Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by edlin303
The IC SF gave us club access (may not apply anymore), a large room with a large bathroom, LCD TV, floor to ceiling windows, etc. Very well stocked minibar.
It does still apply - I'm arriving on Saturday 6th Sept for 3 nights and after an e-mail to the hotel

"...upgraded you to one of our high floored Junior Suites and given you Club Lounge Access because of your Royal Ambassador Membership."^
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by rupert_s
It does still apply - I'm arriving on Saturday 6th Sept for 3 nights and after an e-mail to the hotel

"...upgraded you to one of our high floored Junior Suites and given you Club Lounge Access because of your Royal Ambassador Membership."^
Great news. As long as they continue that, I would not choose the MH over the IC SF. Without it I might be conflicted if MH had lower rates for a given period, but I still prefer the nice new rooms and amenities.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, AC SE, UA 1K, IC Plat A
For those of you who wants to enjoy a good cup of coffee when you wake up at IC san fran, there is a very very very good LOCAL (not starbuck) coffee shop close by. (2 blocks down). A cup of latte and a thick toast (4.5$) is a good match.

here is the address:
Blue Bottle Cafe‎ - more info »
66 Mint St, San Francisco, CA, United States - (415) 495-3394‎

good luck
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor

May I know which email address you used to email the property?

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
May I know which email address you used to email the property?

Thanks.
icsf [at] ihg.com

(currently in the IC-SF club lounge nibbling on breakfast)
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
icsf [at] ihg.com

(currently in the IC-SF club lounge nibbling on breakfast)
Club lounge manager replied my email, granting lounge access for RA, but said this policy can change anyday and advise me to check each time I book my stay.

Upgraded two levels from a jr. suite to a one bedroom bay view suite. One level upgrade would be to the one bedroom suite without the bay view.

Welcome gift of discounted I-SPA services, bottle of wine with cheese and crackers, fruit plate with a large bottle of Evian water. Complimentry first movie and 4 pm late check-out. ^
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got back from the IC SF and had an amazing stay. Ended up in the bay view suite, and for anyone interested I wrote a trip report with pics, which can be found here.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Excellent trip report Lucky, thanks for including so many pictures, they really help to give me a good feel for the place....

I think I might have to stretch my budget for this one early next year (along with buying Amb status beforehand).
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:36 am

Did anyone else recently get charged for food from the minibar (pretzels, nuts, chocolates, etc...)? My last experience at this hotel was that they didn't, I was surprised that they did this past weekend! Lame.

I posted this in the Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences thread.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Did anyone else recently get charged for food from the minibar (pretzels, nuts, chocolates, etc...)? My last experience at this hotel was that they didn't, I was surprised that they did this past weekend! Lame.
Why complain about charging for something that is not part of the published benefits?

I just think that it is lame to empty the minibar from the food and not to expect getting charged.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:27 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just got back from the IC SF and had an amazing stay. Ended up in the bay view suite, and for anyone interested I wrote a trip report with pics, which can be found here.
Great report. ^ Some FTs will stay there next week !!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Why complain about charging for something that is not part of the published benefits?

I just think that it is lame to empty the minibar from the food and not to expect getting charged.
Wow... how do you know the minibar was "emptied"? Were you there?

Anyway, this is my first experience at an IC that does this... especially that I had stayed previously at this property and they had automatically comped me, just like they have in the dozen other ICs I have stayed at.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow... how do you know the minibar was "emptied"? Were you there?
On your post you were referring to and this is a direct quote "pretzels, nuts, chocolates, etc...". Looks like emptying for me....
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
On your post you were referring to and this is a direct quote "pretzels, nuts, chocolates, etc...". Looks like emptying for me....
I don't want to hijack the thread.... those were just examples of what I was referring to on the list of items that one could get charged.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't want to hijack the thread.... those were just examples of what I was referring to on the list of items that one could get charged.
Some hotels charge sometimes. You have absolutely no recourse if you consume any of the non beverage items and they want to charge for them. Whether you have or have not been charged for them in the past is irrelevant.

Last edited by holtju2; Oct 2, 2008 at 12:46 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.