vacation only during Xmas/New Year eves time.
Old May 9, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: RA, QANTAS Club Platinum
will the free nights be hard to book due to the limited number of room per hotel given to the free nights promo stays?
Old May 9, 2009, 5:24 pm

Can the IHG free nights under this promo be redeemed for someone else to check-in? (i.e. transferable).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.