Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Received both a phone call and email in response to the issues I raised about my stay two weekends ago. I had sent an email to one of the customer service people at the hotel, pretty much setting out what I posted here. They apologized for the oversights and pledged to better train their front line desk staff about the Ambassador/RA program. I was also advised to contact one of these people directly when I planned my next stay there, and offered some PC points as a "make-up" gesture.

I do want to stress that I have no issue with the staff at the Club IC lounge who were exemplary in providing service and personal recognition. And resolving on the spot most of the problems I encountered.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
I was at the IC this past weekend and not had a chance to post my feedback at this hotel.

Few brief points...

RA benefit fully granted.

Booked 1 King Junior Suite and got upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Full Suite ($750 value) a week before arrival.

Welcome letter in room along with fruit platter, designer evian bottled water.

Granted Club Access as per others have had.

Room was 3302 on very top floor. Lovely wall seating to sit and take in the view but I think I would prefer a corner junior suite next time as I prefer larger open plan than 2 rooms and the corner suites have floor to ceiling windows.

For info...if you have Club Access then ask for an internet code in the lounge. This is valid for wifi internet access ANYWHERE in the hotel including back in your room ^

I don't think I would pay for Club access unless it came with the room and I was using a Free Weekend Voucher. The club is small, probably 3 bedrooms knocked together. The breakfast is satisfactory but you ware always waiting for something as they bring out maybe 6 glasses, 6 slices of cream cheese etc and when it is gone you wait a while as the staff are busy refreshing items or clearing tables.

I didn't bother going back for high tea or evening drinks as it just didn't have the atmosphere of other lounges and I preferred to have a drink from the minibar and have a much better view from the 33rd floor.

On checkout all charges for the minibar were removed without having to ask. They even removed the charge for a shirt that was cleaned. Not sure if that was intentional!

Just waiting to see if the points post correctly after having used a Free Night voucher.

I will probably use this property over the Mark Hopkins in future as it is much better placed and the rates are better and with luck the Club Lounge will become and RA benefit!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
This must be to compete with the great rate of $125 a night offered by Travelzoo for the Le Meridien San Fran a few weeks ago. I already have a room booked there for the 4th of July weekend, but I may change it to the IC as we'll be Ambassadors and would probably get a very sweet room!! (I'm only a Gold Starwood member)
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Thank you! Already had 2 nights booked at 179, so I just rebooked.

I know people have said the earlier TZ rate was a qualifying rate (in the IC SF thread), so can anyone confirm if this also should be? One of my reasons for picking IC is to get 1 of my 5 IC stays out of the way to re-qualify for RA. If this doesn't count, I'd rather pay more and use a BOGO.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
I booked already before - the rate has now gone down by $20 ish. But they have cleared a King Exec upgrade AND club access for us - and I am just Ambassador. Probably not worth rebooking as it will muck up the upgrades?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
Wish I'd known this ...

Originally Posted by Aerotec
For info...if you have Club Access then ask for an internet code in the lounge. This is valid for wifi internet access ANYWHERE in the hotel including back in your room ^
...very good info. I poached off one of the 35 or so signals I picked up on the 32nd floor. The IC wireless was always the strongest; but at $14.95/day ....
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: A few....
Originally Posted by Aerotec
I was at the IC this past weekend and not had a chance to post my feedback at this hotel.

Few brief points...

RA benefit fully granted.

Booked 1 King Junior Suite and got upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Full Suite ($750 value) a week before arrival.

Welcome letter in room along with fruit platter, designer evian bottled water.

Granted Club Access as per others have had.

Room was 3302 on very top floor. Lovely wall seating to sit and take in the view but I think I would prefer a corner junior suite next time as I prefer larger open plan than 2 rooms and the corner suites have floor to ceiling windows.

I don't think I would pay for Club access unless it came with the room and I was using a Free Weekend Voucher. The club is small, probably 3 bedrooms knocked together. The breakfast is satisfactory but you ware always waiting for something as they bring out maybe 6 glasses, 6 slices of cream cheese etc and when it is gone you wait a while as the staff are busy refreshing items or clearing tables.

I didn't bother going back for high tea or evening drinks as it just didn't have the atmosphere of other lounges and I preferred to have a drink from the minibar and have a much better view from the 33rd floor.

On checkout all charges for the minibar were removed without having to ask. They even removed the charge for a shirt that was cleaned. Not sure if that was intentional!

Just waiting to see if the points post correctly after having used a Free Night voucher.

