Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by og
My chosen room was not available before 18:00.
What type of room is your choice?

Their official policy is to let club guest stay until 16:00, so give and takes 2 hrs for cleaning and checking, it's gonna be around 18:00, nevertheless, they do offered you a temp room, right?

If you check out at the 16:00 time, you know how the other guest's feeling about not being able to occupy the room asap.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They must have been really full then. I guess it came down to smoking vs. non-smoking from the description. Yes they designate Club rooms as the ones that ar eon the higher floors in the 25th floor upwards region but if that does not matter to you than you can tell them that you don't mind another room on a lower floor with maybe a not so good view.

As mentioned many times over the rooms are basically very similar (almost identical) when looking at size, furnishings, electronics, bathrooms etc. regardless of Grand Deluxe, Executive or Club room. Just some minor layout differences.

Suites are a different story but that was not the case here I guess as the OP stated Club room or was that before any possible RA upgrade in which case we would be talking suites?

BTW, I was granted 18:00 checkout several times before by the club lounge manager in cases where I had to catch a 21:00 flight at BKK.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: TK E+
Why is it that IC BKK newer gives points for stays on pre-paid rates? I have had 5 stays here over the last 4 months and gotten points for non of them. All stays booked through the PC website. I have tried to solve the matter with the PC customer service but is just getting the standard "this is a non qualifying stay" answer.

I guess this is the policy for IC BKK? I can't remember any other IC's I have stayed at, not giving points for pre-paid rates.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aulrik
Why is it that IC BKK newer gives points for stays on pre-paid rates? I have had 5 stays here over the last 4 months and gotten points for non of them. All stays booked through the PC website. I have tried to solve the matter with the PC customer service but is just getting the standard "this is a non qualifying stay" answer.

I guess this is the policy for IC BKK? I can't remember any other IC's I have stayed at, not giving points for pre-paid rates.
Well you should definitely get the points and what the service Center tells you is absolute rubbish. Reply and say that this is an advance purchase rate booked via ichg website and such as per terms & conditions is qualifying and that you would like them to adjust this error immediately.

Who knows what high calibre CSR attended your inquiry, but I have always got my points for such stays.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by demue
If your stay is before April 31 consider the HI BKK next door on a PB rate of 5K PC points only.
April 31st? What calendar are you using?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
He did say that it was for a stay before the 31st which would cover all days that exist in April and no fictitious ones
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:43 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
What type of room is your choice?

Their official policy is to let club guest stay until 16:00, so give and takes 2 hrs for cleaning and checking, it's gonna be around 18:00, nevertheless, they do offered you a temp room, right?

If you check out at the 16:00 time, you know how the other guest's feeling about not being able to occupy the room asap.
On this occasion, it was a twin bed room. None available until 18:00. They were most insistent on giving a king bed room with a roll-a-way bed (completely unacceptable), then they wanted to give a smoking room (totally unacceptable). Bed & smoking options were clearly shown in the reservation. Ended up with a "temporary" room so we could freshen up and then change to the room as booked at 18:00. I asked if we could be moved to the next door HI - just to avoid the disruption of a room swap at 18:00 but it was full too.

IC had a problem. They accepted the booking with notations on requirements but couldn't deliver. Whats worse is that I booked a rate that included 10000 bonus points, but the bonus points failed to be credited to my PC account (chasing that one up today ).

Makes the IC BKK look pretty shabby no matter how good the lounge was.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Wasn't really thinking I guess. So no later than April 30 it is, but then the HI BKK is off the PB list as of a few hours ago from what I can tell so if the OP wasn't fast that option is gone anyways.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by slickalick
Does anyone have any recent experience as an ambassador on a F&F rate? I have booked two executive deluxe rooms and per the hotel reservations team, F&F is non-upgradable.
Originally Posted by demue
So you were hoping for Club rooms then right? Well the IC BKK does not upgrade F&F rates from what I have heard (not that I used it ever myself there as I stay on a corp rate, but friends did) unless maybe you put up a heck of a fight.
I stayed twice last year (sept and dec) on a F&F rate. Booked executive delux and was upgraded to Club room.
Maybe I was just lucky...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by gunlie
I stayed twice last year (sept and dec) on a F&F rate. Booked executive delux and was upgraded to Club room.
Maybe I was just lucky...
Well I think it is possible and not unheard off. However, as of late I have heard from a few colleagues and friends that they did not get any upgrade when booking under F&F rate as Amb (no RA experience in this case). Maybe a recent trend or just the question of getting the right reservations agent look at your booking. But in general the IC BKK does stick closely to the rules and goes not beyond what absolutely needs to be offered as per T&Cs.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Well, ok I'm right now the first night at the IC BKK. To avoid any problems I have booke a Club Room for already quite a high price compared to other great hotels here in Bkk.

