Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
RAs get complimentary club access, and yes, the club is open on the weekends. I always book the California Staycation package that includes buffet breakfast at Luce, so haven't actually ever had breakfast in the club, so can't comment on that. I have noticed however that their food offerings during tea & evening cocktail time have been getting whittled down slowly over time.

Nearby attractions would depend entirely on your interests and family composition (ages, etc.). The Ferry Building down at the end of Market St is great for wandering around, especially if the farmer's market is going on. Union Square is within walking distance for general shopping, etc. You could get a cable car there and head over to Fisherman's Wharf, the ultimate tourist attraction. Alcatraz is a great trip, everyone should do it once -- though you should book that in advance if you're thinking of doing it.

Enjoy the IC SF. It's a nice property.
How is the breakfast at the Luce? Is it good with a wide variety of choices? I like having a "BIG" breakfast before i head out.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anaggie
How is the breakfast at the Luce? Is it good with a wide variety of choices? I like having a "BIG" breakfast before i head out.
Speaking only for the buffet, I find it to be slightly sub-par hotel buffet/brunch food. It's $30 with all the standard fare -- fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, eggs (not to order -- scrambled), sausage, bacon, etc., croissants/breads, the usual. Service I have always found to be really lacking at breakfast.

There is certainly enough there to fill up on, of course, if that is your goal. Personally I would not pay $30 for it, but get it because it's included in the package price (which is usually a great deal for CA residents).
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
I emailed the hotel but did not get a reply. What kind of upgrade can I expect for Ambassador (not RA) on a Free Night?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Speaking only for the buffet, I find it to be slightly sub-par hotel buffet/brunch food. It's $30 with all the standard fare -- fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, eggs (not to order -- scrambled), sausage, bacon, etc., croissants/breads, the usual. Service I have always found to be really lacking at breakfast.

There is certainly enough there to fill up on, of course, if that is your goal. Personally I would not pay $30 for it, but get it because it's included in the package price (which is usually a great deal for CA residents).
nah...I will just go to the club and save the $30/night. If it is like the one in the HKG Grand Stanford, then I will pay for that one. That is one awesome spread !!!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:57 am

Breakfast is the Club lounge is sufficient but nothing like the breakfast buffets you get in Far Eastern/SE Asian hotels - there's always scrambled eggs plus breads, bagels, croisants etc, hams, smoked salmon, cheeses and fresh fruit - definately enough choice to fill yourself up for a few hours.

SF is an easy city to walk around - we walked virtually everywhere and the public transport/taxis were cheap and easy. There's a trolley car Line F that goes along Market and will take you to the Mission District in one direction and the Ferry Building in the other. A great walk from the hotel is over to Union Sq then down through north Point on Columbus to Fisherman's Wharf.

BTW we ate at the R&G Lounge - don't order the salt and pepper crab if there is only 2 of you!! Other restaurants we ate at and really enjoyed were, Range in the Mission District, One Market, Slanted Door and Kokkari.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Can't fail to mention Bubba Gump's at Fisherman's Wharf
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:40 am

At the hotel right now, and here is what RA's get:

Upgrade to Junior Suite
Complimentary mini bar as usual !!
Club Access -- yet to access it as we came in late last night.
In room internet is complimentary -- very hard to find at most IC's.

this is better than almost all the IC's I have stayed at. I am also very impressed with the room/decor/service with this hotel.

Breakfast at the the LUCE -- good breakfast. I asked for French Press coffee and they delivered excellent coffee. After that, I asked for 2 plates of eggs over easy and they came out PERFECT (I am very picky with my eggs) !!

The fruits were very sweet -- blackberries/pineapple and watermelon. Had 2 plates of fruit because they were so good. The service was amazing -- I left a 25% tip becuase they did a bang up job.

We are heading to the wharf via taxi to show it to our 4yr old. Lunch at the wharf and then dinner at Great Eastern. Doorman at the hotel said that is better than R&G Lounge and he eats there all the time and he did not recieve anything for that since he did not give me his name or give me a card with his name on it. He wrote it on a yellow post it.

