Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
What is confusing? You are making it confusing for yourself.

Nights spent at all ICG hotels outside Japan count towards a free night. You will be able to spend your free night at any ICG hotel outside Japan.

There will be a separate pot of free nights made available, in which ALL hotels will participate to some extent. However, it is NOT the case that if a hotel is showing 'normal' reward nights that you will necessarily be able to book a free room for the same night through this promo.

What we don't know is this - will a hotel be able to cap the OVERALL number of rooms it offers under this promo as happens with Point Breaks (ie IC Paris says 'we will accept 200 booking nights on this deal for any dates and then we are closed') or will a hotel be able the cap the rooms per night offered (ie IC Paris says 'we will offer 1 room per night') in which case certain days are likely to remain available well into the future albeit for unpopular days. The distinction is important, because if its the first one, then the best hotels will cease to be available within hours of booking opening on 22nd May. If its the latter, you will find the odd unpopular day still available for booking come July.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
Ok, I got my first first two nights in, May 4th and 5th and the stay has posted. My Offers shows 0 for the free night promo, but I know it says they will be issued May 22nd.
OK, someone at IHG has gone in and fixed my account. Maybe they are reading Flyertalk? They took most of my points away and gave me a free night.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ebra
At least the stay x get y is supposed to work with the free nights promo, right?
Yes.
Old May 12, 2009, 11:17 am

OK, someone at IHG has gone in and fixed my account. Maybe they are reading Flyertalk? They took most of my points away and gave me a free night.
Snap, my account had the base and platinum points, and the anniversary points removed last night then this morning I had the anniversary bonus only along with a qualifying night for the promotion appearing in my offers.

So it's been fixed but I (probably foolishly) would have liked it to have been right in the first place... :/
Old May 12, 2009, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yes.
No. At least not for me. I had the bonus "stay" points and all the other bonuses for my may 4-6 stay, then they took them all away except for Anniversary and RA bonus, when they gave me my free night. I think the IHG computer is a bit confused.
Old May 12, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. At least not for me. I had the bonus "stay" points and all the other bonuses for my may 4-6 stay, then they took them all away except for Anniversary and RA bonus, when they gave me my free night. I think the IHG computer is a bit confused.
The question was if it was supposed to work. It is supposed to work. I suspect that in applying an at least semi-manual fix to your account they made a new error.
Old May 13, 2009, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
My stay booked more than 48 hours prior to registering for the free nights promo just posted. I received regular points and bonuses, no free nights credit.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: E50 MM
If participating in this promotion, does the welcome back bonus and 3K bonus etc. for your next stay (I recently entered those codes in) post?

Last edited by Rushfan1; May 13, 2009 at 7:33 am Reason: updated the word "program" to "promotion"
Old May 13, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
My stay booked more than 48 hours prior to registering for the free nights promo just posted. I received regular points and bonuses, no free nights credit.
I'm impressed they got the tech right.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: US-SP,Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum
4 nights last week posted, received the Anniversary bonus and my 2 free nights. 4 more nights booked for next week. Then will move all of my stays to another chain.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingLess
Then will move all of my stays to another chain.
It's amazing what they do to themselves with their promo terms.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by FlyingLess
4 nights last week posted, received the Anniversary bonus and my 2 free nights. 4 more nights booked for next week. Then will move all of my stays to another chain.
Ceate a spouse/partner PC account instead of moving on to another chain? You can add your name as guest and be able to check-in and use your own credit card.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Has anyone earned free nights using the F&F rate?
Old May 13, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
Has anyone earned free nights using the F&F rate?
The rate is not officially qualifying, so this is going to be property-specific. Some properties have been posting F&F rates as qualifying.
Old May 13, 2009, 1:04 pm
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Check with Ambassador why I didn't got my 2 free night for stay of 4 night from 04-May my account show regular points 2000 + 1000 + extras there replay sound weird

Dear Mr. Ym1,
Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center.
We would like to confirm that your account was registered for the Biggest Free Night Offer last xx April 2009. In addition, our records show that your stay at the InterContinental xxx last 04 May 2009 for four (4) nights qualified for the promotion.
Please be advised that an e-mail notification will be sent to Priority Club members (The e-mail will be sent to the email address that is on the Priority Club Member Profile at that time) beginning 22 May 2009 updating them of the status of their Free Nights.

I got the points on "My Offer Status" still show you have earned 0 of 4 nights, from the post here mails sent already Look as they have no idea how to deal with this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.