Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
And another warning:
1.) Will the redemption participation list be different from the earning participation list? \
2.) The "limited" rooms inventory for free nights is also a bit of a red flag. Atleast with SPG this is never an issue as long as any standard room is available.
As of 12/31/08, IHG had 4186 properties. There are 40 properties in Japan. They're advertising "more than 4,000" properties, so there's a little bit of a gap should they wish to exclude some high value props from redemption.

Yes, as you note, the "limited availability" think is not transparent. Reward night availability is generally pretty good with PC, but there is no guarantee and there is no clear indication that these free nights come out of the same inventory as reward nights (they may have a separate, more restrictive category).

I'd give this promo a C.

I also wonder if percentage-based 'bonus frequency credits' (double/triple/etc.) will be based on the normally-accrued base earnings or on the zero base earnings as a result of the promo (the terms say that 'bonus frequency credits' are earned even when registered during the promo period).
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Has anyone registered for this, when I try, it states promotion code not valid? Perhaps this is target promotion.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
Has anyone registered for this, when I try, it states promotion code not valid? Perhaps this is target promotion.
I think all PC members will be eligible. They are, however, still getting it set up.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I think all PC members will be eligible. They are, however, still getting it set up.
That still did not answer my question if others have been able to actually sign-up for this promotion with the pro code as listed.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That still did not answer my question if others have been able to actually sign-up for this promotion with the pro code as listed.
And I think you'll find few people signing up on FT right away. There's little incentive (perhaps negative incentive) to do so.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
And I think you'll find few people signing up on FT right away. There's little incentive (perhaps negative incentive) to do so.
Thanks for your continued feedback Soitgoes, but perhaps we should allow others to provide their feedback and thoughts if they are so inclined? Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your continued feedback Soitgoes, but perhaps we should allow others to provide their feedback and thoughts if they are so inclined? Cheers.
I'm not stopping anyone from providing feedback; I'm just trying to respond to the questions you asked.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
It does punish those that have more than 8 night stays during this period and if we can't earn those "bonus" points then it is definitely not a good promo for most people here.

Having only those bookings made after registration count also discourages me because a couple of my bookings are made using Travelzoo promos and are no longer available.

Wait and read the final T&C and feedback here before you sign up...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:21 pm

I think it's double points for me, but will wait for full details - we also need to be careful not to enter promotional codes for the next couple of weeks unless it's absolutely clear that they don't relate to this free nights or double points promotion, or you could find yourself signing up without realising it!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Guess who is off to Japan for a week while this promo is running .... unbelievable!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Guess who is off to Japan for a week while this promo is running .... unbelievable!
But at least you'll be able to earn Frequency Credits in Japan even if you are registered for this.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by ag51
I think it's double points for me, but will wait for full details - we also need to be careful not to enter promotional codes for the next couple of weeks unless it's absolutely clear that they don't relate to this free nights or double points promotion, or you could find yourself signing up without realising it!
I must have missed this - are we expecting a double points promotion from mid-May? If so, I think it sounds a lot better than the free nights promo (at least for me)
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by davidw70
I must have missed this - are we expecting a double points promotion from mid-May? If so, I think it sounds a lot better than the free nights promo (at least for me)
Yep, see post #9
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by davidw70
Stay any 2 nights from 4 May – 3 July 2009.
Get 1 FREE night to use from 3 July – 26 December 2009.
Registering on the 24th June and staying between the 25th June until the 3rd July is the optimum time to use this.
I can't see them backtracking and removing bonus point credits if a member has earned these prior to registering.

Raffles, I didn't realise you stayed at HI / HIX, even if it did mean a stay a IC Paris
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if you register for this promo, you forgo the Stay X get Y pts promo for the 2nd Quarter, as well as those ongoing, good for 90 days promos bonus points?

If the free nights are not redeemable in overseas ICs, then there is very little value in such promo, even if you can earn both pts and free nights...

IHG's recent rounds of promos, such as the Asia Sale, the F&F, and this Free Night... are really very poorly designed when comparing to its competitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.