Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by KRS
Maybe it could be useful to highlight the fact that consecutive bookings at IC typically don't receive more than the 2000 points
In my experience such stays are always qualifying.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
KRS - done, thanks
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:13 pm
sy7

Great job!

My only comment would be in the "qualifying rates" segment. According to the T&C, for Asia Pacific hotels, all "locally negotiated rates" count, and I've gotten stay credit for travel agent made reservations (where I paid the travel agent). This is actually unique to Priority Club--no other major hotel chain allows this I think (eg prepaid third party reservations that count for stay credit). Maybe other people could chime in with their experience?

For North/South America and the Caribbean, the T&C do say that locally negotiated rates that give >30% discount don't get points. It doesn't necessarily mean that you won't, but what it does mean is that if the stay doesn't post as qualifying, PC customer service probably won't give you credit for it. You're right though that this exclusion isn't in place for other geographical areas.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EMEA

Great thread! I had never seen EMEA used before, and had to google it to figure it out. Europe and Middle East.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Love the thread. It has already answer a couple of questions I had and I have been lurking this forum for almost a year now.

Only one thing unclear is that if it is a non-qualifying stay at IC, such as the the special $89 rate I obtained at IC Milwaukee, or the friends and family rate, will an Ambassador still get upgrades and other benefits?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Great thread! I had never seen EMEA used before, and had to google it to figure it out. Europe and Middle East.
.. and Africa
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:49 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Africa. This term has been around for donkey years.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sy7 - thanks for your input. I have now reworded that section based on what is actually in the T&C's, as well as adding a link to the T&C's themselves. I've also added the earning structure for ANA hotels in Japan which is also in the T&C's.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
Only one thing unclear is that if it is a non-qualifying stay at IC, such as the the special $89 rate I obtained at IC Milwaukee, or the friends and family rate, will an Ambassador still get upgrades and other benefits?
In theory, the rules on whether a rate qualifies for points or not has nothing to do with whether a hotel gives you AMB benefits or not.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Very very nice thread indeed!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

In reference to:
Originally Posted by Raffles
Section 3 – Royal Ambassador status... Some FT’ers have been told that their application will not be considered until they have been an Ambassador for one year...
Here's what happened to me:
  1. Started staying at PC hotels around 6 months ago.
  2. Registered for the stay free get ambassador promotion
  3. From Jan to Mar had roughly 10-15 IC stays (couple of different cities, a couple of repeats).
  4. Called a few days ago to ask about Ambassador status.
  5. Was offerred a chance to buy it - I asked about the promo - was told I qualified and it would take 6-8 weeks for it to be processed.
  6. I explained I traveled a lot, and the lady agreeded to make an ambassador - instantly I saw my status appear on the PC website.
  7. 24 hours later, my status had been changed to Royal Ambassador.

I never asked to be a Royal Ambassador - and I only called because I knew I had exceeded the promo terms.

Therefore I am concluding that it's not an absolute requirement that you be an ambassador for 1 year.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Apr 9, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Terrific thread Raffles!

I would also suggest ,like the previous OP ,that the qualifying rules for RA can apparently be quite flexible.I requalified on 29 paid nights(7 different ICs) within my Ambassador year and with still 2 months still to go.

Using just calender years -in this case 2008 ,total stays were 64 of which 40 were paid for and the rest reward nights.

Whatever criteria chosen, both were well below 50-60 paid stays.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. The number has actually been posted on the Ambassador Private Community by a PC representative and, not surprisingly, its in the range I quoted. Although logically the number of stays required to be in the top 1% is falling ...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
There are a couple references in this thread to the BOGOF cert now being valid for 12 months.

I'm probably showing my ignorance, but I thought it was always "use during the year of your membership" which would be 12 months. But apparently not.
I Renewed last Spring for July08-June09 and just discovered that my - unused - cert expired at the end of March. What's the story?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
There are a couple references in this thread to the BOGOF cert now being valid for 12 months.
my - unused - cert expired at the end of March. What's the story?
They used to expire in 9 months. Yes, it was annoying and silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.