Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:10 pm

I have leftover free drink coupons from a few years ago. I wonder if they will take them on my stay next month.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Isn’t there a date on it?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:36 am

No date, name or room number were filled in and no exp date. If they don't issue them anymore they will know they are old, but will they care.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Just had a couple of night there again as Spire.

Booked a bog standard room, and got upgraded to a high floor (43rd) TS view king. At check received a $25 per day voucher for food and beverage, 2 beverage vouchers (can be used for beer, wine etc at the bar or coffee or something else at the Grind&Co stand), and a beverage and snack voucher which from experience can be used for pretty much any drink or cocktail at the bar.

As I arrived at my room I got a text message asking me whether everything was ok to which I replied all was good except would be nice to have some water in the room (no mini bar at all), and within 5 minutes I was sent up 4 bottles of complimentary water.
Received another text the following afternoon to check everything was ok, and whether I needed anything, which I thought was a great touch.

Used the $25 credits for dinner at the bar one night, and for a few breakfast items and coffee and Grind & Co one morning, so didn't take advantage of the $16 breakfast offer for Platinum and Spires this time.

All in all, I still like this property, and the customer service is attentive.

Last edited by clubman; Feb 11, 2020 at 12:39 am
Old May 8, 2021, 1:17 pm

Is this property closed? We have reservations for the end of June, just checking around the site and calling the hotel but no available dates and no answer at all.

I don't see updates on the website, hopefully it's just a glitch...
Old May 9, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by calculus1918
Is this property closed? We have reservations for the end of June, just checking around the site and calling the hotel but no available dates and no answer at all.

I don't see updates on the website, hopefully it's just a glitch...
When I checked a few weeks ago I could not see any available dates either. After playing around with the calendar a bit, it appeared they were accepting bookings as of July. I looked again a few days ago and the start date has been pushed back to September.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:45 pm

The strange thing is that there are no updates on their website. We have reservations for 3 nights at the end of June (used the Chase Free Certificate and the resort fee), hope there are no issues...

Better communication from the hotel would be appreciated, good luck!!!
Old May 9, 2021, 1:21 pm

Just checked with IHG and they stated that this property has stop all operations until 5-31. Hopefully it will reopen for June, fingers crossed, good luck!!!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
A very complicated mess: "Crowne Plaza in Times Square entangled in legal battle"
https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/crowne...-legal-battle/
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
CP Times Square Re-opened

Seems that the extended ownership battle over the building has been resolved and the CP on Broadway and 49th Street NYC re-opened Nov 1. If anyone has stayed there since the re-opening, could you please post info about your experience: good, bad, or just in-between?

Thanks!

Last edited by bob12403; Nov 29, 2022 at 12:48 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:13 am

It's now approximately 4 months since the CP Times Square re-opened. Bumping this up on the assumption that by now a few FT folks have stayed there and might be able to offer some first-hand info on the property. Anyone?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:59 pm

I walked thru the other day on a Friday. Restaurant/bar doesn't open until 5pm
Old Oct 6, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bump. Any recent stay experiences? Considering it for a stay in November. While I am not a big fan of the Times Square area, the award stay rates at this CP are very reasonable for Manhattan. Anyone been able to get the destination fee waived for award stays?

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Oct 10, 2023 at 7:39 am
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bump Again. Any recent stay experiences?

--Jon
Old Oct 21, 2023, 7:18 am

The cafe is not open yet, only grab and go counter. The hotel doesn't provide breakfast/voucher for Diamond elites.
After having IHG agent talk to their front desk manager, the front desk manager agreed to provide a one-time $20 credit. Given I have a 2-night stay, I intended to cut my stay short to 1 night. Then the manager finally offered $20 credit per night.
IHG agent also opened a case to further investigate this. Hopefully this can be rectified for all Diamond members soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.