I will probably use this property over the Mark Hopkins in future as it is much better placed and the rates are better and with luck the Club Lounge will become and RA benefit!
Excellent...thanks for all the info. I have plans to be there in a month's time and appreciate the write up.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:14 pm

I just returned from a long weekend at this property. (Thurs-Sunday)

I arrived on Thursday at noon, and had no problem with early check in, I was upgraded from a double superior to a deluxe double on the 28th floor with club access for two. I received an amenity of fruit and water, 4 20 % off spa treatment vouchers, and a letter informing of the club hours and complimentary pressing ( 2 items per day) and a free movie.
We spent a lot of time in the hotel so we were able to sample all of the club services, breakfast was fine, beer/sodas available all day. The all day snacks were granola bars and yougurts.
High tea consisted of salmon sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, and tomato sandwiches. The later "pre dinner" service changes every night.
They offer 4 wines (2 reds and 2 whites) plus a sparkling, vodka, scotch, brandy, campari, tequila, along with the mixers, plus garnishes of olives, lemons, etc. All self serve. Martini glasses but no shaker
One night the food items were sashimi, sushi, pates, cheeses/crackers, and a selection of pastries. The next evening they offered lamb chops, grilled chicken breasts with vegs. and another selection of pastries. The 3rd evening was almost the same but switched from lamb chops to pork chops.
The sweet dreams services is the same every night, after dinner drinks, cookies, pastries, and chocolates.
The lounge staff was very friendly and helpful. I did ask for the wifi code but since it was down, they offered me room access free of charge for the my entire stay. ( It was down all day, every day I was there)

The room worked out great for us, the furnishings/beds were comfortable and the maids did a great job in keeping our room tidy.
Room service was efficient/fast for us. We ordered from it a few times and always arrived within 15-20 minutes. The spa facilities and staff were also great, the only thing I found odd that there are no lockers in the gym ( only in the spa) if you go for a swim you end up going back to your room, with wet trunks. The spa therapists we chatted with during treatments came from good spas (Four Seasons, St. Regis, Ritz) and mentioned they were much happier working for this property.

I paid for my stay/services in the club the day of departure, and when I told her I would be checking out at 4:00 PM, she made it clear it would not be a problem should I decide to stay later than that.

Every member of the staff I dealt with here was very helpful/friendly.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC E
Non Qualifying

I have been watching my PC account since checking out of IC on Apr 13 after a two night stay which included 1 night BOGO. Finally the stay posted as non-qualifying. Have sent email in first instance to Service Center. The rate was AAA, so not sure why it would be non-qualifying?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA1P
Lowly Ambassador here. I emailed [email protected] to inquire about the club access since I had recycled the postcard thinking why would I need a room in SF when I live in the Bay Area but the wife wants to celebrate bday weekend in the city. They informed me that I need to bring the postcard or no club access. From what I'm reading, others have gotten club access without the postcard? Only RAs or Ambassadors too?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
From what I have been reading all Ambassadors and RA's have been getting Club Access at check in.

I would book a non club room and see what happens and if no Club room given then just mention some friends had stayed recently and recommended the hotel and told you they were giving free Club access for the first stay.

Or, if you find it, keep the postcard and pull it out if they give you any nonsense!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: dl plat
breakfast inclusive rate

I have not heard mention of the breakfast in this thread. Have people tried it or just gone to the lounge?

I booked the breakfast rate for a weekend stay and am curious about what exactly this includes. Does the rate provide for a full breakfast at the main restaurant? Is it a la carte, can one order it through room service?

Also, is it possible to use the BOGO cert with this rate, or will breakfast be charges separately on that day?

PS... I am a (very un-regal) ambassador.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I had an interesting experience here this week. Was actually checked into a Hilton property and went to visit a FT friend staying at the IC.

I was introduced to quite a few staff members, including the Guest Relations Manager who insisted I move over to their hotel. A call was made, I was traded by the manager for a tour of the new hotel (I feel so cheap, dirty and used. ), checked out of the Hilton without penalty, and sent by hotel car to pick up my belongings.

I was given corner room #2X19 directly across from my FT friend at #2X20, was given lounge access and late check-out. Was offered a tour of the Spa, the Pres Suite and who knows what else, but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. I'll swing by next time I'm in town, on a weekday.

Slept a whole four hours because I was up till 2am photographing the view. Had a nice, lite breakfast. Didn't eat the hot items 'cause I don't like eggs. Met the GM after breakfast. Napped a couple hours, then checked out in the lounge in the afternoon.

The service was outstanding, but had I been a "regular" PC Gold Lite guest off the street (ummm, myself), my stay would've been very different. Probably good, but certainly not as good.

I look forward to my next stay, but as a Hilton Diamond, I'm not sure when that'll be.

My photos will be up by the end of this weekend. I'll post a link.

It's been a few days. Should the stay have posted by now?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sounds almost like you were kidnapped! Sounds quite interesting, though, and they went the extra mile for you.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by boxo
I was introduced to quite a few staff members, including the Guest Relations Manager who insisted I move over to their hotel. A call was made, I was traded by the manager for a tour of the new hotel (I feel so cheap, dirty and used. ), checked out of the Hilton without penalty, and sent by hotel car to pick up my belongings.
IMHO that is way out of the line from the IC's part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.