Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
deleted
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
You have absolutely no recourse
I didn't know ICHG hired you to enforce their rules
Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just got back from the IC SF and had an amazing stay. Ended up in the bay view suite, and for anyone interested I wrote a trip report with pics, which can be found here.
Wow, nice upgrade. That's gotta be one of the best 2 or 3 rooms in the whole hotel would be my guess!!!! ^ And great trip report, although I haven't had time to read it all just yet (don't worry, I will), I only skimmed it quickly.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just got back from the IC SF and had an amazing stay. Ended up in the bay view suite, and for anyone interested I wrote a trip report with pics, which can be found here.
I stayed in that suite back in July. It truly is a great room, and the hotel's service and amenities bestowed are wonderful. I am somewhat jealous, however, that you paid about half what I did ... though I believe my wife and I made up the difference on club lounge food and drinks, as well as considerable use of the minibar.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:12 pm

Anybody have an email address for the IC San Francisco?

I am coming to San Francisco with my mother () and wanted to see if any of the suites had 2 bedrooms or maybe 1 bedroom w/ a sofa bed in the living area.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Anybody have an email address for the IC San Francisco?

I am coming to San Francisco with my mother () and wanted to see if any of the suites had 2 bedrooms or maybe 1 bedroom w/ a sofa bed in the living area.
[email protected]

The 1-bedroom suite does have a sofa bed in the living room.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 4:42 pm

does this property serve champagne in the club lounge? is it provided in the mini bar?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
does this property serve champagne in the club lounge? is it provided in the mini bar?
Hmmm....now you're really stretching my brain. I almost always drink the champagne at any IC if there is some in the mini-bar; I cannot recall ever seeing any at the ICSF, though. Also, I don't have any recollection of them having any at the lounge -- though I could be very wrong on this one; I mostly stick with the beer in their club for some reason, and that's located in a cooler away from where they lay out the alcohol & wine for cocktails.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Yes to the club lounge.

I do not remember about the mini bar.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: IC PLat Elite
I really like this hotel. It is one of my fav in SF
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Yes to the club lounge.
Don't remember seeing champagne at the club lounge. Some sparkling yes. Huge difference, IMHO.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:42 pm

Hey guys, forum n00b here. I'm planning on staying at the ICSF for the SF marathon this year. Found the travelzoo $119 rate. Not an ambassador member and don't travel too often, but found the promo for stay 3 and get free Ambassador on this board. Is it worth it to ignore that promo and just pay the $150 for a 3 day upgrade anyways? What type of upgrade would a new member get? And it seems like if I want club lounge access I need to reserve a club room at $219. would that be worth double the price?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kzod
Hey guys, forum n00b here. I'm planning on staying at the ICSF for the SF marathon this year. Found the travelzoo $119 rate. Not an ambassador member and don't travel too often, but found the promo for stay 3 and get free Ambassador on this board. Is it worth it to ignore that promo and just pay the $150 for a 3 day upgrade anyways? What type of upgrade would a new member get? And it seems like if I want club lounge access I need to reserve a club room at $219. would that be worth double the price?
Hey kzod, welcome to FT,

$119 is a great rate. Check out the Friends and Family thread and see what rate that gives you too.

I don't think it is worth $100 to get Club access but the better room and Club Access may make it worth it. However I think a Club Room will just be a standard room higher up with fancier toiletries. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

By paying for the $150 Ambassador you would get a room upgrade, late checkout and a free in-room movie. Also if your stay is over a weekend you could use the free night voucher if, again someone can confirm, you can use it with the Travelzoo rate. That woul dmean you would get 3 nights for $238 which would be pretty good!
Old May 1, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Hey kzod, welcome to FT,

$119 is a great rate. Check out the Friends and Family thread and see what rate that gives you too.

I don't think it is worth $100 to get Club access but the better room and Club Access may make it worth it. However I think a Club Room will just be a standard room higher up with fancier toiletries. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

By paying for the $150 Ambassador you would get a room upgrade, late checkout and a free in-room movie. Also if your stay is over a weekend you could use the free night voucher if, again someone can confirm, you can use it with the Travelzoo rate. That woul dmean you would get 3 nights for $238 which would be pretty good!
one note - when i stayed at the IC boston - they would not let me use the b1g1 certificate with a travelzoo rate on the 1st night - i had to fight them tooth and nail and it was my birthday! eventually they caved but said they wouldnt do it again. i don't know if the sf is different...
Old May 20, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Smile Great points at ICSF

I stayed for 2 nights last month on a super travelzoo rate. Standard Amb upgrade (nice view, high floor) but with a suprise bottle of champagne and fruits, chocolates, daily water and free wi-fi. Best part for me as I strive towards platinum was the points awarded (not sure how this calculates but I get total of 16,000 pts for this 2 night stay)

Qualifying Stay
- Miles to SINGAPORE AIRLINES XXX mi
amb accelerator 2k bonus XXXX pts
anniversary bonus offer XXXX pts
priority club bonus offer XXXX pts
next stay bonus XXXX pts
30,000 points or 10,000 miles XXXX mi
Total – XXXX
Then a few days later this posted (and I am pretty sure I subscribed to the IC West Coast Offer after my ICSF stay was completed)

IC WEST COAST WEEKEND OFFER - INTERCONTINENTAL SAN FRANCISCO SAN FRANCISCO CA 4000 pts

Am trying out the "new" Holiday Inn in Bali next week and using 15K pts each night. The Opening Rates special of USD134+21% tax are almost as high as the IC Bali and not worth it.

Last edited by szg; May 20, 2009 at 2:13 pm Reason: XXXX the points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.