So, I will report back later tonight on the club and dinner.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Queen438
I emailed the hotel but did not get a reply. What kind of upgrade can I expect for Ambassador (not RA) on a Free Night?
The hotels does honor benefits on free nights.

I was traveling with a friend who was an Ambassador and they were upgraded to an Exec room which is nothing more than a room on a high floor and about 40 more square feet of space.

I dont think they give club access to non RAs.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:25 pm

Club lounge is nice and the receptionist in the evening is HOT HOT HOT !!

the drinks/snacks are good in choice. The wines are of lower quality but since I drink vodka with cranberry juice, what do I care?

Did not make it to the Chinese dinner since since wife and kid were not too hungry. Instead stayed in and orderd pizza -- huge mistake. Pizaa arrives 2 hrs later and cold...total waste.

Do not order from Uncle Vito's Pizza.

All in all, the hotel is fantastic and the service is impeccable.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:44 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Can anyone private msg or post in the thread a live email address for this hotel that is likely to get a reply.

I tried emailing the hotel using the standard email and got no reply after almost 2 weeks.

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: IC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cbrendan
Can anyone private msg or post in the thread a live email address for this hotel that is likely to get a reply.

I tried emailing the hotel using the standard email and got no reply after almost 2 weeks.

Thanks
Sent, by private msg, e-mail address for the (Director of Front Office).

Best Wishes,
BazzaS
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by BazzaS
Sent, by private msg, e-mail address for the (Director of Front Office).

Best Wishes,
BazzaS
Thanks!

Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Just as an FYI to anyone looking to stay here over the holidays -- the club will be closed during that time.

Was about to book over the US Thanksgiving weekend but noted this posted on their website (kudos to them for at least letting folks know):

Please note that the Club Lounge will be closed from Nov 22 to Dec 01 and from Dec 19 to Jan 08.

All other Club amenities will still be available to you, but in lieu of Lounge access you will receive American buffet breakfast for 2 in our restaurant, 2 cocktails in our Bar, and a $50 credit towards any Spa service that exceeds $100.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
A friend and I (both RA) booked two rooms at the IC SF. We are each staying two weekend nights. I booked an Executive and he booked a Deluxe. I emailed the hotel regarding upgrades, and they informed me that they upgrade any of the lower room categories to Jr Suites, so there was no point in booking a Deluxe or Executive room. We wanted confirmed upgrades to a 1 bedroom suite and King Bay suite.

The hotel informed us that we must book a Jr Suite to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom (1 category upgrade!).

They informed me that it would be an extra $750/night for the Bay Suite and an extra $1000/night for a Terrace Suite.

Does that seem right? The Jr Suite isn't the type of room that I want, so I don't think I'll stay at the hotel if that is what they give me. If I have to book a Jr Suite to get the 1 bedroom suite I can't use a BOGO.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:19 am

Programs: IC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jgsx
A friend and I (both RA) booked two rooms at the IC SF. We are each staying two weekend nights. I booked an Executive and he booked a Deluxe. I emailed the hotel regarding upgrades, and they informed me that they upgrade any of the lower room categories to Jr Suites, so there was no point in booking a Deluxe or Executive room. We wanted confirmed upgrades to a 1 bedroom suite and King Bay suite.

The hotel informed us that we must book a Jr Suite to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom (1 category upgrade!).

They informed me that it would be an extra $750/night for the Bay Suite and an extra $1000/night for a Terrace Suite.

Does that seem right? The Jr Suite isn't the type of room that I want, so I don't think I'll stay at the hotel if that is what they give me. If I have to book a Jr Suite to get the 1 bedroom suite I can't use a BOGO.
It seems right to me.

Some posters have 'struck lucky', and been given e.g. a Bay Suite as an upgrade, but there is no requirement for the hotel to do so, providing they are meeting their obligation.

I also feel the hotel has been fair letting you know they upgrade to Jr Suite from a basic room - so you can avoid paying extra for a deluxe/exec that won't 'improve' your upgrade.

Best Wishes,
BazzaS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.