Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO that is way out of the line from the IC's part.

Why do you make such a stupid statement, other than the fact that you are a controversial poster.
I was very grateful that the IC went the extra mile to ensure that a friend could stay on my last evening there.
I had morning coffee with the GM and ---horror of horrors--- he kissed me as i left and thanked me for staying at the IC. Are you going to sneer at that also?
They know how to treat people well at the SFO IC. Try it yourself instead of .....ing.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by braefoot
I had morning coffee with the GM and ---horror of horrors--- he kissed me as i left and thanked me for staying at the IC. Are you going to sneer at that also?
If the GM was same sex as you (and the kiss French) I wouldn't mind at all.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Now, now. Settle down. Obviously there were certain professional courtesies exchanged. I didn't exactly jump at the offer right away, feeling a tiny bit of loyalty to HH. No regrets; I enjoyed myself.

As usual, I had more than I thought. I sorted and sorted to avoid redundancy. Here you go. My Flickr set.

ADD: Some photos have notes, which you can only see by clicking on the photo.

Last edited by boxo; Apr 28, 2008 at 1:36 am
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
I recently became an IC Ambassador, and tried e-mailing IC SF with a few questions;

1. Will I be able to use my free night voucher as part of a Travelzoo $129 stay? I'm in need of using it, and haven't got any other upcoming weekend stays before it expires.

2. Do they offer complimentary club access to first time vistiors with just Ambassador status?

I haven't got any answers yet, even though I mailed them of Thursday night ([email protected]). Are they ignoring the cheap customer who just want the freebies here?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
The answers are yes to both questions.
I used the travelzoo rate and a bogo cert.
I know they were going to be very busy on Thursday as they were having all the GMs from the US there.
You have a PM.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
What is the point about ambassadors first time visits getting free club access? that would be a nice little perk
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fantastic pictures boxo, thanks!^
Old May 21, 2008, 6:53 am
uk1
Suspended

£75 -- Intro Special at San Francisco Hotel, 40% OFF

Of no use to me .... but may be to others ... so posted in case. A new Travelzoo alert with dates:

Be among the first to stay at the brand-new Intercontinental San Francisco with this £75 (US$129) per night introductory special - that's 40% OFF what you'll usually pay at this 4-star hotel.

The £75 rate is valid over the following dates:

22-23, 25-27, 29-31 May

Or, stay over the following dates for £81:

1, 12-13, 19-29 June
2-6, 11-13, 18-20, 24-25 July
1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 30-31 August 1 September

You must book by 30 May.
How to book: To reserve a room directly with InterContinental San Francisco - all rates will be displayed in US Dollars. Alternatively call 001 866 781 2364 and mention rate code Travelzoo.
Old May 21, 2008, 4:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Though far from a 10 I had a great stay at the IC San Francisco ^
Yes there are some shortcomings but when all else is said
The hotel is quite well insulated from noise
The beds are great helping to get a very good nights sleep
(New Orleans IC could use these beds)
A number of the team members are very good to exceptional
A handful there are also walking impersonal robotic bodies milling about
The location excellent despite some of the other comments
The neighborhood fine for a city (if you think this area is dodgy see Mission and 16th where I ate dinner nearby in new hip and trendy establishment)
As in all cities beware of your surroundings and who is lurking about
Minutes to Union Square, the Ferry Building/ Market Place (all easy walk)
Just blocks to Market.And a cross the street from Bloomindales and Nordstrom and the Moscone Center

Nice Exec lounge though food offerings went from awful/pathetic to satisfactory.Even lower end properties don't sink this low yet some select items were also excellent

The value exceptional during the promotional rate period as discussed
I am won over and this will now be in my top 5 choices anytime returning to the city without question
Not so much a wow factor as a much as a solid attractive comfortable property with reasonably high standards that brings one a fully enjoyable delightful stay
On par IMO with everything but the top tier oiled high end properties.
This one will be the one to watch if they don't mess it up.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 22, 2008 at 11:15 pm
Old May 21, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Splitting my weekend between the Clemnt Monterey and IC SF. Looking forward to comfortable beds after a long week of work in the area. HIX in Monterey is nice but its no IC :-)
Received my confirmation phone call from IC-SF guest relations, as well.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Just want to confirm that the postcard promo (club access + free internet + free drink at Bar 888) can be used in conjunction with the Travelzoo rate?
Old May 22, 2008, 11:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Explore
Just want to confirm that the postcard promo (club access + free internet + free drink at Bar 888) can be used in conjunction with the Travelzoo rate?
yes^ Living proof here
No bogos added to that
Though that is a guess based on verbiage in the printed mailing
Travel Zoo is more like a promotional rate/discount or a negotiated rate
Not really a special offer as much as a reduced rate IMO
Old May 24, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
just stayed a couple night last weekend here and loved it. Stayed at several different hotels during my week in SF(incl the Palace, St. Regis, Westin Market St.). With the exception of St. Regis, the IC SF was the best of them. Great decor and modern furnishings. Lovely bathroom. Some touches(eg doorbell and do not disturb buttons) that I found only at a 5 star hotel like the St. Regis. Got a great corner room. Would definitely stay there again.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Thought I'd add my thoughts on this new hotel as well. After a chaotic check-in - first to the front desk, then the unstaffed RA desk and finally the Club with our luggage mislaid and it all taking 30 minutes at a slow time, my first impression was that it was bit like the early rounds of American Idol - everyone's cute but there is not a lot of talent.

However, over the next few days they won me over. The upgrade was as expected, the room was large and very comfortable(a Junior suite), the gym and pool were great and the Club was top notch. Most of all the almost universal enthusiasm of the staff gave the hotel a lively and welcoming feel. I have to add that this was after a few days at the Barclay IC where they have disdain for the guest down to an art form.

On the Club I found the breakfast and the evening savouries good. Drinks were the usual American range. It is small and comfortable and again staffed by enthusiastic people proud of their new hotel. Allowing us to us the club until 7.00pm after checkout prior to a late flight was a good added benefit as well.

All up, happily stay there again.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hi,

I didn't know there was an RA desk. Where is it? There is a Guest Relations desk on the left of the Concierge Desk but I don't recall it being dedicated to RA checkins and its not staffed that often.

When I arrive I often go straight up to the Club on the 6th floor and then know and check-in there.

Of the 5 staff members in the club 4 are really great - IMO. The 5th is average as things go.

On a side topic - where do people park other than valet? The garage one block down is $30 per day and that can span more than 24hrs. I've had a car there about 40hrs and it was still the single day charge.

Now you don't have to ask for an internet code at the club as an RA. As an RA they are now taking it off your bill if you ask.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Thought I'd add my thoughts on this new hotel as well. After a chaotic check-in - first to the front desk, then the unstaffed RA desk and finally the Club with our luggage mislaid and it all taking 30 minutes at a slow time, my first impression was that it was bit like the early rounds of American Idol - everyone's cute but there is not a lot of talent.

However, over the next few days they won me over. The upgrade was as expected, the room was large and very comfortable(a Junior suite), the gym and pool were great and the Club was top notch. Most of all the almost universal enthusiasm of the staff gave the hotel a lively and welcoming feel. I have to add that this was after a few days at the Barclay IC where they have disdain for the guest down to an art form.

On the Club I found the breakfast and the evening savouries good. Drinks were the usual American range. It is small and comfortable and again staffed by enthusiastic people proud of their new hotel. Allowing us to us the club until 7.00pm after checkout prior to a late flight was a good added benefit as well.

All up, happily stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.