Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
My condolences to Raffles who either just got made redundant, or is sleepless in Seattle and thus had a lot of spare time on his hands... But seriously, good show at consolidating all this information. Still, somehow I can't help but know there will be a new thread started in the next 48-hours which will ask something that is already included in this one!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Shareholder
My condolences to Raffles who either just got made redundant, or is sleepless in Seattle and thus had a lot of spare time on his hands
Honestly, only took about 3 hours - most of it was from the top of my head. And it wasn't 3 hours of my personal time .

turtlemichael - done
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Hi Raffles,

It's not quite correct:

Ambassador costs $150 per year, and runs from 12 months from the date of purchase
Initially Ambassador status is valid for at least 12 months, till the last day of the enrollment month.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
And perhaps a bit optimistic wrt. the RA referrals - last few have gone for 600 ($850) !
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:43 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Section 3 Royal Ambassador status

Do I need to rebook my existing bookings after I become Royal Ambassador?

You may want to rebook any flexible bookings you have, as your status is sent to the hotel at the time of booking and may not necessarily update until the day of arrival. This will help ensure (although nothing is certain) that your upgrade is allocated before you arrive.

Having a second shot at this as this gets asked quite a lot and my previous suggestion has rather hurtfully been ignored!

The answer almost adequately covers flexible bookings, but it is a bit imprecisie and doesn't cover either advanced purchase bookings at all and all bookings in properties where they upgrade immediately on booking and don't look at them until arrival on flexible, advanced purchase, and redemption bookings. This might mean bookings compete with more bookings on the day and upgrade potential is therefore compromised.

I therefore suggest rewording it something like:

You may want to cancel all existing flexible bookings you have already made including redemption bookings that were made before you became RA and rebook them to ensure your new status rather than your old status is correctly flagged.

For any other advanced bookings including those on non-cancellable inflexible rates bookings you should consider e-mailing the hotel and informing them of your new status with respect to those bookings. Your email should include your name, booking confirmation numbers and dates of your stay. This will help ensure (although nothing is certain) that your upgrade is allocated before you arrive.

Last edited by uk1; Mar 31, 2009 at 6:52 am
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
Might also be worth mentioning various promotions run throughout the year and to check out the Master Promo Thread
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
Having a second shot at this as this gets asked quite a lot and my previous suggestion has rather hurtfully been ignored!
Done - genuine oversight! All other comments above also added, including a second plug for Radioman !

I have also added some stuff about reward room categories, cancelling reward nights and why its a bad idea to collect airline miles instead of points.

Last edited by Raffles; Mar 31, 2009 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi (Me again),

Its amazing what you can do when waiting for software to run its tests....anyway:

Any Hotel/Anywhere - Maybe need a mention about this little gem which was very good to a lot of folk a year ago.

Another thing to advise people when booking a rate, use the best flexiable and maybe very close to the time if you know your making the trip you can use the advance booking, but you must make this booking prior to cancelling your original booking. Then afterwards cancel your original booking.

Then again maybe a bit too much information but its a decent way to book things for holidays and I have managed to save a few pounds (Thats UK pounds to you lot).

J
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold PC Plat Hilton Gold
Raffles,

Great job on updating the Master Thread^ Below are a couple of suggested additions that I have seen asked a few times recently.

Will I receive points and a qualifying night if I book a room using my account for someone else?

Officially no points and qualifying nights are only given to members who book, stay and pay using their account and credit card. But in reality you will get the points if you have booked the room using your account. To increase your chances of receiving the points add whoever is using the room as an additional guest when making the reservation.

Will I receive points on multiple rooms?

Yes but only at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental) for 10 or less rooms, you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the member's stay at the same hotel, and that their Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the member's reservation.
Generally anywhere else in the World you will only receive the points for your room no matter how many rooms you have booked under your account.

I have tried to answer them to the best of my knowledge but please correct if needed if they are added.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Radioman
Any Hotel/Anywhere - Maybe need a mention about this little gem which was very good to a lot of folk a year ago
Mentioned under 'Are there other redemption options?'

Originally Posted by Radioman
Another thing to advise people when booking a rate ....
Not sure if that is outside the scope of this thread, which is really to discuss PC and not the use of corporate codes, booking strategies, getting the best rate etc.

Dave S&V - done, thanks

PS. RA referral prices were mentioned earlier. I just looked on ebay and the last 3 sold in the UK went for 520, 600 (plus 3 postage!) and 687!! These are truly crazy prices which I can't even begin to justify now you don't get another referral - anyone staying enough nights to get their moneys worth would surely be up for RA anyway? I feel a bit of a mug not selling my last referral of my own now, since I'll only get 3-4 nights max out of it the way things are going.

Last edited by Raffles; Mar 31, 2009 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:54 am
uk1
Suspended

There is something missing that I think should be somewhere but I do not know where. Perhaps the master thread?

It's a general summary of current rates and their difference ie Fully Flexible, Advanced purchase, Friends and Family(?), Culture, Insider, etc -

My motive is in part to explain them but also to have a place to warn people that they need to read the terms for fully flexible before they commit themselves as they are often not fully flexible but are non-cancellable.

What do others think?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: IC PLat Elite
thank you for the new master thread :-)
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great work.

A few comments--

1) the breakfast cert redemptions are only for hotels in EMEA (and I think can only be redeemed to addresses in EMEA)
2) the IC Ambassador BOGO cert is now supposed to be valid for 12 months
3) PC benefits technically do apply to IC hotels, but since the guaranteed Gold and Plat benefits are so limited, not much can be expected (though all members should be able to request a 2pm late checkout (subject to availability), Plats can use the 72 hour reservation force, Plats can get a minor upgrade subject to availability (e.g., preferred room), Golds/Plats get the 10%/50% points earning bonus)
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks soitgoes, all added
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:20 pm
KRS

^ Excellent write-up!

Maybe it could be useful to highlight the fact that consecutive bookings at IC typically don't receive more than the 2000 points, and that you cannot earn at two (or more) different hotels simultaneously?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.