Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I interpret travel industry discount rates as travel agent discounts, etc.
Same for me. That would be TA fam rates, airline employees on travel status, etc. Also the ICH Family rate that some people are using.

To me this one is as confusing as the Free Airline Tickets promo last fall which turned out to be a variable credit. It seemed far too confusing and restrictive to take advantage of.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: ba miles
I am so confused and think I have really messed this up! I have 10 nights booked for May in 3 different ICs, I wanted to register for the double points but, the system wouldn't let me and I have registered for the Free Nights, but I booked the stays weeks ago - does that mean I am not getting the points or the free nights?

I have emailed Customer Services but not had a reply yet.

anyone have any ideas what I can do or have I really messed it up?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chipsodg
I am so confused and think I have really messed this up! I have 10 nights booked for May in 3 different ICs, I wanted to register for the double points but, the system wouldn't let me and I have registered for the Free Nights, but I booked the stays weeks ago - does that mean I am not getting the points or the free nights?
Potentially.

Maybe PCR can change your reservation.
Alternatively, can you cancel and rebook your reservations so you at least get the free nights offer?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:53 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by chipsodg

I have emailed Customer Services but not had a reply yet.

anyone have any ideas what I can do or have I really messed it up?
I think you have I'm afraid. The rules say that bookings from 48 hours before registration counts. You may be lucky and we may find that they don't have the IT. No one knows.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
I have a quick followup question on that. I signed up for the free night offer 2 days ago and made a booking for late May shortly afterwards. But under my offer status, it shows that Registration Date is 04 May 2009. Does that matter or does IHG keep track of the actual registration time? Thanks!

Originally Posted by soitgoes
You can book before May 4 for the Free Nights promo--earliest booking is 48 hours prior to promo registration.

Last edited by africansky; Apr 28, 2009 at 3:46 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by africansky
I have a quick followup question on that. I signed up for the free night offer 2 days ago and made a booking for late May shortly afterwards. But under my offer status, it shows that Registration Date is 04 May 2009. Does that matter or does ICH keep track of the actual registration time? Thanks!
No one knows, but the terms would indicate that you're fine. In addition, PCR has confirmed to me via e-mail that my registration is effective as of April 23 and reservations 48 hours prior to that will count.

I would definitely save your registration confirmation.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:02 pm
Suspended

There is no need to book two separate stays in order to obtain a free night, right?

I can also book one stay with two consecutive nights at my local Holiday Inn and then get one free night in the IC
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by nissan motor
There is no need to book two separate stays in order to obtain a free night, right?

I can also book one stay with two consecutive nights at my local Holiday Inn and then get one free night in the IC
Correct, the promo is based on nights, not stays.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rdchen
Correct, the promo is based on nights, not stays.
Wow, that is amazing, isn't it?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nissan motor
Wow, that is amazing, isn't it?
There's some uncertainty about free night availability and if certain properties will be excluded. Additionally, the promo is full of all sorts of restrictions. It pays to read the 1500+ words.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
I shoulda taken the points...

So I signed up for the Free Nights promotion at noon. In the next two months, I have a 5-day HIEx stay (booked by my company in January) and a 2-night HIEx stay (booked this afternoon).

I called the PC Platinum line and was told that the previously booked 5-day stay now will acquire no Free Night credit and no Priority Club points. I was told by the chipper Priority Club staffer that they can't un-sign me up, but I could always cancel and re-book my stay to get the Free Nights credit.

Since I'd have to face the wrath of my travel agents to do the un-booking, I don't think it'd be worth it. Add to that that we haven't been using IHG properties much, and I may have lost a shot at maintaining platinum for 2010.

I shoulda taken the points...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:10 pm

I think you will earn the points for the January booking (same as me as I had booked some stays before this promo - Great Asia Sale).

But you will not get the double points.

soitgoes mentioned something like slightly modifying your booking if you have access to it. Like adding a guest on the list to trigger an email from PC (something like that).
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
I called the Platinum line twice today, and the first answer was "Yes, you'll get points for an existing reservation." The second time around, I got "No, you'll not get points nor Free Night credit." Both said there was no way to undo the promotion registration.

The thing is, I really don't want to get Free Night credit for my 5-day stay. The Free Night timeframe seems kinda tight, and I may have to make bookings I wouldn't have done just to keep them from expiring unused (Or I may use them for wedding guests this June). If I get the points for the January booking, that will be the best of all worlds.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what people get. I can't imagine that IHG will let it stand that PC memebers get absolutely nothing for stays that have already been booked.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewsBruin
I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what people get. I can't imagine that IHG will let it stand that PC memebers get absolutely nothing for stays that have already been booked.
That is indeed the way the terms are written. It is unfair, I agree, and we don't know how the IT system will actually apply the terms.

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
soitgoes mentioned something like slightly modifying your booking if you have access to it. Like adding a guest on the list to trigger an email from PC (something like that).
I figure it can't hurt, and it triggers a Reservation Modification e-mail, so there's no harm in trying. It may or may not work.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I signed up for the Double points alternative, than I noticed too late, that it kicks in from the second stay. Now I have CP stay coming up, where I'd love to have the double points, so I might have to check in at the local HI to make the CP stay "second" This would cost me ca 70€ - is it worth it? This 70€ would get me ca 2500 points at the HI + 7000 as for the CP stay. Is it worth it? 70€ - 9500 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.