IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
delete

Last edited by indelible; Jun 29, 2009 at 10:48 am
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Does anybody know if they still offer sparkling wine in the club lounge? I'm considering to stay there in August.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 8:46 am

Is the IC San Francisco by far the best option for a tourist weekend in the city using the Get A Free Night award? IC Mark Hopkins is also available but appears to receive poorer reviews on Trip Advisor.

I am an Ambassador, if that matters.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I would say the IC is a better bet the the MH. It is more modern and IMO a better location. It is 2 blocks from Market St and the BART/Cable Car and in walking distance to the bay. The rates are usually better at the IC as well.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by kats
Does anybody know if they still offer sparkling wine in the club lounge? I'm considering to stay there in August.
Does your decision to stay at this property or not depend on the answer? Yes, they still have sparkling wine, but it is a cheap one, last time I was there and not very well chilled.

Best part about this hotel is they still give all RAs access to the CLub and the lounge is never really that full. ^
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:26 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
For plain Ambassadors, what room type is it now necessary to book in order to be upgraded to a high floor junior suite facing northeast (towards the Bay Bridge)? What about club access?

Thanks much....
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Luce (restaurant at IC SF) gets Michelin star

The restaurant at the IC SF, Luce, has been awarded a Michelin star.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNOE1A7P4J.DTL

Also, sort of related, I had no idea that Dominque Crennwas the same Dominique Crenn that I've been watching on The Next Iron Chef. Um, duh. I'm dense!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
The restaurant at the IC SF, Luce, has been awarded a Michelin star.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNOE1A7P4J.DTL

Also, sort of related, I had no idea that Dominque Crennwas the same Dominique Crenn that I've been watching on The Next Iron Chef. Um, duh. I'm dense!
Yep,

Had a business lunch there in the private dining area towards the back of the restaurant. She came by and visited with our group for about 5 minutes. She was very interested to hear our comments on her food^ Overall her and her food were very nice. Michelin star :-: well deserved
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:37 am

The President stayed at the IC!

I'm surprised not to see any mention of this on here. We were at the IC from 14th for four nights - we were told that a big VIP was coming next day and when we pressed further we discovered that it was Obama! He was giving a speech at the Westin St Francis. There was a lot of police activity both uniformed and plain clothed around the hotel.

On coming back to the hotel in the late afternoon on the 15th we were stopped at a police road block on Howard near the Moscone and told we couldn't walk down for a few moments - that was obviously when he was arriving as when we got to the hotel the place was swarming with police. Then later when we came down to go out to dinner there was again a lot of activity and we were told that he was expected back soon so we waited. We were out on the street but we were told by one of the IC management standing around that the Secret Service would move us inside before he came back so we moved in and stood by the glass just to the left of the revolving doors. Of course all we saw of him was the 2 presidential cars in the motorcade but what was astonishishing was the amount of police outside - we counted the police motorbikes lined up and got to at least 40! The streets around the hotel were closed off all night.

I got wind of the fact that he might be leaving around 9 the next morning so I went down to the lobby at 8.50 - again a lot of activity - so I went up to the glass windows up a few steps from the lobby. Apparently I'd just missed the motorbikes but on the dot of 9 the whole motorcade came up from the garage and sped off. We took photos but of course all we saw again was the cars. When we went up to the lounge for breakfast we heard that he'd been in the gym at 6.30am and that those who were already in there weren't asked to leave and that he shook their hands and spoke to them. Later in the day we were in a taxi and the driver told us that he lived by the airport and that the President's plane had taken off at 9.35 so that's not bad timing, having left the hotel at 9.

Anyway, there was great excitement overall amongst the IC staff that the President had chosen their hotel to stay in - apparently his first stay in the city since he became president and the first ever dignatary to stay at the hotel apart from someone from the Middle East a little while ago.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I'm surprised not to see any mention of this on here. We were at the IC from 14th for four nights - we were told that a big VIP was coming next day and when we pressed further we discovered that it was Obama!
I wonder if he's getting points for these stays. He stayed at the Montelucia last year.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I wonder if he's getting points for these stays. He stayed at the Montelucia last year.
You'd think he would choose a chain that gives you more than 2000 points flat per stay. I mean, his spend must be pretty significant.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:12 pm

Do you think he booked a regular room and got an upgrade?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Seems to be big fan of IC's. Maybe he is just saving tax payer money and using those free night awards.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I have an upcoming stay this weekend and was wondering the following if anyone has stayed here recently:

1) Will I get complimentary club access?
2) Is the club open on the weekends or should I book the breakfast rate?

Will be with the family so breakfast is preferred at the hotel and then head on out. Also what are the nearby attractions? We only have one day there and we are planning to go to the R&G lounge for dinner on saturday night.

Any suggestions?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by anaggie
I have an upcoming stay this weekend and was wondering the following if anyone has stayed here recently:

1) Will I get complimentary club access?
2) Is the club open on the weekends or should I book the breakfast rate?

Will be with the family so breakfast is preferred at the hotel and then head on out. Also what are the nearby attractions? We only have one day there and we are planning to go to the R&G lounge for dinner on saturday night.

Any suggestions?
RAs get complimentary club access, and yes, the club is open on the weekends. I always book the California Staycation package that includes buffet breakfast at Luce, so haven't actually ever had breakfast in the club, so can't comment on that. I have noticed however that their food offerings during tea & evening cocktail time have been getting whittled down slowly over time.

Nearby attractions would depend entirely on your interests and family composition (ages, etc.). The Ferry Building down at the end of Market St is great for wandering around, especially if the farmer's market is going on. Union Square is within walking distance for general shopping, etc. You could get a cable car there and head over to Fisherman's Wharf, the ultimate tourist attraction. Alcatraz is a great trip, everyone should do it once -- though you should book that in advance if you're thinking of doing it.

Enjoy the IC SF. It's a nice property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.