I was upgraded to a Corner Suite as a RA like to read in this thread many times. The (my) corner Suite is only on the 20th floor what is disapointing to me. After discussion with Ambasssador/Club office they do not have a specified Club level floor. I was a littel confused because in the internet I ound level 31 to 36 is for Club level. I was told I can change room easly but I don't want for the 2nd night. (Pack and unpack)

I really do not get it if rooms are available on higher floor level why not giving them to RA's if the have already booked Club level.

I have asked what is my upgrade level now I was told you received two level upgrade. Level one to Corner Suite, level two to Club level. I said I have booked Club level already. After that it was quiet. Can we do anything else for you. I said "yes, please make sure the room is made before 4PM".

Room was not made before. And when I entered the room even the curtains where not opened. Yeah it does not make sence if the the nigth sevice is already comming a 6 PM.

I'm really disapointed by the lounge as well. Breakfast I was told is better to have on the groundfloor due to much higher assortment. Afternoon tee "Sorry the boiler for hot water is broken. We can not offer any tea. Please take coffee". Great m8s and this in 5 star hotel.

The evenig stuff was ok but not great. Not to compare to other IC hotels and really not worth to book club level.

Save you money and book standard room, this is my advice.

The room itself is good but not great.

Next time I will stay in another hotel. For example Banyam Tree, Suite, Club level including one way Limousine service from the Airport cost the same like standard club level room without anything at the IC these days. (For 2 night also limo back to the Airport would be included).

Next time I'll be not loyal to IC - I'll be loyal to myself and book the best price compared to best service and benefit.

This is one of the exprience what makes me mad and I really in front of sendind my RA card back to the service center. What is at least my benefit. Only the minibar? Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fred8ab
I have asked what is my upgrade level now I was told you received two level upgrade. Level one to Corner Suite, level two to Club level. I said I have booked Club level already. After that it was quiet. Can we do anything else for you. I said "yes, please make sure the room is made before 4PM".
The hotel doesn't have "club rooms" per se, a club room is just a standard room with club access

The upgrade from a standard room is to a standard room with club access or to Corner Suite with no club access

The upgrade from a standard room with club access is to a corner suite with club access

It would seem that you got the room upgrade as would be expected plus the other RA benefits such as minibar use

As far as the quality of the hotel in lounge etc, I am not that impressed and dislike the corner suites due to the noise from outside (at weekends at least ) when I have stayed there and prefer to stay at the HI next door where I can get their top suite with club access for price of a club room at the IC
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Hi all. Apologies if this is already covered somewhere in this thread, but I've done a quick search and can't find much. I've been googling how to get to the IC and if I'm correct, it's next to Chit Lom Station. It appears that to get there, you take the Airport City Line, and then change to the dark green line at Phaya Thai, the to the light green line at Siam

Is that correct? Is there an easier way?

Also, it seems that there's a machine at the airport at the entrance to the City Line that gives you a token in exchange for money. Again, is that correct please?

Lastly, it looks like the AE3 bus goes from the airport to CentralWorld. Is that a viable alternative, or just a plain silly idea?

This will be our first time in Thailand, so any assistance gratefully received

Thanks all ^
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by markdg
how to get to the IC.......
I suggest getting a public taxi from the airport, they are cheap and plentiful, less than 300 baht (£6) including Toll Plaza charges.

By law the driver must use his meter, there is a 50 baht surcharge to pay although the total should still be under 300 baht.

As this is your first time in Thailand it would probably be the least stressful option.

Be aware of floods in the south and have a good trip.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12903505
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by midnight
I suggest getting a public taxi from the airport, they are cheap and plentiful
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.